Verum Audio - Exciting high performance DIY planar
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 21, 2020 at 11:15 AM Post #1,442 of 1,486
Looks like I’m gonna have to break the bank...
I recommend to get the Verum first. HD600/650 require better gears, while the Verum is easy to drive and plays well with just about anything.

what pads should I use for the Verums? It comes with two doesn’t it? What third-party pads fit these?
Its stock perforated real leather is already a very good pads and enough to start with. It only comes with one set of pads.

Last edited:
Jun 21, 2020 at 2:26 PM Post #1,444 of 1,486
Also, I wanted to know what third-party pads (Dekonis, Brainwavz, etc.) fit so I can raise the bass.
I think so long as you stay with leather, that will have a better effect on the bass. Going with other materials like velour, in my experience, softens the bass impact.

Jun 21, 2020 at 3:11 PM Post #1,445 of 1,486
I think so long as you stay with leather, that will have a better effect on the bass. Going with other materials like velour, in my experience, softens the bass impact.
I was thinking more on the lines of the actual shape of the pad like Audeze pads, TH600 pads, TX00 pads...I’m guessing the Audeze pads fit best but I’m not sure if the Dekoni pads come with a flap or if it’s only tape...

EDIT: I guess it doesn’t matter if I can just stick the thing on but I still don’t know if the Audeze pads are the best fit...

Last edited:
Jun 21, 2020 at 3:41 PM Post #1,446 of 1,486
I was thinking more on the lines of the actual shape of the pad like Audeze pads, TH600 pads, TX00 pads...I’m guessing the Audeze pads fit best but I’m not sure if the Dekoni pads come with a flap or if it’s only tape...

EDIT: I guess it doesn’t matter if I can just stick the thing on but I still don’t know if the Audeze pads are the best fit...
Ah I see. I can't quite tell you how the pad shape affects the overall sound as I've been mostly sticking with rounded ones that go over-ear, similar to Audeze pads. Audeze pad from Dekoni usually just come with tape 3M pre-installed and has a flap if you wanted to mount it to another headphone with similar cup size.

I've been able to install a Dekoni Audeze Elite Velour on my Hifiman and placed the mount ring in it and fits alright.

One of the biggest sound differences I noticed when using the Audeze pads is the slight increase in sound width because of how far my ears are from the drivers. I can't say if it will have the same effect on the Verum but I would suppose it would.

Jun 21, 2020 at 10:22 PM Post #1,447 of 1,486
I had to do my own research...and it seems like the pads are 105mm wide so the Dekoni TH600 pads seem like the best fit but I’d need to measure the inner cavity, as well...though based on the driver size, I might just have to get the Auteur pads.

Last edited:
Jun 24, 2020 at 11:20 PM Post #1,449 of 1,486
The only explanation - it is a problem in the socket of your amp.
Hi Garuspik,

I use quite a lot of headphones with my amps. There has never been a problem. And this happens to both my amps. I'm 100% certain this is not the amp.

Is it possible because of the angle of the socket in Verum One, that puts pressure on the cable when I move my head left and right? What if I use an cable that has "L-shaped" 3.5mm connector, to relieve the pressure? Would this help?

Jun 29, 2020 at 12:01 AM Post #1,451 of 1,486
what pads should I use for the Verums? It comes with two doesn’t it? What third-party pads fit these?
One member who I respect a lot recommended to me the ZMF Universe pads but I have not had a chance to try them. He said they fit well and make everything that is good about the Verum 1 even better without taking anything away. If I ever get tired of the original solid pads I have been using, I will give the Universe pads a try. You might email ZMF for their thoughts on this.

Jun 29, 2020 at 3:43 AM Post #1,452 of 1,486
One member who I respect a lot recommended to me the ZMF Universe pads but I have not had a chance to try them. He said they fit well and make everything that is good about the Verum 1 even better without taking anything away. If I ever get tired of the original solid pads I have been using, I will give the Universe pads a try. You might email ZMF for their thoughts on this.
Hello, I see that there are several terminations of ZMF Universe. Which one is suitable?

Jun 29, 2020 at 9:23 AM Post #1,453 of 1,486
Jun 29, 2020 at 4:12 PM Post #1,455 of 1,486
I’m thinking of swapping out the Auteur Hybrid pads I have on my Sundaras, putting those on the Verums, and getting Auteur Perforated Hybrids for the Sundaras. I think that combination will compliment nicely (Sundaras for pure detail, Verums for warm body) but I’ll wait until the Verum 2s come out first. Thanks for the advice anyways!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back