Verum Audio - Exciting high performance DIY planar
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 28, 2020 at 5:43 AM Post #1,471 of 1,486
This guy has so much to offer for the headphone world and now this happened.

Pretty sad. Hope he gets back up again with a better attitude.

Jul 28, 2020 at 6:09 AM Post #1,472 of 1,486
I disagree :relieved: First because in this thread I've seen no evidence of said behaviour not accounting for what @voja said. Second, I would expect staff to devote a few words on the obvious position they're taking in the light of today's world climate. A statement and powerful signal vs a messy action against a MoT formerly welcomed by them.
Hmmm. That's right too.
Maybe they should put up a sticky reminding members to follow good forum etiquette and refrain from making such statements/comments on this platform.
Sorry I'm relatively new to this forum and haven't gone through the forum's policies in details regarding such matters. Also I don't know to what extent the forum was going to welcome the said person.
The idea behind not acknowledging such behavior is to demote others from deliberately getting polarised and going back to those discussions and keep referencing such benality in future threads, directly or indirectly; targeting the same people.
These days people will say any sort of nonsense just to remain in the limelight. The best way to deal with them is by not acknowledging them at all.
Anyway, I'm glad that there are still people like yourself and others who will not tolerate this sort of behaviour. Gives a bit of hope which is in short supply like you rightly said.:relaxed:

Jul 29, 2020 at 8:55 PM Post #1,473 of 1,486
I disagree :relieved: First because in this thread I've seen no evidence of said behaviour not accounting for what @voja said. Second, I would expect staff to devote a few words on the obvious position they're taking in the light of today's world climate. A statement and powerful signal vs a messy action against a MoT formerly welcomed by them.
The evidence is somewhat overwhelming:

https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...-and-vile-please-dont-give-him-business.4494/

https://www.reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/hsmffo/drama_garuspik_creator_of_verum_one_talks_about/
This guy has so much to offer for the headphone world and now this happened.

Pretty sad. Hope he gets back up again with a better attitude.

Sure, I hope he realises how insensitive and totally misguided he is. However, having had warnings for the past year on other forums, I doubt it.

No matter what, I'm never going to place my money into the hands of a racist. Present, or past.

@Mods - You ought to consider shutting this thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jul 29, 2020 at 11:40 PM Post #1,474 of 1,486
The evidence is somewhat overwhelming

Indeed! The places where I got the info from. As I said: in this thread. I doubt staff sat around the table with staff of other forums and came to a unanimous decision :]
Maybe we can get @AnakChan or @AxelCloris to shed light on the matter? Summoning can't hurt.

@Mods - You ought to consider shutting this thread.

What would be gained? Strongest reason to keep thread alive is Verum 1 fan base. For the good of the community I kind of hope this view is shared by those in power.

Jul 30, 2020 at 12:23 AM Post #1,476 of 1,486
What would be gained? Strongest reason to keep thread alive is Verum 1 fan base. For the good of the community I kind of hope this view is shared by those in power.

We banned the guy. Why close this thread? We are free to discuss about the headphone. Let's not overdo it.

Head-Fi is the only one of the major 3 headphone forums which still has material online which is helping to line the pockets of this man (despite the MoT ban).

You may argue that the product is separate to the man himself. Well no... you can see from some of the material above that:
(1) He uses racist remarks on support channels under the Verum name. When questioned about an order delay, he blamed "dumb blacks going to blm events".
(2) He directly wished cancer to a customer and his entire family "from the bottom of his heart". A customer who quite rightfully and very politely requested a refund after a 3 month delay on their order.

Is this kind of behaviour "overdoing it" enough for you?

The existence of 95 pages out of 99 of this thread finances this guy, and that doesn't sit right morally with me. Thoughts @jude ?

Last edited:
Jul 30, 2020 at 1:20 AM Post #1,477 of 1,486
Head-Fi is the only one of the major 3 headphone forums which still has material online which is helping to line the pockets of this man (despite the MoT ban).
Not really. ASR renamed and closed the thread. Let me know any other site. I may have missed it.

You may argue that the product is separate to the man himself. Well no... you can see from some of the material above that:
(1) He uses racist remarks on support channels under the Verum name. When questioned about an order delay, he blamed "dumb blacks going to blm events".
(2) He directly wished cancer to a customer and his entire family "from the bottom of his heart". A customer who quite rightfully and very politely requested a refund after a 3 month delay on their order.
I'm talking about us owners who would like to have discussions with other owners in this forum. Head-fi is not only created for MOTs, but for us as well. Where do we go for discussions if this thread is closed?

Let's just leave it to the mods. I will respect whatever decision they make.

Last edited:
Jul 30, 2020 at 2:20 AM Post #1,478 of 1,486
Where do we go for discussions if this thread is closed?

Exactly. Point has already been made by banning. Needless and a bit unfair to owners or interested persons no longer able to search or ask particular stuff here. Why burn?

@iamwhoiam I'm with you 100% on the foul inexcusable behaviour, and I'd think in the very near future his actions mean a very substantially felt impact on monthly average. Such a small scale operation could be unrecoverable without the major platforms, I don't know. Something to consider is that zapping the thread could also lead to the opposite. Without its existence the who-what-why is removed from history and Garuspik has might get a better chance at a second chance. Not what you're after ; )

Personally I believe strongly in second chances, but that's a story for (much) later..

Last edited:
Jul 30, 2020 at 5:19 AM Post #1,479 of 1,486
@omniweltall - ASR renamed the thread and deleted all his material within it. They closed the thread and will close future threads tired with the product. This is what would be the ideal.

I’m not contemplating about deleting the entire thread, just closing down the promotional avenues.

@moriez he had many second chances. The cancer incident happened last year and a whole thread was made discussing it.

I do very much respect both your opinions about freedom of speech unrelated to what has occurred. However, let’s just say our personal strategies to handle this are somewhat different and leave it there.

Peace.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jul 30, 2020 at 5:37 AM Post #1,480 of 1,486
I do very much respect both your opinions about freedom of speech unrelated to what has occurred. However, let’s just say our personal strategies to handle this are somewhat different and leave it there.
Agreed. No reason for any dispute. We all hold the the same opinion towards the topic at hand, just different view in how to handle it. That's all.

Cheers.

Last edited:
Jul 30, 2020 at 5:47 AM Post #1,481 of 1,486
Well i dondt care if the product ist made by Hitler himself together with Stalin if it is good.
A good product is a good product... but it is simply not excusable to behave like Hitler himself (I am German and Immigrant child and i really hate this racist bull!!! )

So if someone like to ruin his Bushiness because he behaves that way than thats done now..

Oh we also experienced this racist crap first hand in the E1DA discord....
I was really dazzled what crap he wrote and he also called me an idiot and whatever.. You had the impression he was like Tony montana in coke mode.

I also hate many of my customer and think they are stupid morons and cants.. but i will never tell them :wink: .. because thats stupid.

Jul 30, 2020 at 12:00 PM Post #1,482 of 1,486
Oh we also experienced this racist crap first hand in the E1DA discord....

Who did this in the discord channel? I am in that channel and I've never heard any comments on this, and a search on google shows nothing. Did you mean Ivan or did you mean someone visited the discord channel but isn't affiliated with E1DA?

Jul 30, 2020 at 11:01 PM Post #1,483 of 1,486

Is this kind of behaviour "overdoing it" enough for you?

The existence of 95 pages out of 99 of this thread finances this guy, and that doesn't sit right morally with me. Thoughts @jude ?

And what if someone comes on this forum and praises the Verum One? Should they be permanently banned? What about everyone that owns them?

Jul 31, 2020 at 2:06 AM Post #1,484 of 1,486

Peace.

Peace my man :relieved:

he had many second chances. The cancer incident happened last year and a whole thread was made discussing it.

Here? Because my focus is on mostly on Head-Fi our perspectives might be a bit different.

I’m not contemplating about deleting the entire thread, just closing down the promotional avenues.

Yeah, I mixed up closing and deleting. What's a promotional avenue in this case?

Jul 31, 2020 at 9:23 AM Post #1,485 of 1,486
Who did this in the discord channel? I am in that channel and I've never heard any comments on this, and a search on google shows nothing. Did you mean Ivan or did you mean someone visited the discord channel but isn't affiliated with E1DA?

nono he was a regular in E1DA chat , praised 9038s to be the best dac for his verum and talked a lot of BS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back