Verum Audio - Exciting high performance DIY planar
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 30, 2020 at 8:25 PM Post #1,390 of 1,486
Can anyone do a quick comparison of the mk1 version of the Verum Ones with the new mk1.2?

Do the perforated pads change the sound in any way? Is the new headband more comfortable?

My bad if this has already been mentioned but I'm currently trying to decide between the Verum Ones and the Hifiman Sundaras but couldnt find reviews for the new reviews Verum Ones.

May 30, 2020 at 11:44 PM Post #1,391 of 1,486
The mk2 is noticably lighter and more comfortable. Overall, looks much better with the new grill and especially, the headband. One thing, the mk2 has less range in the length adjustment, so it might not fit the biggest heads out there.

The new perforated pads (in comparison to the mk1 stock solid pads) sound more neutral and forward in the mids. But not too much overdone, imo. Female vocals sound more lively. There's less bass extension, but remain hefty. Overall, I like the new pads better. I didn't really like the mk1 stock pads, due to the round ear opening. If you're going to use solid pads. I suggest using others (ZMF, etc).

I keep different pads for the Verum, so that I can change the sound sig. Changing pads on the Verum is like a dream, as opposed to a nightmare for hifiman cans. I bought several pads from Verum, so I have 3 sets of those magnet rings. So, I change pads really easily and quickly.

The Verum extends deep and hits like a mad cow. One of its main strengths is bass attack and impact, and its overall macro dynamic. But I noticed that seal is important for the bass to come out fully. Try this track (Heilung - Svanrand) with solid angled leather pads, and compare it with the Sundara, Ananda, or Arya, and you'll see what I mean.

Last edited:
Jun 1, 2020 at 11:13 AM Post #1,394 of 1,486
When was he last on here...probably silenced same as E1DA owner...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back