Verum Audio - Exciting high performance DIY planar
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 3, 2019 at 4:01 PM Post #662 of 1,486
Can anyone compared the Verum One to the HEX V2?

I have the Ananda which is find is very similar to the HEX V2.

The Verum One is a more forward sounding headphone. Let’s says row 3-4 compared to to row 8-9 on the Ananda. Instruments have more weight on the Verum One but Ananda has a more lighter touch. Both have fantastic low end extension into the sub bass.

Ananda has a wider sound stage and has better separation in busy passages. If you’re not listening to something with extreme pacing you won’t notice it. Imaging goes to the Ananda but I find it’s acceptable for both. I really enjoy the timbre of on the Verum Ones compared to the Ananda. I very much enjoy guitar plucks from the Ananda but pianos and double kick drums sound more realistic out of the Verum One. They both have similar levels of detail in my opinion.

Personally, they’re both great headphones at their price. A good comparison would be the differences between the HD650 vs the HD800. It boils down to what type of presentation are you looking for?

Last edited:
Jun 3, 2019 at 4:29 PM Post #663 of 1,486
Can anyone compared the Verum One to the HEX V2?

Assuming the HEXs belongs to the same family as the HEKs, one noticeable difference is the placement of bass notes.

Both has a very good bass, but how bass sounds between the two is quite different. The Verum plays bass in the inner space around ear pads. This is okay, but when it goes through busy passages with lots of bass, it is felt congested, bass notes being bouncing around ear pads.
In contrast, the HEK plays bass in the outer space, if that makes sense.

Jun 3, 2019 at 4:42 PM Post #664 of 1,486
Assuming the HEXs belongs to the same family as the HEKs, one noticeable difference is the placement of bass notes.

Both has a very good bass, but how bass sounds between the two is quite different. The Verum plays bass in the inner space around ear pads. This is okay, but when it goes through busy passages with lots of bass, it is felt congested, bass notes being bouncing around ear pads.
Yup, Verum sounds more enclosed. Hifimans generally sound airy due to the open nature of their planars and the large cups.

HEXV2 is quite a smooth headphone that is more like a planar version of HD650. There's absolutely no sibilance and very forgiving and pleasant to listen to due to how smooth it sounds.

HEX series are different from HEK series as it's smooth, laid-back and not as strong in treble in comparison for the HEK series. It has more of a warm nature and more decay to the sounds. HEK are usually clearer and tighter sounding.

Jun 3, 2019 at 7:13 PM Post #665 of 1,486
Not exactly. They were posted on HeadFi in August but they had already showed up elsewhere in May 2018, followed later by someone else's graphs in July 2018 where the midrange distortion was no longer visible.

Thanks for flagging! Could you give me a link to the updated graphs?

Jun 6, 2019 at 8:58 AM Post #666 of 1,486

To me that's the Verum's biggest flaw. The pads supposedly remove some of it. We'll see about that.

Jun 6, 2019 at 10:36 AM Post #667 of 1,486
Can someone compare Verum 1 to Ultrasone Signature Dj? I love my sig dj a lot but closed cans makes my ears sweat and hot otherwise i love sig dj's clarity, resolution and amazing bass with seperation. Is someone can compare with that sides for me please? i

Jun 7, 2019 at 10:04 PM Post #668 of 1,486
Funny enough, I was considering the Valhalla 2 with a set of cans that were higher ohm, till I settled on the verum one. First time I've heard of the of the Lyr 3, which has peeked my interest. Digging around on some threads on here there's some interesting topics regarding the various tubes and how results can vary. Sound like quite some fun experimenting with various tubes, finding a sound signature I enjoy.

I'm not looking for the ultimate end-game as some on here. I'm the search of "incredibly good" to the average individual. Considering, I don't have quite the trained ear as some. And, I frankly don't have the budget to build up collection to compare. But I'm not against the idea of spending upwards of up to $1,000 on a amp/pre amp after thorough research if it suits my needs. Ideally, price vs. performance is my interests. With highest quality possible being the goal.

That said, the Lyn 3 defiently is on my radar. Thank you for its introduction.
Don't buy Valhalla2 for Planar. It's an OTL amp with high impedence and may not be a good match with Verum which is like 8 ohm.
I had Valhalla2 and Lyr 3 and I personally enjoyed Lyr 3. Way more musical and pairs well with Planar HP

Jun 8, 2019 at 8:32 PM Post #669 of 1,486
Some important news from @Garuspik for all parties waiting for their headphones:

“Hello. I know that I'm very delaying with last ~ 50 plegdges and orders made through website. Let me explain what is going on:

I've already assembled more then 150 cups (including grills, magnetic system etc). So basically I havу >75 of assembled headphones without headband.

Unfortunately my lathe machine where I produce titanium knobs was broken ~4 weeks ago and I was waiting for parts to repair it. I've finally received them and hope finish repairs tomorrow and start producing those knobs that're delaying all the process.”

https://www.kickstarter.com/project...hile-planar-magnetic-headphones/posts/2525712

Thanks for the update, shanecoughlan.
In my case, the problem is that I've asked for the Verum Ones to be sent to the US, which I visit only once a year.
I sadly cannot wait any longer for these headphones, as good as they are.
Does anyone know how to contact Garuspik directly and get a reply?

Jun 8, 2019 at 9:53 PM Post #670 of 1,486
Thanks for the update, shanecoughlan.
In my case, the problem is that I've asked for the Verum Ones to be sent to the US, which I visit only once a year.
I sadly cannot wait any longer for these headphones, as good as they are.
Does anyone know how to contact Garuspik directly and get a reply?

Yup, just click on his highlighted name on my last post to access his profile and send a direct message. He is very responsive in my experience.

Jun 12, 2019 at 12:02 PM Post #672 of 1,486
It's funny thing with sensitivity. I've only today found out that most of headphone manufacturers measure sensitive as db\V not as db\mW. If I measure in such way then Verum 1 is 117 db\V.

It certainly is ...!!!

The Verum1 is so powerful that with a 2 Watt amp can deliver painful punches to your skull bonds
and push low frequency air into your ears that not even a pair of 18 inch woofers driven by 2000
Watts can ever dream to achieve.

At 2 Watts you will be pushing 150 db's.
and that is with no sigh of distortion...

I dare everybody here to try it...

Jun 12, 2019 at 1:18 PM Post #673 of 1,486
It certainly is ...!!!

The Verum1 is so powerful that with a 2 Watt amp can deliver painful punches to your skull bonds
and push low frequency air into your ears that not even a pair of 18 inch woofers driven by 2000
Watts can ever dream to achieve.

At 2 Watts you will be pushing 150 db's.
and that is with no sigh of distortion...

I dare everybody here to try it...

No thank you, I prefer to not permanently damage my hearing.
jauge_temps_en.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back