VenturCraft Soundroid Typhoon
Jul 17, 2013 at 9:43 AM Post #91 of 343
Quote:

Aaaa...I won't really say that :wink:. VentureCraft & I had a very long conversation (probably would have been shorter if it weren't for the alcohol involved) about this - especially when they were offering promo spare tubes for the TT. So the official line is that OpAmps and tubes are meant to be replaced by the maker only. They're not completely rigid about that but they always have that warranty guideline to fall back on should they choose to exercise it.

Edit: This is one of the reasons why Musica Acoustics has this huge disclaimer in their TT page. I helped them proof read and correct that.

Thanks Anakchan for correcting me. It's true that you need proper knowledge/equipment to switch those part. I almost broke MUSES02 pin, when first swapping it on my LE. 

Jul 22, 2013 at 8:53 PM Post #93 of 343
Crickets in here...
Sadly I don't have a demo unit to review. mtthefirst must be conjuring up a massive detailed review after having it going for more than a week :).

I think he's the only one here on HF (who's active) who has the Typhoon.

Jul 22, 2013 at 9:53 PM Post #94 of 343
Quote:
Sadly I don't have a demo unit to review. mtthefirst must be conjuring up a massive detailed review after having it going for more than a week :).

I will probably put out the review next week because this week I'm in Thailand for the conference.

Jul 24, 2013 at 12:53 PM Post #96 of 343
Quote:

Damn, I only found out about the Typhoon AFTER I ordered my Sony PHA-1 -_-.  Well I guess if I don't like the Sony, now I know what else to get.

Also, if Val or anyone from V-MODA is reading this, you got your work cut out for you for the next amp project after the VERZA
wink.gif

p.s. why is this trend in the source and not the portable amp section?

Jul 25, 2013 at 4:57 PM Post #98 of 343
Jul 29, 2013 at 12:57 AM Post #100 of 343
FYI: both my AK120 and SDT just shipped, so hopefully I will have my half-baked review up soon.  It will be interesting to see how does it improve upon the V-MODA VERZA.

Jul 29, 2013 at 10:04 PM Post #102 of 343
Sort of off topic: I just got my AK120, and pair it with the Momentum is GODLY!!  My optical cable and the SDT is in route but it will take a while...

Jul 29, 2013 at 11:14 PM Post #103 of 343
Is there a manual for the SDT? I wished they had one cos it can get a bit confusing with all those swtiches 
etysmile.gif
  I feel the amp section of the SDT is not as powerful as the Intruder or Pico Power but it is definitely more than adequate for iems. Compared to the Pico Power and Intruder, I feel the SDT has slightly better clarity and less bass. This may make it less "meaty" in sound for some folks. Overall, I would consider this one of the better dacs/amps out there.

Jul 29, 2013 at 11:18 PM Post #104 of 343
Quote:
Is there a manual for the SDT? I wished they had one cos it can get a bit confusing with all those swtiches 
etysmile.gif
  I feel the amp section of the SDT is not as powerful as the Intruder or Pico Power but it is definitely more than adequate for iems. Compared to the Pico Power and Intruder, I feel the SDT has slightly better clarity and less bass. This may make it less "meaty" in sound for some folks. Overall, I would consider this one of the better dacs/amps out there.

Right now, there is only Japanese manual but here is a chart for different switch positions.

http://venturecraft.jp/gadget_jp/sdt/toggle_e.php

Users who are viewing this thread

Back