VenturCraft Soundroid Typhoon
Jul 16, 2013 at 9:33 PM Post #77 of 343
Quote:
They told me that english manual will took sometime. Japanese manual is not that bad consider you can just copy and paste it to google translate.

Hahaha, yeah, that's what I plan on doing. :)

Jul 16, 2013 at 9:55 PM Post #78 of 343
Quote:
Hahaha, yeah, that's what I plan on doing. :)

Here is some interesting fact. There is only one DAC chip on Typhoon (Go-Dap X have two). TI PCM5102 is doing for both iDevice and PC USB. DSD signal is pass through SA9027 to process DSD signal before send it to PCM5102.

I haven't got a confirmation from VentureCraft yet but it seem that those headphone out has triple functions as headphone out, optical out, and line out with 2Vrms at 47 kΩ.

Jul 16, 2013 at 10:22 PM Post #80 of 343
Here is some interesting fact. There is only one DAC chip on Typhoon (Go-Dap X have two). TI PCM5102 is doing for both iDevice and PC USB. DSD signal is pass through SA9027 to process DSD signal before send it to PCM5102.

I haven't got a confirmation from VentureCraft yet but it seem that those headphone out has triple functions as headphone out, optical out, and line out with 2Vrms at 47 kΩ.

Oh wow. And for a while I thought the only real negative was the lack of a line out (but optical out will suffice) but with this new news.... I'm so glad that I got this. :)

Jul 17, 2013 at 2:55 AM Post #82 of 343
Got an reply from them. It's variable line out. With the volume max out, you will get about 2 Vrms. It need to go through OpAmp. I'm trying it out now and got very clean signal. Didn't notice any distortion at the volume max out. I'll A/Bing with my Socket 1 later since both of them have the same MUSES02.

Jul 17, 2013 at 5:47 AM Post #83 of 343
Quote:
Got an reply from them. It's variable line out. With the volume max out, you will get about 2 Vrms. It need to go through OpAmp. I'm trying it out now and got very clean signal. Didn't notice any distortion at the volume max out. I'll A/Bing with my Socket 1 later since both of them have the same MUSES02.

Ah ok, sounds great. I've officially given up with getting audio of any sort of the pc. The google translate seems like gibberish to me. Why can't it just be plug and play like with iDevices? 
mad.gif

Jul 17, 2013 at 6:13 AM Post #84 of 343

Ah ok, sounds great. I've officially given up with getting audio of any sort of the pc. The google translate seems like gibberish to me. Why can't it just be plug and play like with iDevices? 
mad.gif

Got mine working on my Win8 PC now.

Put the left switch in the middle & the right switch to the top.

Try a different USB port & it will reinstall the drivers as a different device (mine is now listed as 2- USB Audio Interface). Make sure to plug it directly to the PC & not to use a USB hub. Also use the cable that came with the Typhoon just to be sure. I have a few micro USB cables that won't even charge my phone so there are obviously differences between them.

After you've done that select it as the audio device & configure it to accept all sample rates in the supported formats tab then go to the advanced tab & set the output to 2 channel, 32-bit & 96000hz. If its not working after that then I don't know what to suggest sorry.

After all that go here & download some DSD files then be blown away :p

Jul 17, 2013 at 6:55 AM Post #85 of 343
Quote:
Got mine working on my Win8 PC now.

Put the left switch in the middle & the right switch to the top.

Try a different USB port & it will reinstall the drivers as a different device (mine is now listed as 2- USB Audio Interface). Make sure to plug it directly to the PC & not to use a USB hub. Also use the cable that came with the Typhoon just to be sure. I have a few micro USB cables that won't even charge my phone so there are obviously differences between them.

After you've done that select it as the audio device & configure it to accept all sample rates in the supported formats tab then go to the advanced tab & set the output to 2 channel, 32-bit & 96000hz. If its not working after that then I don't know what to suggest sorry.

After all that go here & download some DSD files then be blown away :p

I tried all your suggestions already and nothing worked...or so I thought. I decided to just try more usb ports as I was only switching between 2. I hit the jackpot on my fifth USB port (my laptop has 4 USB ports and one ESATA/USB port). 5- USB Audio Interface ftw. :p

No idea why that's the case.... but an interesting "fix".

Thanks for giving me motivation to try more USB ports haha! Now to download me some DSD files. 
beerchug.gif

Jul 17, 2013 at 7:58 AM Post #86 of 343
So... where does one go to get access to the screwdriver for opening up the Typhoon to change out the opamp? And should you remove the top (the side with the huge logo) or the bottom (the side with gain/upsampling switches)? Anyway to do this without the peeps in Japan knowing so that they don't void the warranty? 
wink.gif

I am keen to try out some opamp rolling! 
biggrin.gif

Jul 17, 2013 at 8:09 AM Post #87 of 343
Quote:

mad.gif

It plug and play for me in both windows 7 and OSX but remember to turn it off before you connect it. The switch need to set to "USB DAC" position before turn it on.

Quote:
So... where does one go to get access to the screwdriver for opening up the Typhoon to change out the opamp? And should you remove the top (the side with the huge logo) or the bottom (the side with gain/upsampling switches)? Anyway to do this without the peeps in Japan knowing so that they don't void the warranty? 
wink.gif

Nope, it won't void the warranty. They are build for you to change to different opamps. Please remove the cover from the logo side using Torx T6 screwdriver.

Here is what it look like inside. I wish they could use black PCB like the one in TT or LE. 
biggrin.gif

Jul 17, 2013 at 8:54 AM Post #89 of 343
Quote:

Nope, it won't void the warranty. They are build for you to change to different opamps. Please remove the cover from the logo side using Torx T6 screwdriver.

Here is what it look like inside. I wish they could use black PCB like the one in TT or LE. 
biggrin.gif

Aaaa...I won't really say that :wink:. VentureCraft & I had a very long conversation (probably would have been shorter if it weren't for the alcohol involved) about this - especially when they were offering promo spare tubes for the TT. So the official line is that OpAmps and tubes are meant to be replaced by the maker only. They're not completely rigid about that but they always have that warranty guideline to fall back on should they choose to exercise it.

Edit: This is one of the reasons why Musica Acoustics has this huge disclaimer in their TT page. I helped them proof read and correct that.

Jul 17, 2013 at 9:27 AM Post #90 of 343
Quote:

biggrin.gif

Awesome! Thanks for that. 
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back