VENI-VIDI-VICI! V-MODA's new IEMs - Zn (formerly Alto) + FORZA - Crowdsourcing, Reviews, Discussions Thread!
Jul 27, 2015 at 1:03 PM Post #196 of 407
Nice to hear. I'd own a pair of M-100's if I could stand the mids. I care too much about the intimacy, fullness, and presence of vocalists (especially female ones). The M-100 is great, that's my only beef with it but it sounds like the Zn fills the only void and that has me excited.

Jul 27, 2015 at 3:11 PM Post #197 of 407
  Val can't make a visit to Tokyo without me holding him down and stealing a little of his time :D and glad I did.

Guess what I have in my ears at the moment? The Zn's lean more towards a neutralish signature in direct comparison to the M-100. The bass transition to mids feel more uniform and that trend continues to the trebles. The bass still hits hard, and the midrange and trebles are transparent and clear. I'm actually picking up some detail from the Zn that I don't hear in the M-100 - in fact I had to rewind my track a few times 'cos I thought there was something wrong with the demo Zn unit I had until I realised that it was actually in the track but wasn't picked up by the M-100.

But the M-100 & the Zn's have different signatures. I wouldn't weigh one being better than the other.

Aside form signature, these have a hefty weight in the hand but not in the ear. In the palm of my hand the Zns have a solid feel to it but surprisingly in the ears it doesn't feel heavy (I'm not using the ear hooks). However if I were to be running with them, I think the ear hooks would come in handy.

One of the best features of the Zn is the Kevlar cables....they really don't tangle! I'm kinda surprised why this isn't obvious to other makers especially for everyday IEMs where one could easily scrunch it up to put it into pockets and pull out to use without having to spend time untangling the cables.

It also comes with a 3 button volume/music control mic.

Sounds interesting but no pictures yet?

Jul 28, 2015 at 12:22 PM Post #199 of 407
NEWS FLASH!

We have decided only 25,000 units of Zn will ever be made.  I'll tell you why later, but it has to due with the air flow mechanics material supplier.

But I can confirm that they sound ABSOLUTELY SPECTACULAR AND LEAGUES ABOVE THEIR PRICE POINT - I GUARANTEE IT.

-V

STAY TUNED!!!

Jul 28, 2015 at 1:49 PM Post #200 of 407
  NEWS FLASH!

We have decided only 25,000 units of Zn will ever be made.  I'll tell you why later, but it has to due with the air flow mechanics material supplier.

But I can confirm that they sound ABSOLUTELY SPECTACULAR AND LEAGUES ABOVE THEIR PRICE POINT - I GUARANTEE IT.

-V

STAY TUNED!!!

how much will be the retail price? :)

Jul 28, 2015 at 4:40 PM Post #201 of 407
  NEWS FLASH!

-V

STAY TUNED!!!

Don't ask me why or how but I predicted these kind of negative news.

Jul 28, 2015 at 10:31 PM Post #202 of 407
Jul 28, 2015 at 11:38 PM Post #203 of 407

Don't ask me why or how but I predicted these kind of negative news.

I think it is a positive, it makes it an exclusive product!  Like vino, quality wineries have a maximum yield per year.  And as the saying goes, it gets better with age when you choose a vintage reserve!

Jul 29, 2015 at 2:13 AM Post #204 of 407
I think it is a positive, it makes it an exclusive product!  Like vino, quality wineries have a maximum yield per year.  And as the saying goes, it gets better with age when you choose a vintage reserve!

What use is an exclusive wine to me if it's made out of rotten grapes?

Your marketing is on point Val, no question but I'm looking for a headphone, not a fashion accessoire as you are making it out to be.

IF the headphone would be on point and as fantastic sounding as you are claiming, it would be an obvious missed business opopportunity for you not to capitalize on but since I know that you are a rather clever business man, I know what the limited production means in return.

Nevertheless good luck with the sales but I urge audiophiles to wait for honest reviews before purchasing.

Jul 29, 2015 at 2:32 AM Post #205 of 407
What use is an exclusive wine to me if it's made out of rotten grapes?

Your marketing is on point Val, no question but I'm looking for a headphone, not a fashion accessoire as you are making it out to be.

IF the headphone would be on point and as fantastic sounding as you are claiming, it would be an obvious missed business opopportunity for you not to capitalize on but since I know that you are a rather clever business man, I know what the limited production means in return.

Nevertheless good luck with the sales but I urge audiophiles to wait for honest reviews before purchasing.

Thanks for the feedback!

1) It definitely is not a fashion accessory, it is a headphone aimed at the head-fi community, mobile modern audiophiles (who need a microphone for calls/Siri/Google Now/Cortana) and for mobile musicians community, first and foremost.  The fashion is just the skin on the core.

2) Well, to be honest, we could only buy 50,000 of the precise tuning material (Made in Italy) we needed to make it sound the way it sounds.  After that, they discontinue the exact version of how it is woven.  I'll have more information on that later, it is intriguing in the details of how it is made to regulate the precise airflow mechanics and the tolerances we measure for it.

3)  I do agree, but who jumps first and buys/tries? Thanks for the clever comment (I appreciate it) - this is why we have a 60-day test-drive policy, 2 year warranty and 50% immortal life program.  We definitely back up our products.

Cheers, I look forward to sharing more soon and for the community to finally hear this headphone!  

I think it is the best universal in-ear I have heard to date, you be the judge...

-V 

Jul 29, 2015 at 2:54 AM Post #206 of 407

Thanks for the feedback!

1) It definitely is not a fashion accessory, it is a headphone aimed at the head-fi community, mobile modern audiophiles (who need a microphone for calls/Siri/Google Now/Cortana) and for mobile musicians community, first and foremost.  The fashion is just the skin on the core.

2) Well, to be honest, we could only buy 50,000 of the precise tuning material (Made in Italy) we needed to make it sound the way it sounds.  After that, they discontinue the exact version of how it is woven.  I'll have more information on that later, it is intriguing in the details of how it is made to regulate the precise airflow mechanics and the tolerances we measure for it.

3)  I do agree, but who jumps first and buys/tries? Thanks for the clever comment (I appreciate it) - this is why we have a 60-day test-drive policy, 2 year warranty and 50% immortal life program.  We definitely back up our products.

Cheers, I look forward to sharing more soon and for the community to finally hear this headphone!  

I think it is the best universal in-ear I have heard to date, you be the judge...

-V 

at what price range will it be competing at? :)  Have you compared it to iems in other price ranges? Am hoping to get one regardless

Jul 29, 2015 at 4:21 PM Post #208 of 407
As limited as these are. I know of no one in real life who owns any V-moda products except for myself and people I have given them too. I'm personally not worried too much about the "limited" status. The only place I've seen any V-Moda products in any store is at Best Buy - and that is the M100. It might be where I live, but I've never seen anyone else demo cans in any store - despite the displays. Best ones are the ones that let me plug-in my only source.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back