VENI-VIDI-VICI! V-MODA's new IEMs - Zn (formerly Alto) + FORZA - Crowdsourcing, Reviews, Discussions Thread!
Aug 3, 2015 at 9:54 AM Post #226 of 407
Just my wish list, man, 

No need to be offense!

I think people has much choices for in ear monitor market. especially the mid-low price point.

That's why I think bench-marking the momentum in-ear price point becomes so important. I do hope V-MODA consider it.:deadhorse:

Well, looking to what Vall has said before on the difficult manufacturing, the sound competing with $300 earphones, and the limited production I do not think they will be sub-100 any time soon...

Aug 3, 2015 at 2:43 PM Post #227 of 407
I think they should be $150 for us Head-fier's :ksc75smile:

A V-MODA owner's discount would be welcome. I'm definitely considering buying these although I think I may give up on IEM since lately they've been clogging my hearing from pushing earwax a bit too deep depending on the design of the ear tips.

Aug 3, 2015 at 9:40 PM Post #228 of 407
I agree with you !!

i was just talking about how the Zn can penetrate to the mass volume market (like sennheiser momentum in-ear)..

If it is targeting USD 300 grade earphone and in very limited capacity ....seem penetrating to mass market is not V-MODA concern.
Anyway, I still hope that Val can offer sales program to head-fier at very good deal, like USD 100  
L3000.gif
L3000.gif
L3000.gif

Aug 3, 2015 at 10:15 PM Post #229 of 407
A V-MODA owner's discount would be welcome. I'm definitely considering buying these although I think I may give up on IEM since lately they've been clogging my hearing from pushing earwax a bit too deep depending on the design of the ear tips

Hmm. Some tips sit more shallow in the ear than others. Also, bi-flange and tri-flange go deeper in the ear. This sounds more to me like a hygiene issues than anything (no offense, just my experience). I too notice the earwax build up in my ear after using IEMs. I just use a cotton swab (carefully) after I shower and everything is super clean. Yearly I do a soak with half hydrogen peroxide in my ear to clean out anything deep.

In regards to mass market and V-Moda. The Zn is their first and more premium new model. Val said that they will release the Forza soon, but after the Zn. That is aimed more at mass market and will be cheaper than the Zn. V-Moda is doing this right IMO. People get interested when they see experience gear, but opt for the cheaper version of it. That's why $30,000 Mercedes and BMW outsell $30,000 Chrysler's. It's all about the brand lust, and nothing says brand lust like a sexy product that is mildly expensive and better than everything else around it. Then when V-MODA drops their lower-cost offering, $$$$$$.

Aug 4, 2015 at 6:29 AM Post #231 of 407
  Hmm. Some tips sit more shallow in the ear than others. Also, bi-flange and tri-flange go deeper in the ear. This sounds more to me like a hygiene issues than anything (no offense, just my experience). I too notice the earwax build up in my ear after using IEMs. I just use a cotton swab (carefully) after I shower and everything is super clean. Yearly I do a soak with half hydrogen peroxide in my ear to clean out anything deep.

In regards to mass market and V-Moda. The Zn is their first and more premium new model. Val said that they will release the Forza soon, but after the Zn. That is aimed more at mass market and will be cheaper than the Zn. V-Moda is doing this right IMO. People get interested when they see experience gear, but opt for the cheaper version of it. That's why $30,000 Mercedes and BMW outsell $30,000 Chrysler's. It's all about the brand lust, and nothing says brand lust like a sexy product that is mildly expensive and better than everything else around it. Then when V-MODA drops their lower-cost offering, $$$$$$.

I do try to clean off the IE buds but now that you mention it I have never had to have my ears cleared with peroxide until I began using IEs again after a long period of not using them at all (or using EarPods, which are surprisingly hygienic though not great-sounding). For that reason alone I am not sure I would continue using IEs although the Zn does sound pretty fantastic and is probably a better value than the XS.

Aug 9, 2015 at 12:11 PM Post #234 of 407
Info just a few posts up Mr. Moch
rolleyes.gif

"In regards to mass market and V-Moda. The Zn is their first and more premium new model. Val said that they will release the Forza soon, but after the Zn. That is aimed more at mass market and will be cheaper than the Zn."

Wait isn't there already a Zn earphone??

zinc-promo-grey_2.jpg

evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back