VENI-VIDI-VICI! V-MODA's new IEMs - Zn (formerly Alto) + FORZA - Crowdsourcing, Reviews, Discussions Thread!
Jun 24, 2015 at 9:06 AM Post #181 of 407
  Since I'm up to mixing music with IEM's but ALSO doing some sport should i get the Zn or wait a few month's more for the Forza ?

It will depend more on features/sound a bit - they are both good for sport and have different sport features in-fact.  One uses earhook (Zn) one has fin.

Stay tuned, we start MP on June 29th (crossing fingers).
-V

Jun 25, 2015 at 3:50 PM Post #182 of 407

It will depend more on features/sound a bit - they are both good for sport and have different sport features in-fact.  One uses earhook (Zn) one has fin.

Stay tuned, we start MP on June 29th (crossing fingers).
-V

I sure hope mass production means seeing it up on the V-MODA page! Or at least some pictures/videos on what it looks like!

Jul 24, 2015 at 12:31 AM Post #187 of 407
Forum friends,

It has been a tough month as we are working day and night to launch the new in-ear and another special project.  I've been traveling between Japan, Hong Kong, China and Taiwan (soon) every week.

Believe it or not, it is mostly the little things that sting - fixing the packaging and insert black/contrast levels, cable ties, etc. are giving us fits at this stage in the product development process.  I'll give updates on "Zn" this weekend, we are ramping up mass production next week! 

Stay tuned... I'll post some cool pictures here!

-V

Jul 24, 2015 at 12:50 AM Post #188 of 407
  Forum friends,

It has been a tough month as we are working day and night to launch the new in-ear and another special project.  I've been traveling between Japan, Hong Kong, China and Taiwan (soon) every week.

Believe it or not, it is mostly the little things that sting - fixing the packaging and insert black/contrast levels, cable ties, etc. are giving us fits at this stage in the product development process.  I'll give updates on "Zn" this weekend, we are ramping up mass production next week! 

Stay tuned... I'll post some cool pictures here!

-V

Thank you so much for replying so quickly. Have been reading up on both the Zn and the Forza all day, made my day in fact so thank you. Looking forward to the release of the Zn as soon as possible. Looking to buy these as a late birthday present for myself since it's not out yet.

Jul 24, 2015 at 12:51 AM Post #189 of 407
MUST SEE VIDEO:

"Ever wonder how the little R + L is laser-etched into the metal on our headphones?"

Zn "R" lasering in mass production:

Jul 24, 2015 at 1:08 AM Post #190 of 407
Acoustic tuning and dampening materials precision selected for their micro-density and micro-woven/interwoven characteristics: 

Cavi cavi cavi e Kevlar!  (cables in Italian)

Jul 24, 2015 at 2:05 AM Post #192 of 407
With production being ramped up, when will we be getting a sales page on the website?

Within 2 weeks on the site... We are aiming for the 4th of August to finish the content.

Jul 27, 2015 at 11:44 AM Post #195 of 407
Val can't make a visit to Tokyo without me holding him down and stealing a little of his time :D and glad I did.

Guess what I have in my ears at the moment? The Zn's lean more towards a neutralish signature in direct comparison to the M-100. The bass transition to mids feel more uniform and that trend continues to the trebles. The bass still hits hard, and the midrange and trebles are transparent and clear. I'm actually picking up some detail from the Zn that I don't hear in the M-100 - in fact I had to rewind my track a few times 'cos I thought there was something wrong with the demo Zn unit I had until I realised that it was actually in the track but wasn't picked up by the M-100.

But the M-100 & the Zn's have different signatures. I wouldn't weigh one being better than the other.

Aside form signature, these have a hefty weight in the hand but not in the ear. In the palm of my hand the Zns have a solid feel to it but surprisingly in the ears it doesn't feel heavy (I'm not using the ear hooks). However if I were to be running with them, I think the ear hooks would come in handy.

One of the best features of the Zn is the Kevlar cables....they really don't tangle! I'm kinda surprised why this isn't obvious to other makers especially for everyday IEMs where one could easily scrunch it up to put it into pockets and pull out to use without having to spend time untangling the cables.

It also comes with a 3 button volume/music control mic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back