Velour/Felt Pads for ATH-M50?
Oct 2, 2009 at 3:18 PM Post #77 of 441
Well I purchased the DT250 velours for $30 CAD from Long and McQuade, will post my findings once the order comes in! For Canadian buyers, just go to your local L&M and they will order a set for you, but make sure they're velours, not the soft skin.

Oct 2, 2009 at 5:48 PM Post #78 of 441
Quote:

Originally Posted by kb1gra /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A little late to the party, but would there be interest in custom-made velour or lambskin pads for these? I know how to make either, but am wondering if there would be enough people interested to make it worthwhile to cannibalize a pair, make a pattern, and get some made.

What say you all?

Interesting idea. Would they create somewhat of a seal? I know the M50 really rely on a good seal to have any bass at all. The DT250 pads also have some sort of vinyl/plastic back where they attach to the ear cup.

That does sound like some nice pads though. Do you happen to be able to make leather (real leather) ones too?

Oct 2, 2009 at 8:51 PM Post #79 of 441
In theory, yes, I can make lambskin pads, though it depends on the headphone a great deal. The more intricate the assembly is the harder it is to make them. I am working on a set for the M50 right now to see if it's possible.

Oct 2, 2009 at 9:17 PM Post #80 of 441
Quote:

Originally Posted by kb1gra /img/forum/go_quote.gif
In theory, yes, I can make lambskin pads, though it depends on the headphone a great deal. The more intricate the assembly is the harder it is to make them. I am working on a set for the M50 right now to see if it's possible.

I'm curious to see how the lambskin pads work out for the M50. Keep us posted! One thing that would be important for me (in addition to sound quality and price) is that the pads be at least as thick as the original AT pleather ones, as the original pads are on the edge of bringing my ears into contact with the driver housings and causing discomfort.

Oct 5, 2009 at 3:09 PM Post #81 of 441
Please respond to custom pads...my pleather ones are cracked due to sweat...been using them for a year straight and AT USA won't respond to requests for replacements...what's up with that? Thanks for any advice...

t

Oct 5, 2009 at 3:28 PM Post #82 of 441
Quote:

Originally Posted by tea-head /img/forum/go_quote.gif
AT USA won't respond to requests for replacements...what's up with that?

Did you call them or just email? I ordered replacements from AT USA a few months ago via phone.

Oct 11, 2009 at 12:07 AM Post #86 of 441
Quote:

Originally Posted by Freakygreek /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Any chance in seeing some pictures.

Absolutely. Just look at the previous page.
wink.gif

Oct 15, 2009 at 6:58 PM Post #88 of 441
I have my ATH-M50's and I have the Bayerdynamic dt250 pads on back order w/Sweetwater. Gawd, do the M50's sound fantastic!!!!! Now all I need is a Pico Slim to be released and I'm in heaven!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oct 15, 2009 at 6:59 PM Post #89 of 441
DT250 pads are backordered 30 to 60 days according to Beyer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back