Velour/Felt Pads for ATH-M50?
Aug 12, 2009 at 5:17 AM Post #46 of 441
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZDaudiopenguim /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I also have the overheating problem with m50. My room can get hot enough even with AC on(I live in Miami) so wearing pleat pads is not comfortable. So getting velour pads for m50 is not a option FWIR, maybe i'll get myself a pair of open cans at home, or any more suggestions for the pads?

Someone needs to get some beyer dt250 velour pads with the knowledge that they are gonna tear, and just see if they can force them on. That is my only thought
frown.gif

It'd have to be velour that makes a decent seal. Thankfully I think this summer has been cool where I live, only had to turn on the portable AC a few days.

Aug 12, 2009 at 7:04 AM Post #47 of 441
I did some research on the beyerdynamic dt770 velor earpads.
I recently got the m50s and i love them but velor is so much more comfortable
biggrin.gif

anyways i believe there are two different sizes of these earpads.

the regular dt770 ear pads:
Beyerdynamic DT770 Velour Earpads @ HeadRoom

and some other ones called EDT770 V:
Beyerdynamic EDT 770 V Ear Cushions DT770 / MMX300 (EDT770V) - Soft Velour Repla HiFi Headphones

These are the ones on the Beyer Website:
beyerdynamic MANUFAKTUR*-*DT 770 Ear Pads

Oh and one more thing there are three different versions of the dt770
beyerdynamic MANUFAKTUR*-*Headphones
oh my goodness im confused
confused_face(1).gif

Could someone possibly confirm this. I could be wrong.

Aug 12, 2009 at 8:08 AM Post #48 of 441
I remember reading about the other kind of dt770 pads, I wonder if those are smaller? I didn't know the actual name of them so my searches came up empty.

Maybe we could like wash them and stick them in the dryer for a long time, perhaps they'd shrink
biggrin.gif
lol.

Aug 12, 2009 at 8:41 AM Post #50 of 441
haha I doubt it.

here's the link roughly translated that was mentioned on pg1. Scroll down, where it says recommended accessories, it has the EDT 770 V pads. I couldn't find any info about it, its a pain to try to get each page translated, and I cant read a letter of russian
frown.gif
. Where's the pianist?
frown.gif

Obviously they used those pads, there are pics of them on, I wonder if they needed to be modded at all.

here it says they fit the m40

here near the bottom of the page someone says the pads are different for different years.

Aug 12, 2009 at 11:35 AM Post #53 of 441
Thanks a lot limpidglitch for the thomann.de link. I was looking for replacement pads since some time. The second day I had my ATH-M50 one of my rats ate part of one pad and until now I just repaired it with some black tape. But it will be nicer to have new ones. Rat and headphones is a difficult combination!!!!

Aug 14, 2009 at 9:12 PM Post #55 of 441
Anyone going to try these? Shipping kills me from thoman.de, 30 euros to ship to the US
eek.gif
I can only find the EDT770V for sale in europe. The best I can do is get the AKG pads from headroom for $45 shipped
frown.gif

Somebody that lives in europe/UK should pick some up and see if they fit
L3000.gif

Aug 15, 2009 at 1:33 AM Post #57 of 441
Quote:

Originally Posted by inDeeDy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I talked to a beyer representative and he said the dt770 ear pads and the edt770 v ear pads are the same.

you can get them at the usa website. Im about to order some and if they dont fit ill just mod them to make em fit and post a tutorial or something
biggrin.gif

beyerdynamic MANUFAKTUR*-*DT 770 Ear Pads

cool, let us know how that turns out
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 11, 2009 at 6:07 AM Post #60 of 441
Quote:

Originally Posted by OpticElement /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey all I'm back from Long and McQuade... To make a long story short, no the DT250 pads will not fit the M50s:

Went in and asked to try the exchange. I noticed that the lip the M50 pads go over was much bigger than the DT250s, so also, the M50s had much more material for the lip than the DT250s. The DT250 pads could hardly get a hold of the M50's lip to the point where the guy I was talking to asked me not to push it, as we was afraid that the DT250 pads would either, a) get torn, or b) get stretched so that they wouldn't fit back over the original headphones. While I guess it's possible that if I had pushed the DT250s they may have fit, they didn't seem to want to go over.

It seems as though we are stuck with the pleather, unless we do some modding.

I was very sad when I read this initially, but I couldn't just take it as fact. I ordered a set of DT250 earpads and they fit! They are obviously made for a *slightly* smaller can, but they fit without me feeling like I was going to tear the material -- though I had to turn the lip inside out to get it on right. In my estimation they took the same amount of force to put on as when I swapped the pads on my Senn HD-25-1 II.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pianist /img/forum/go_quote.gif
++ It's weired, because from the looks of that picture it seems that the Beyer pads stretch out a bit on the M50s and shouldn't fall off easily. Are there different sizes of the pads perhaps? As for DT250 pads, they should fit much better, since they are about the same size as well as shape as M50 ones. I am still concerned about the possible negative SQ changes that putting velour pads on might bring. I used to own Senn HD25-1s and I thought that they sounded much better with pleather pads. With velour ones, the low end became thinner and highs became harsher, plus isolation really decreased - didn't like that at all.

I noticed no real thinning of the bass or harsher highs. However, I thought the sound was essentially the same when switching from pleather to velour on my HD 25s. Although this could have been clouded by my absolute hatred of pleather.

So, if anyone is still on the fence with these velour pads -- buy them!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back