Vegan headphones
Apr 14, 2018 at 9:55 AM Post #76 of 77
As long as they don't use leather pads etc. you should be fine with that specific headphone depending how strict you are. Just know that even if the pair you buy is vegan, does not mean that the money the company made off you is not used to purchase animal products for other products in their line. Also headphones with wood might be treated with beeswax or some other animal product. Chinese also might use an animal based glue in the assembly. Steric Acid is used in rubber and plastic production. Animal fats are used in plastic molds as a release agent.

I have friends who are strict vegan and won't even buy products from companies that manufacture any products with animal sources. It can be difficult.

Anyhow, good luck.

Apr 15, 2018 at 8:57 AM Post #77 of 77
For the focal elear I think it may still have leather on the headband so I think its not Vegan.

I do wish manufacturers would stop relying on real leather. There are so many better options like synthetics that are more durable or microfibre. Its quite annoying. Props to Sennheiser for not using leather!!!

As long as they don't use leather pads etc. you should be fine with that specific headphone depending how strict you are. Just know that even if the pair you buy is vegan, does not mean that the money the company made off you is not used to purchase animal products for other products in their line. Also headphones with wood might be treated with beeswax or some other animal product. Chinese also might use an animal based glue in the assembly. Steric Acid is used in rubber and plastic production. Animal fats are used in plastic molds as a release agent.

I have friends who are strict vegan and won't even buy products from companies that manufacture any products with animal sources. It can be difficult.

Anyhow, good luck.

It can be a slippery slope if you adopt the philosophy of not buying from a company that makes non-vegan things. What about your own home? Surely there are animal materials involved in the building materials... are you going to live in the forest?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back