VE - A New and Impressive Earbuds Brand
May 18, 2015 at 10:05 PM Post #572 of 3,324

Yeah the pressure can build up and cause discomfort. No I think lots of companies have remotes. And if they don't, they sell cables with inline remotes with for removable cable models.

And congrats on your purchase. Hope you enjoy it! Definitely post your impressions on here. What are you planning to power them with?

Well I was looking to use it with the Creative E5

Also,how is this VE Zen compare to the Dunu DN2000? I know the DN2000 is IEM but in term of sound quality, how is this VE Zen live up to the DN2000?

May 19, 2015 at 1:46 AM Post #574 of 3,324
I saw the seller's portable amplifer on aliexpress : Breeze audio E11, E10
What are the differences between the two model?
thickness of E11,  driving power of E10 into 32 and 320 Ohms?
Any hiss on other sensitive phone?
What is their sound character?

May 19, 2015 at 3:36 AM Post #576 of 3,324

Yeah the pressure can build up and cause discomfort. No I think lots of companies have remotes. And if they don't, they sell cables with inline remotes with for removable cable models.

And congrats on your purchase. Hope you enjoy it! Definitely post your impressions on here. What are you planning to power them with?

Well I was looking to use it with the Creative E5

Also,how is this VE Zen compare to the Dunu DN2000? I know the DN2000 is IEM but in term of sound quality, how is this VE Zen live up to the DN2000?

One of my Chinese fan, after purchasing the Zen, sold pretty much every iem and earbud he owned, keeping only senn's ie800, but as he is saying , they are merely there to collect dust (most of the time, he uses zen for pop, according to him, ie800 is still a bit better than Zen when listening to Western Classical music)  , he said he will give his ie800 to me if I can make Zen even better so he can just part with the IE800, which for me , honestly speaking is close to impossible ,as iem and earbud are different breed, and IE800, itself, is the current flagship of pretty much every IEMs, but it is fun to always push for more, that ,at least for us, is what hi-fi is all about.

Cheers 

Lee 

p.s. Thanks for your trust, we will try to get them out ASAP(most likely tmr) , I was going to send a demo set along with my electrostatic amp to a friend, but he can wait,.

it is really sold out now, it will be re-stocked next week though

May 19, 2015 at 3:39 AM Post #577 of 3,324
But Zen deserves more, not to even mention, the amp will be super affordable for Zen users.

Am I correct?  it seems to me that there is better amplifier than E11, E16 coming out?
     What is the thickness of E11 and E16? as I want my portable rig as small as possible
I am also using Samsung S4 so E11 or E10 (if not very thick) is probably good for me.

I am now using RSA SR71B which can drive Zen very well but it is not matched with my S4

May 19, 2015 at 3:43 AM Post #578 of 3,324
  But Zen deserves more, not to even mention, the amp will be super affordable for Zen users.

Am I correct?  it seems to me that there is better amplifier than E11, E16 coming out?
     What is the thickness of E11 and E16? as I don't want my portable rig as small as possible
I am also using Samsung S4 so E11 or E10 (if not very thick) is probably good for me.

I am now using RSA SR71B which can drive Zen very well but it is not matched with my S4

I will not say they are better Amp than E11 E16, but they are surely a much better AMP for Zen. (Weiliang is a close friend of mine, so plz do ask me to say things like if my stuff is better than his, I will only answer you it is better for Zen. lol)

Also when you mention the S4, it will not work with any portable amp, instead what you need a portable dac/amp, in this case e16 is ideal for your cause, we still have one unit of E16 left, if you wanna them~

You can talk to me on Aliexpress, or via PM here .

Cheers 

Lee

May 19, 2015 at 4:54 AM Post #579 of 3,324
Surely all you need to amplify a signal is an amplifier that goes loud enough?  How difficult can the Zens be to drive?  I'm sorry but I don't understand why there is so much discussion about which amp is best for the Zen.  

May 19, 2015 at 5:23 AM Post #580 of 3,324
  One of my Chinese fan, after purchasing the Zen, sold pretty much every iem and earbud he owned, keeping only senn's ie800, but as he is saying , they are merely there to collect dust (most of the time, he uses zen for pop, according to him, ie800 is still a bit better than Zen when listening to Western Classical music)  , he said he will give his ie800 to me if I can make Zen even better so he can just part with the IE800, which for me , honestly speaking is close to impossible ,as iem and earbud are different breed, and IE800, itself, is the current flagship of pretty much every IEMs, but it is fun to always push for more, that ,at least for us, is what hi-fi is all about.

Cheers 

Lee 

p.s. Thanks for your trust, we will try to get them out ASAP(most likely tmr) , I was going to send a demo set along with my electrostatic amp to a friend, but he can wait,.

You mentioned IE800 is current flagship of every IEMs, what abvout those JH Audio IEMs? aren't those better than IE800?

May 19, 2015 at 7:14 AM Post #582 of 3,324
I will not say they are better Amp than E11 E16, but they are surely a much better AMP for Zen. (Weiliang is a close friend of mine, so plz do ask me to say things like if my stuff is better than his, I will only answer you it is better for Zen. lol)

Sorry I previously thought that the Breeze Audio E11 and E16 are of VE.
      I will have Ibasso D14 to do the job with my S4.  I think it will have enough juice to drive Zen (400mw into 32 Ohm)

Surely all you need to amplify a signal is an amplifier that goes loud enough?  How difficult can the Zens be to drive?  I'm sorry but I don't understand why there is so much discussion about which amp is best for the Zen.

I currently have 4 portable amplifier : RSA 71B, RSA protector, Iqube V2 and O2.  It seems to me that we need more powerful amplifier to drive Zen to its full potential.
      To me RSA 71B (which can drive Hifiman HE6 with balanced in & out) has the best result but the size of SR71B does not match with my S4 so I am looking for another one
Hope the Ibasso D14 will do the job.  However I am looking for another option too.

May 19, 2015 at 8:19 AM Post #584 of 3,324
I know you won't say it, then allow me

I think the main reason, John has not place an order for Zen yet, is simply because he is waiting for my other stuff.

most the amp, also the retail Asura and the Monk.  Also I think John is actually enjoying them right now, there is no rush,

As Zen is currently sold out, we will have a lot more next week , honestly , did not expect this kind of demand.

so Thank you head-fi! 

Also, I have been pushing for the amp and stuff, will send Bruce One to Join the rest of the tour ASAP.

Cheers 

Lee

A side note, anyone looking to join the USA and Canada tours, shoot me a PM, I am still adding people to the list...

Can't wait to see that amp Lee! :). The Zens have become my go to at the office now...I am driving them with a FiiO E12, waiting patiently to have them pushed to their full potential by the dedicated amp though...

May 19, 2015 at 9:38 AM Post #585 of 3,324

Cheers 

Lee 

Not surprised as I have a feeling I will have to do the same! (clearing inventory as they will be unused :p) I was up till 3 am last night listening to some of my old fav EDM tracks and a few Kpop tracks. These are hands down the BEST for dance music for me. Brings each and every song to life. 

When is the estimated availability for the amp? Will it better than the current available Breeze E11 and E16? I am excited to finally get my own pair haha. Last night really sealed the deal with me had some pretty sweet trance music moments with it.

Hopefully the amp isn't too far away!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back