VE - A New and Impressive Earbuds Brand
May 18, 2015 at 7:08 PM Post #556 of 3,324
Ok thx I just looked at aliexpress and the shipping is 84$+ to US? wow..
They have the $7 shipping options but that is like 5-15 days, which is like 2 weeks to get to me? that's a long time to wait.
You guys think I should just buy the Dunu Alpha 1 then? Or is the Zen really kill the Alpha 1 by a long shot? I like bass and looking for a good bass earbuds.

May 18, 2015 at 7:29 PM Post #558 of 3,324
Read my review, the VE Zen is ahead in the top tier sound quality level versus the alpha1 which is mid tier at best :blush:

Yea I read your review already.  But I want to know is that is the Zen like "WAY" ahead of the Alpha 1 ? Or it's just a step above? 
CAuse if it's just a step above, then I'll just get the Alpha 1 since it's easier to buy than the Zen.  If the Zen is "WAY" above then I will get the Zen from Aliexpress which 
they have to ship overseas.

Also, I see the SEnnherser MX985 is still in the top above the Zen.  So is the MX985 still sound better than the VE Zen? And where can I buy the MX985 now aday since it's old?

May 18, 2015 at 8:18 PM Post #559 of 3,324
  Ok thx I just looked at aliexpress and the shipping is 84$+ to US? wow..
They have the $7 shipping options but that is like 5-15 days, which is like 2 weeks to get to me? that's a long time to wait.
You guys think I should just buy the Dunu Alpha 1 then? Or is the Zen really kill the Alpha 1 by a long shot? I like bass and looking for a good bass earbuds.

Wait, are you saying that shipping alone is 84? Thats wrong :/ Where are you located? Even expedited shipping to NA is like 20 dollars. E-Packet is about 4 bucks and that takes only 10 days. two weeks sounds about right. I have been buying from Asia for awhile so this doesn't seem to be any longer than most. I think E-packet is the way to go if you're in NA.

Yea I read your review already.  But I want to know is that is the Zen like "WAY" ahead of the Alpha 1 ? Or it's just a step above? 
CAuse if it's just a step above, then I'll just get the Alpha 1 since it's easier to buy than the Zen.  If the Zen is "WAY" above then I will get the Zen from Aliexpress which 
they have to ship overseas.

Also, I see the SEnnherser MX985 is still in the top above the Zen.  So is the MX985 still sound better than the VE Zen? And where can I buy the MX985 now aday since it's old?

I don't think the MX985 is in production anymore. You can't buy it brand new easily I think. I could be wrong but I tried looking for it earlier. 

May 18, 2015 at 8:28 PM Post #560 of 3,324

Wait, are you saying that shipping alone is 84? Thats wrong :/ Where are you located? Even expedited shipping to NA is like 20 dollars. E-Packet is about 4 bucks and that takes only 10 days. two weeks sounds about right. I have been buying from Asia for awhile so this doesn't seem to be any longer than most. I think E-packet is the way to go if you're in NA.

I don't think the MX985 is in production anymore. You can't buy it brand new easily I think. I could be wrong but I tried looking for it earlier. 

Yea thought so.  So the only option for high end earbuds now is the Dunu Alpha 1 and the new VE Zen, hmm...
It's so hard to decide between the Alpha 1 and the VE zen because I like the Alpha 1 is really easy to buy which I can buy from Amazon.  And the VE Zen I know for sure it has better sound quality and bass but it's from Aliexpress and I never bought anything from there , so I don't trust it.

May 18, 2015 at 8:35 PM Post #561 of 3,324
  Yea thought so.  So the only option for high end earbuds now is the Dunu Alpha 1 and the new VE Zen, hmm...
It's so hard to decide between the Alpha 1 and the VE zen because I like the Alpha 1 is really easy to buy which I can buy from Amazon.  And the VE Zen I know for sure it has better sound quality and bass but it's from Aliexpress and I never bought anything from there , so I don't trust it.

@zhibli06 (Lee) is the head of the VE and he's can be reached on here easily enough. AE itself isn't the problem but how some sellers can be. He's legit and on the up and up. If you are worried about transaction safety, there are a few in this thread alone who has purchased thru AE and had no trouble getting the products.

He's pretty nice and approachable so you can always reach out to him if you have any questions about anything including shipping options and any concerns about AE :) 

I haven't heard the Alpha 1 but I am always in contact with Mochill and he's always told me pretty adamantly that the Zen is better to him than the Alpha 1. That is even more telling that he paid a lot of money to get the Alpha 1 vs the Zen review unit. As they say, where there is smoke there is fire. So I would consider his impressions when making your decision. I do however think that you wont be disappointed by the Zens, just make sure you have something nice to drive it with! Needs a lot of juice to shine.

May 18, 2015 at 8:47 PM Post #563 of 3,324

@zhibli06 (Lee) is the head of the VE and he's can be reached on here easily enough. AE itself isn't the problem but how some sellers can be. He's legit and on the up and up. If you are worried about transaction safety, there are a few in this thread alone who has purchased thru AE and had no trouble getting the products.

He's pretty nice and approachable so you can always reach out to him if you have any questions about anything including shipping options and any concerns about AE :) 

I haven't heard the Alpha 1 but I am always in contact with Mochill and he's always told me pretty adamantly that the Zen is better to him than the Alpha 1. That is even more telling that he paid a lot of money to get the Alpha 1 vs the Zen review unit. As they say, where there is smoke there is fire. So I would consider his impressions when making your decision. I do however think that you wont be disappointed by the Zens, just make sure you have something nice to drive it with! Needs a lot of juice to shine.

Yea I know Lee is the head of the VE but does he has his own website to sell the VE Zen? Or AE is the only place I can order the Zen right now?

Also, i only see a few ppl bought the Zen , if it's so good why not alot of ppl jumping on the wagon? Im not bashing the Zen or anything, Im just curious.

May 18, 2015 at 8:51 PM Post #564 of 3,324
  Yea I know Lee is the head of the VE but does he has his own website to sell the VE Zen? Or AE is the only place I can order the Zen right now?

Also, i only see a few ppl bought the Zen , if it's so good why not alot of ppl jumping on the wagon? Im not bashing the Zen or anything, Im just curious.

Earbuds aren't as popular and it is a relatively new brand. Only reason I haven't bought one is because I am waiting for the Zen specific amp to come out :)  I have had a tour unit for last 10 days and I will put my money where my mouth is and say that I am going to buy myself a unit! 

And don't worry, you're always free to ask questions. Most people look down on earbuds compared to iems (I was one of those people before hearing the zens) and so it will be hard to get traction but the earbuds lovers on this site are definitely taking notice. 

Edit: Oops forgot to mention that they have a website under construction. AE is the only place to get it as it stands. 

May 18, 2015 at 8:55 PM Post #565 of 3,324

Earbuds aren't as popular and it is a relatively new brand. Only reason I haven't bought one is because I am waiting for the Zen specific amp to come out :)  I have had a tour unit for last 10 days and I will put my money where my mouth is and say that I am going to buy myself a unit! 

And don't worry, you're always free to ask questions. Most people look down on earbuds compared to iems (I was one of those people before hearing the zens) and so it will be hard to get traction but the earbuds lovers on this site are definitely taking notice. 

Edit: Oops forgot to mention that they have a website under construction. AE is the only place to get it as it stands. 

Hey man thx for your nice inputs and thoughts.  But can you tell me why ppl like IEMs (including yourself before u hear the Zen) more than earbuds? thx.

May 18, 2015 at 9:01 PM Post #567 of 3,324
  Hey man thx for your nice inputs and thoughts.  But can you tell me why ppl like IEMs (including yourself before u hear the Zen) more than earbuds? thx.

No worries! Please feel free to post any questions you may have, we are a friendly bunch around here :)

The thing with earbuds is that they don't insert directly insert into the ear canals like iems. As a result they can be a bothersome fit for some people and they don't isolate as well as iems as a result.

However because of the way earbuds are worn, they seem to have a nice airy soundstage and that to me makes my music more enjoyable. I find the earbuds to be comfortable and its easy to take them off repeatedly when you have to talk to people. They isolate enough for me and leave just enough awareness that I can hear people calling for me etc. That to me is very important.

Its nice to not have to keep jamming something in my ears and not feel cut off from the world. For Zen specific things, they sound detailed and balanced with a soundstage that goes toe to toe  with my Sony XBA Z5 which has better soundstage than most iems I have heard. Again its not exactly the same but its close enough, and considering the price difference, I would say the Zen gives a better bang for your buck

May 18, 2015 at 9:15 PM Post #568 of 3,324

No worries! Please feel free to post any questions you may have, we are a friend bunch around here :)

The thing with earbuds is that they don't insert directly insert into the ear canals like iems. As a result they can be a bothersome fit for some people and they don't isolate as well as iems as a result.

However because of the way earbuds are worn, they seem to have a nice airy soundstage and that to me makes my music more enjoyable. I find the earbuds to be comfortable and its easy to take them off repeatedly when you have to talk to people. They isolate enough for me and leave just awareness that I can hear people calling for me etc. That to me is very important.

Its nice to not have to keep jamming something in my ears and not feel cut off from the world. For Zen specific things, they sound detailed and balanced with a soundstage that goes toe to toe  with my Sony XBA Z5 which has better soundstage than most iems I have heard. Again its not exactly the same but its close enough, and considering the price difference, I would say the Zen gives a better bang for your buck

Yea I dont like IEM cause of how they isolate the sound from outside.  It just makes me feel throw up and can't breathe.  So none of the IEMs and Earbuds have an inline-microphone like the RHA T10i does? Is RHA the only company that has inline microphone? thx.  Like the Dunu they dont have inline micrphone at all right?

Also, I just ordered the VE Zen from AliExpress.  Not sure when they gonna shipt it but yea I did it.  Hopefully it won't disappointed me

May 18, 2015 at 9:27 PM Post #569 of 3,324
  Yea I dont like IEM cause of how they isolate the sound from outside.  It just makes me feel throw up and can't breathe.  So none of the IEMs and Earbuds have an inline-microphone like the RHA T10i does? Is RHA the only company that has inline microphone? thx.  Like the Dunu they dont have inline micrphone at all right?

Also, I just ordered the VE Zen from AliExpress.  Not sure when they gonna shipt it but yea I did it.  Hopefully it won't disappointed me

Yeah the pressure can build up and cause discomfort. No I think lots of companies have remotes. And if they don't, they sell cables with inline remotes with for removable cable models.

And congrats on your purchase. Hope you enjoy it! Definitely post your impressions on here. What are you planning to power them with?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back