VE - A New and Impressive Earbuds Brand
May 22, 2015 at 4:52 AM Post #604 of 3,324
  Does anyone know if the Minibox-ES amp can drive the VE Zens? 

Hey , sorry about this late reply, I am actually away in my in laws for my personal holiday.

From the tech data it provided , this should be enough to give Zen a decent go.

But as I have never used this amp myself , nor has anybody I know. I can not really vouch for the result.

one reasonable way to find out more on this issue will be reading about it more to see how people think about them when paired with high-z cans like hd600 650 , dt990 dt880 and such. 

if it can give those big boys a decent go, Zen should be fine as well.

Sorry that I can 't be more helpful on this topic.

Cheers

Lee

May 24, 2015 at 6:36 AM Post #609 of 3,324
I've been invited to tour some of these little gems over here in Australia. 

Now, to figure out how I can drive a 320ohm earbud with almost no amps here currently.

JDS C421 probably could have done this being the monster amp it is, sadly its no longer with me.

Leaves me Tralucents Dac/Amp One in high gain. Maybe possible......

May 24, 2015 at 7:27 AM Post #612 of 3,324
  I've been invited to tour some of these little gems over here in Australia. 

Now, to figure out how I can drive a 320ohm earbud with almost no amps here currently.

JDS C421 probably could have done this being the monster amp it is, sadly its no longer with me.

Leaves me Tralucents Dac/Amp One in high gain. Maybe possible......

I do not know about this dac/amp, but still interested to know how it turned out.

Cheers 

Lee

May 24, 2015 at 7:44 AM Post #614 of 3,324

I do not know about this dac/amp, but still interested to know how it turned out.

Cheers 

Lee

Here you go: http://www.head-fi.org/t/717540/tralucent-dacamp-one-introduction-impressions-thread =)

"Popping the DacAmp into 'high gain' I'm able to drive higher impedance headphones such as the 300ohm HD600 and 250ohm Beyer DT880 without even kicking a fuss, Granted, I may need to pump the volume pot to about half way but the main concern here is driving power and how much authority the amp supports these headphones with. I can say it passes in flying colours with tight bass and no stage compression often found with underpowered headphones."

wow, according to this , you are in good heands

Cheers 

Lee

May 24, 2015 at 7:46 AM Post #615 of 3,324

"Popping the DacAmp into 'high gain' I'm able to drive higher impedance headphones such as the 300ohm HD600 and 250ohm Beyer DT880 without even kicking a fuss, Granted, I may need to pump the volume pot to about half way but the main concern here is driving power and how much authority the amp supports these headphones with. I can say it passes in flying colours with tight bass and no stage compression often found with underpowered headphones."

wow, according to this , you are in good heands

Cheers 

Lee

Indeed, we should be fine. 
cool.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back