VE - A New and Impressive Earbuds Brand
May 26, 2015 at 2:56 PM Post #631 of 3,324

You people better be right about these Zens or I'm coming for you
regular_smile .gif

May 26, 2015 at 8:02 PM Post #632 of 3,324
Alright, thanks everyone for your answers !
It's ordered, so like Father Schu said, it has to be good  ! 
wink_face.gif

Also, what are the yuin-look-alike buds included as a gift ? Do they share the same internal as the beta-asura in a different body ?

May 27, 2015 at 7:42 AM Post #634 of 3,324
  Alright, thanks everyone for your answers !
It's ordered, so like Father Schu said, it has to be good  ! 
wink_face.gif

Also, what are the yuin-look-alike buds included as a gift ? Do they share the same internal as the beta-asura in a different body ?

I'm also curious about this.

Does anyone know how the VE Zen compares to the Blox BE7?

May 28, 2015 at 6:15 PM Post #637 of 3,324
Have been on the road almost the past two weeks. Not home yet. 

Someone asked about the Breeze Audio E16. I actually am running one myself.  Picked up three of them.  Another is going to my son. 

My comments on the E16. 

1. Bargain for the $$ in my opinion. 

2. Plug and play for my Windows 8 laptop and my Samsung Note 3 phone. Initially it made my Windows 8 stutter a bit in the mouse.  But I think Win 8 updated something and it now works perfectly.  

3. I'm not sure how long  battery run but I ran it once for 10 hours and it was still going strong. 

2. Warm sounding.  It has the BEST synergy of the three portable Dacs I have with the Creative Aurvana Air earbud.  (the one with the built in wire clip.)  The three Dacs are: Geekout 450, Dragonfly and E16.  Why?E16 added the right amount of warmth.   Really transformed the E16. 

With the Zen however, I feel that the Geekout 450 gave me more detail and air.  It is less warm but the Zen is already a warm ear phone to me.   But of course, Geekout cost three times as much and does not work with my Android phone. 

ULUL 

May 28, 2015 at 6:20 PM Post #638 of 3,324
  Have been on the road almost the past two weeks. Not home yet. 

Someone asked about the Breeze Audio E16. I actually am running one myself.  Picked up three of them.  Another went going to my son.  My other son was supposed to get the 3rd but he thought it was too large so he is using the Dragonfly though the E16 works better for his iem. 

My comments on the E16. 

1. Bargain for the $$ in my opinion. 

2. Plug and play for my Windows 8 laptop and my Samsung Note 3 phone. Initially it made my Windows 8 stutter a bit in the mouse.  But I think Win 8 updated something and it now works perfectly.   It is my only portable dac/amp that works with the Note 3 phone. 

3. I'm not sure how long  battery run but I ran it once for 10 hours and it was still going strong. 

2. Warm sounding.  It has the BEST synergy of the three portable Dacs I have with the Creative Aurvana Air earbud.  (the one with the built in wire clip.)  The three Dacs are: Geekout 450, Dragonfly and E16.  Why?E16 added the right amount of warmth.   Really transformed the E16. 

With the Zen however, I feel that the Geekout 450 gave me more detail and air.  It is less warm but the Zen is already a warm ear phone to me.   But of course, Geekout cost three times as much and does not work with my Android phone. 

ULUL 

May 28, 2015 at 10:30 PM Post #641 of 3,324
I just got mine as well.  Not bad shipping time as well (<9 days) but still expensive for the standard shipping.  I live in Canada and when I order from China, it usually takes 4-6 weeks for the goods to arrive.

I'm running Zens through the HIFIMEDIY DAC and Minibox-ES amp.  The headphones are currently being burned-in in my office. I can't wait to go to work tomorrow to listen to them again!

I've been using Yuin PK1 with the Minibox-es amp (OPA627) for 4 years at work.  The combo is still good and when I first tried them I never thought there'll be anything that can sound better (for my budget) so I took a break from my audiophile hobby. 

Now I'm back and trying to catch up.  I missed my boat with the Blox TM7 and the MX980s.  The current flagship for Blox is the BE7 but I can't find much info on it.  All I found is that the sound is tuned differently from the TM7.  And I can't any MX980/985 within my price range.  They are so expensive now! After some digging around, I found the VE Zen. I'm glad I took the risk and placed an order. 

Oh boy.  They are fun! It was the update I was looking for to replace my beast PK1s.  The Zen is lush and full of warmth.  Highs are good.  Mids matches my Pk1s.  Only two drawbacks so far: 1) I prefer the vocals on my PK1s. 2) there may not be any synergy between my amp and the Zens. 

Digging through this thread, it's funny how the trolls are saying negative things about the Zen when they haven't even tried them.  Those opinions can be ignored 100%.  Nonsense.

I spoke with Lee a few times through email.  Cool guy.

May 28, 2015 at 11:57 PM Post #645 of 3,324
Is there an amp that you guys would recommend with the VE Zen?

I am currently using a Fiio Andes E07K.

I also own the Yuin PK3 and briefly compared them and I'm thinking, "Wow, this does not sound like a 90 dollar difference to me." in a bad way.

I have burned them in for maybe 10 hours. I also have a bit of issue with rattling with both earpieces.

Though I can fix this by taping the wire around where the wire comes out of the earpieces, it is a bit annoying for a quite pricey earbud.

I was thinking maybe the E17K or getting the E09K (which I'm leaning a bit more towards).

Any suggestions on an amp?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back