V-MODA VAMP VERZA/METALLO: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, Crowdsourcing Ideas
Mar 14, 2013 at 7:33 AM Post #91 of 1,343
Either way, once we factor in duty, etc, this is far too expensive for me to even consider.
Especially since I would never be using the iOS functionality, so certainly don't want to be helping Apple out by paying for part of the licence.

Mar 14, 2013 at 8:54 AM Post #97 of 1,343
Would be nice to have a case that you can still use when you switch phones. This package becomes obsolete when the iPhone 6 hits. And considering it's an Apple product, which is when? Next week? :) Longevity man! We're a throw-away, disposable culture already. Fight the tide. :) 

Mar 14, 2013 at 9:49 AM Post #100 of 1,343
So according to the advertisement, the VERZA has :-

- 2xDACs (Burr Brown & AKM) whilst to the best of my knowledge the Go-DAP X has only 1 (AKM). It's got to have a different circuit board to be able to do such a thing. [EDIT: WRONG!!]
- The power output is also almost double of the X as you mentioned
- 6 layer PCB whereas the Go-DAP X has less. The number of layers the X has is the speculative part. If memory serves me correctly, it's 2 but I need to double-check on that.

I was incorrect about the X having only 1xDAC. As I found out tonight, the X has 2xDACs too.

However the X having 2-layer PCB vs the Verza's 6-layer is confirmed.

There are a few other differences in board circuitry layout & components used between the two.

Edit: Original post fixed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back