Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › V-MODA VAMP VERZA/METALLO: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, Crowdsourcing Ideas
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

V-MODA VAMP VERZA/METALLO: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, Crowdsourcing Ideas - Page 2

post #16 of 1283

Can it be used with Astell and Kern DAP ... Am wondering how it can be connected 

post #17 of 1283
If you got the Classic covered in a future product -- cool! This will be quite a system -- great sound, output power, lots of storage, and still small.
post #18 of 1283
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swimsonny View Post


 

I use 3m dual lock personally, much more low profile and just as effective as bands.

 

This.

post #19 of 1283
Subbed
post #20 of 1283

Subscribed.

post #21 of 1283

Just saw this and I just want to be clear on one thing before even considering it... does it bypass the iphone 5's dac? It's not very clear, it just say that it's compatible with it.

post #22 of 1283
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie007 View Post

Just saw this and I just want to be clear on one thing before even considering it... does it bypass the iphone 5's dac? It's not very clear, it just say that it's compatible with it.

 

Yes.  Jude asked this in the Head-fi video.  

post #23 of 1283

Where is the Lightning adapter for Iphone 5?
 

post #24 of 1283

Do you think this could run the hd650?

post #25 of 1283

I love the idea of this, but spending $600-$700 on a accessory for a phone  that I will probably throw away and/or update in a few years is not a smart investment for me. 

Yeah, I know I can just rubber band it to a new device but that pretty much destroy one of it's main selling point.

Hopefully V-Moda comes out with a case for the ipod video/classic/touch.

post #26 of 1283
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoMee View Post

I love the idea of this, but spending $600-$700 on a accessory for a phone  that I will probably throw away and/or update in a few years is not a smart investment for me. 

Yeah, I know I can just rubber band it to a new device but that pretty much destroy one of it's main selling point.

Hopefully V-Moda comes out with a case for the ipod video/classic/touch.

 

That is the beauty of VAMP VERZA, it is a desktop amp, portable amp AND a phone amplifier. It crams both  USB Audio AND iOS compatibility into one device. And with the input from this forum, we will develop new VERZADOCK cases so you don't need a "rubber band".  From now own we can call it more appropriately in rock n roll terms a "band aid".

 

2 years = 730 days.


How much does a Starbucks coffee cost?  VAMP VERZA is less than a coffee for two years, yet I guarantee it'll give you way more satisfaction and vanity in the process to hold such a unique metal device.  Plus, with it's universal USB Audio compatibility you can use it for a lifetime.

 

In fact, over time it is cheap.  I compare it to in shoes what I have called CPW or cost per wear. If you can use it for business or run a lot with it - it is worth it!

 

-V


Edited by valkolton - 3/13/13 at 4:10pm
Reply
post #27 of 1283

Val,

Your customer service department is not aware of the special Verza pricing you are offering for current Vamp owners.  Any suggestions how to proceed?
 

post #28 of 1283

Congrats on your release.

It looks like a good product.

 

As expected though it is the Venturecraft Go-Dap X repackaged and retweaked , no surprises there...so why all the subterfuge?

I guess a product unveiling is good marketing practice.

 

Will this product be good for IEMs. It is well known the standard the Go-Dap X has a headphone output of 47ohms, although you can upon special request get that lowered (to a still high) 10ohms.

What is the headphone output impedance on the Verza?

SOLVED.

***V-MODA-  `Verza has 10 ohms headphone impedance output`******

 

Also i am wondering what DAC is it using, and what Op Amp?

 

So what are main differences between the Go-DapX and Verza? I can see the Verza has more power, what else?

 

Thank you for you time.


Edited by ExpatinJapan - 3/13/13 at 8:57pm
post #29 of 1283
Quote:
Originally Posted by valkolton View Post

That is the beauty of VAMP VERZA, it is a desktop amp, portable amp AND a phone amplifier. It crams both  USB Audio AND iOS compatibility into one device. And with the input from this forum, we will develop new VERZADOCK cases so you don't need a "rubber band".  From now own we can call it more appropriately in rock n roll terms a "band aid".

 

2 years = 730 days.


How much does a Starbucks coffee cost?  VAMP VERZA is less than a coffee for two years, yet I guarantee it'll give you way more satisfaction and vanity in the process to hold such a unique metal device.  Plus, with it's universal USB Audio compatibility you can use it for a lifetime.

 

In fact, over time it is cheap.  I compare it to in shoes what I have called CPW or cost per wear. If you can use it for business or run a lot with it - it is worth it!

 

-V

Well, if you put it that way of course it'll be cheaper. For example the VERZA is cheaper than one month mortgage for me, or it's cheaper than 6 months of my phone bill and will probably give me more satisfaction. But if I was to buy it, it'll just be a $600 amp I rubber band to my device (since I don't have an iPhone or Galaxy S3 and my Lyr is set to arrive soon) and that's something I already have.

 

I do hope you consider making more cases for different device. I would love a case for my iPod Touch 4, that'll be a combo I can enjoy for years and I wouldn't mind paying the asking price too.

 

Please don't take this as me being negative, is just a constructive criticism.  I know you said something about the iPod classic so I'm eagerly waiting for more details on that.


Edited by RoMee - 3/13/13 at 5:52pm
post #30 of 1283
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExpatinJapan View Post

Congrats on your release.

It looks like a good product.

 

As expected though it is the Venturecraft Go-Dap X repackaged and retweaked , no surprises there...so why all the subterfuge?

I guess a product unveiling is good marketing practice.

 

Will this product be good for IEMs. It is well known the standard the Go-Dap X has a headphone output of 47ohms, although you can upon special request get that lowered (to a still high) 10ohms.

What is the headphone output impedance on the Verza?

 

Also i am wondering what DAC is it using, and what Op Amp?

 

So what are main differences between the Go-DapX and Verza? I can see the Verza has more power, what else?

 

Thank you for you time.

 

So according to the advertisement, the VERZA has :-

 

- 2xDACs (Burr Brown & AKM) whilst to the best of my knowledge the Go-DAP X has only 1 (AKM). It's got to have a different circuit board to be able to do such a thing. I WAS WRONG. THE GO-DAP X HAS 2xDACS TOO

- The power output is also almost double of the X as you mentioned

- 6 layer PCB whereas the Go-DAP X has less. The number of layers the X has is the speculative part. If memory serves me correctly, it's 2 but I need to double-check on that. [Edit: This is confirmed]

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › V-MODA VAMP VERZA/METALLO: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, Crowdsourcing Ideas