V-MODA VAMP VERZA/METALLO: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, Crowdsourcing Ideas
Mar 14, 2013 at 11:39 AM Post #106 of 1,343
MFI is not adding hundreds of dollars to the price.  So everyone that thinks this would be half as expensive without i-device compatibility can rest easy.  That is not the reason it is $600.  You are probably looking at $30, on the high side for a license fee.  This, of course, does not include R&D but it certainly isn't going to cost $300.    

Mar 14, 2013 at 11:43 AM Post #107 of 1,343
I really love the fact that the VAMP VERZA is made in Japan and not in China where labor laws rarely apply and questionable parts sourcing is rampant. 

Of course having it made in China would mean you could probably sell it for $100 unless you wanted to be a ****** like Apple.
deadhorse.gif

OK, I feel like I'm going to get flamed.  My apologies in advance.

*as a disclaimer I am Chinese and I do own Apple stock and Apple products
tongue_smile.gif

Mar 14, 2013 at 11:53 AM Post #110 of 1,343
Quote:
I really love the fact that the VAMP VERZA is made in Japan and not in China where labor laws rarely apply and questionable parts sourcing is rampant. 

Of course having it made in China would mean you could probably sell it for $100 unless you wanted to be a ****** like Apple.
deadhorse.gif

OK, I feel like I'm going to get flamed.  My apologies in advance.

*as a disclaimer I am Chinese and I do own Apple stock and Apple products
tongue_smile.gif

Making it in China would probably mean $100 LESS, but it is not as cheap as everyone thinks if you are making a quality product.  It is very expensive for Apple to manufacture in China with all of their QC standards and labor controls.  Why do you think they are experimenting with other countries?  Once you figure in the additional logistics charges, the "China savings" gets washed out pretty fast.  

Now, you can manufacture VERY inexpensively in China as long as you aren't picky about QC and overall quality.  But in the premium CE business that isn't really an option.  

Mar 14, 2013 at 12:05 PM Post #112 of 1,343
price is damnn high.

Mar 14, 2013 at 12:53 PM Post #114 of 1,343
For everyone complaining about the price being too high, consider that this isn't a mass-produced consumer grade product molded out of plastic and dumped into retail stores across the country. This is a niche passion-product built by a guy who clearly loves audio innovation and the fact that something like this, a beautiful, portable DAC/Amp that is compatible across multiple platforms and can be customized to fit several of the top selling smartphones even exists is incredible in itself. Based on aesthetics and functionality alone I would guess the price to be around $500. $700 with a custom Metallo case isn't unreasonable. Yes, it's pricey, but that's the nature of nice things.

A Sennheiser Orpheus goes for around $30,000, and the HD800 is $1500. Do you think there is a $28,500 sound difference between the two? How about between a Lamborghini and a Corvette? Is the $150,000 price difference really related to performance, or is there something else you're paying for? Italian design, guys. Sexy Italian design. I, for one, eagerly await the day my funds allow me membership into the VERZA club.

Mar 14, 2013 at 1:17 PM Post #115 of 1,343
Team, it still includes rubber bands for the iPod classic AND it includes the cable for it too!!!  THIS IS VERZA, AFTER ALL.  I've thought of everything, I cannot come out with everything YET.  But we have that feature covered and even have a special surprise product for iPod Classic users coming soon...

Make a metallo case for the iPod classic and I'm in. Can it compete with my HP-P1? Will it have the power to drive T1's or an HE 6?

Mar 14, 2013 at 1:37 PM Post #118 of 1,343
For everyone complaining about the price being too high, consider that this isn't a mass-produced consumer grade product molded out of plastic and dumped into retail stores across the country. This is a niche passion-product built by a guy who clearly loves audio innovation and the fact that something like this, a beautiful, portable DAC/Amp that is compatible across multiple platforms and can be customized to fit several of the top selling smartphones even exists is incredible in itself. Based on aesthetics and functionality alone I would guess the price to be around $500. $700 with a custom Metallo case isn't unreasonable. Yes, it's pricey, but that's the nature of nice things.

A Sennheiser Orpheus goes for around $30,000, and the HD800 is $1500. Do you think there is a $28,500 sound difference between the two? How about between a Lamborghini and a Corvette? Is the $150,000 price difference really related to performance, or is there something else you're paying for? Italian design, guys. Sexy Italian design. I, for one, eagerly await the day my funds allow me membership into the VERZA club.

X2

Mar 14, 2013 at 1:39 PM Post #119 of 1,343
Just to re-iterate what Craigster75 said...
Quote:
Where is the Lightning adapter for Iphone 5?

I have an iPhone 5, and support for it is quite a big issue to side-step in the press release documentation.

Every apple iDevice is lightning from now on , will we get support or should i just stick to the lightning adapter->LOD->Fiio solution ?  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back