V-MODA VAMP: DEVELOPMENT/REVIEWS/PICS/ETC
Feb 2, 2013 at 5:21 PM Post #633 of 710
Quote:

Touche.  I guess I haven't been staying up to date on the new portables.

I forgot the Sony PHA-1
tongue.gif

Feb 7, 2013 at 12:46 AM Post #634 of 710
After using the vamp some more I now notice that the vamp charges my iPhone in both settings.
I have installed the software update that apple made and I can't say if the vamp charged the iPhone in both settings before that.
However I think it did....

Maybe I should contact v moda and ask for a new vamp, living in Norway I can't say I would like to import a new one.....

Feb 7, 2013 at 1:22 AM Post #635 of 710
After using the vamp some more I now notice that the vamp charges my iPhone in both settings.
I have installed the software update that apple made and I can't say if the vamp charged the iPhone in both settings before that.
However I think it did....

Maybe I should contact v moda and ask for a new vamp, living in Norway I can't say I would like to import a new one.....

Send it back to V-moda for firmware upgrade. Old VAmp firmware version charges regardless of setting with iOS 6.x.

Feb 10, 2013 at 12:21 PM Post #636 of 710
Any words on the Verza yet? Also, will Val and V-MODA keep their promise about the special offer for previous VAMP owners like us? We don't want to be left out...

Feb 10, 2013 at 12:43 PM Post #638 of 710
Quote:
Any words on the Verza yet? Also, will Val and V-MODA keep their promise about the special offer for previous VAMP owners like us? We don't want to be left out...

These are two key unanswered questions.  I am experiencing deja vu with the Verza launch from my experience with the M-100 launch.  I suppose there are legitimate reasons for the delays, but the last we heard Verza was coming out around the holidays.  There are now many more choices- Centrance M8, Sony,  FiiO E12, upcoming JDS C5 (CEO has provided launch info) all at a variety of different price points, features and portability.  IMO, Vamp was underpowered for the price, so I hope Verza is beefed up.  I am very pleased with the SQ of Vamp overall, so my interest level is high on Verza as long as promised special pricing is offered for Vamp owners who deserve to be reward for their loyalty and leap of faith, plus it's good business.

Feb 10, 2013 at 4:36 PM Post #639 of 710
Quote:
These are two key unanswered questions.  I am experiencing deja vu with the Verza launch from my experience with the M-100 launch.  I suppose there are legitimate reasons for the delays, but the last we heard Verza was coming out around the holidays.  There are now many more choices- Centrance M8, Sony,  FiiO E12, upcoming JDS C5 (CEO has provided launch info) all at a variety of different price points, features and portability.  IMO, Vamp was underpowered for the price, so I hope Verza is beefed up.  I am very pleased with the SQ of Vamp overall, so my interest level is high on Verza as long as promised special pricing is offered for Vamp owners who deserve to be reward for their loyalty and leap of faith, plus it's good business.

Such is the life of most consumer electronics.  It is the negative side of being made aware of products that are in the design pipeline.  There are almost always delays, just the nature of the business.  

Feb 13, 2013 at 4:56 AM Post #640 of 710
[COLOR=6666CC]Quote:[/COLOR]
[COLOR=6666CC]Originally Posted by our martin[/COLOR]

[COLOR=6666CC]If it was me and i brought the vamp out and the iphone 5 is a bit bigger and won't fit in the case, i would just do my own music player..Even if v-moda brought something out to go with their earbuds for the gym,it would put them in peoples homes like apple and sanza![/COLOR]

VAL KOLTON
Exactly, I use my VAMP+iPhone 4S as my Audio/App device and currently use my Nokia 900 as my main phone.

VAMP UPGRADE PROGRAM

VAMP VERZA (the next version) will function like a VAMP, but it will be made for multiple devices. WE WILL offer a very compelling upgrade program for VAMP owners who want VAMP VERZA once it is released. But, VAMP + iPhone 4S are a "locked in" killer combo that for audio and production should be a STABLE part of any "pure setup' or for mastering tracks.  You see for music production, the less change the better and we have an amazing "pure base" as it is today.

So have no fear, V-MODA will take care of you as always with our "SIX STAR" concierge and VAMP as it is today will live on for a LONG TIME.  We believe Apple will continue to sell 4S.  Buy it now if you are on the fence, you won't regret it. 

VAMP VERZA
VAMP VERZA is scheduled to come out by end of 2012.  It will work with all devices, but it does give up some of VAMP'S features to be able to handle various phones and tablets/computers. It is universal after all...  

Therefore, we feel VAMP 1 is nearly perfect for iPhone 4/4S and you'll love it forever if that is your primary listening or app/source/DJ/home/production device.  VAMP VERZA is an equally lovable device but made for many use cases.

So have no fear, if you plan on using 4/4S or upgrading to a new phone you can buy VAMP today, use it and I think you'll fall in love. We'll extend V-MODA.com's satisfaction guaranteed to 100-days on VAMP to prove it.  

MY FUTURE GEAR
I'll continue to keep and use my iPhone 4S with VAMP and M-100 as my PRIMARY AUDIO/APP DEVICE AND CHARGER even after iPhone 5 is released (who knows when).  I will use a Galaxy S3, iPad, Kindle Fire, Macbook Air/Pro and Nokia 900 with Vamp Verza.

VAMP UPGRADE PROGRAM DETAILS
We are working on the details, right now it is going to be $350 credit if bought in USA and if within 100 days we'll offer full credit on V-MODA.com. The VAMP VERZA will cost $500 (but it does not include cases for different devices, TBD.

-V

The Price! I was hyped for the VERZA, then I saw the price and then went back looking at my two pairs of custom LP2s, my Fiio E17, and my iPod Touch 5g 64GB and thought: I could of bought the VERZA.

If the VERZA was $100-$250, and it lived up to the V-MODA quality, which it will live up to, as it always does, I would snap one up like an alligator. :wink:

Feb 13, 2013 at 1:49 PM Post #641 of 710
Quote:
The Price! I was hyped for the VERZA, then I saw the price and then went back looking at my two pairs of custom LP2s, my Fiio E17, and my iPod Touch 5g 64GB and thought: I could of bought the VERZA.

If the VERZA was $100-$250, and it lived up to the V-MODA quality, which it will live up to, as it always does, I would snap one up like an alligator.
wink.gif

Thank you for digging up the upgrade promise.  We will see what "compelling" means and if the upgrade from Vamp would be $100 to $250.  I agree if it is more than that I will stick with Vamp.

Feb 14, 2013 at 1:48 AM Post #642 of 710

If the VERZA was $100-$250, and it lived up to the V-MODA quality, which it will live up to, as it always does, I would snap one up like an alligator. :wink:

Thank you for digging up the upgrade promise.  We will see what "compelling" means and if the upgrade from Vamp would be $100 to $250.  I agree if it is more than that I will stick with Vamp.

I was suggesting the actual price of the VERZA; not the upgrade promise. You may of quoted the wrong post.

Feb 14, 2013 at 8:06 AM Post #643 of 710
Quote:
I was suggesting the actual price of the VERZA; not the upgrade promise. You may of quoted the wrong post.

Respectfully, I think that is a completely unrealistic expectation and it will probably retail for over $500 which is in line with others that have built-in DAC with Apple compatibility.  However, there are plenty of portable amp-only options in that price range.

Feb 15, 2013 at 5:02 AM Post #644 of 710

Respectfully, I think that is a completely unrealistic expectation and it will probably retail for over $500 which is in line with others that have built-in DAC with Apple compatibility.  However, there are plenty of portable amp-only options in that price range.

Not many with lightning cable DAC. You need apple licensing to get the authentication chips to make the lightning cable, else it won't work.

Feb 15, 2013 at 7:57 PM Post #645 of 710
I have been researching and considering all of the pros and cons of the new amp releases. Verza looks like it wins vs. other Apple compatible amp/DAC combos regarding portability and even price, especially when factoring in the Vamp upgrade.  Bass boost is another positive.  Looks are great.  The big question mark for me is power.  A $500 portable amp should have more than "enough" power to reach good listening levels with low impedance headphones.  I prefer to not strain my amp near full volume when I am in the mood for high volume listening and hope Verza comes in at least 250 mw/channel when it is released.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back