V-MODA VAMP: DEVELOPMENT/REVIEWS/PICS/ETC
Dec 6, 2012 at 10:49 PM Post #526 of 710
I was asking for the same loyalty discount on the Verza also, finger crossed.

Dec 8, 2012 at 4:35 AM Post #527 of 710

L3000.gif
beerchug.gif

Dec 10, 2012 at 11:20 PM Post #528 of 710
Quote:
Quote:

VAMP VERZA     THE NAME OF THE NEW V-MODA AMPLIFIERS???????

Nice found, and here is my rough translation of the 4 bullet points:
  • unified design: DAC decode plus amp plus backup battery.
  • high quality audio: enthusiast level AKM DAC, support uncompressed file format (FLAC?)
  • low loss: Burr-Brown Op-amp, with 6 layer circuit board
  • high efficiency: 150mW enough to drive any headphones
And yes, the line before the bullets mean it is the world first DAC that supports ALL platforms (USB, Win PC, iOS, and Android.)  This will looks like to be another buy for me, can't wait.

BTW, I finally got my RMA from V-moda and my VAMP is going back for a firmware update.

I wonder if this is what it looks like:

I got this straight from the 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (which strangely isn't on the front page of Head-Fi yet).

Dec 11, 2012 at 6:23 PM Post #530 of 710
Quote:
Yup, I called it........But it was fairly predictable it would be the go-dap x or dd repackaged.

The big question is what is the cost of a "V-Modafied" Go-Dap X?

My main reason for having no interest in Vamp was the exclusivity with Iphone 4.  Since the Go-Dap X is universal and, therefore more futureproofed, my interest level is much higher, especially since I own an M-100 and they should go together like sushi and rice.

Dec 11, 2012 at 7:43 PM Post #531 of 710
Quote:
Yup, I called it........But it was fairly predictable it would be the go-dap x or dd repackaged.

Not really, if you look at the spec for the VAMP, then you can tell it is not a repackage but a redesign upgrade.  I think V-moda will do the same to the Go-Dap X and make it even better.

Dec 11, 2012 at 10:42 PM Post #532 of 710
Close enough. Of course i assumed it goes without saying that as the vamp was redesigned slightly thst this model would be also.....Myy repackaging also included the obvious slight redesign as before.

Dec 12, 2012 at 5:14 AM Post #533 of 710
If you look closely to the spec. for the VAMP vs. the original Go-Dap Unit 4.0, you will notice that V-moda double the power and increased the battery.  Of course I have no idea what the MSRP for the Go-Dap Unit 4.0 was, so the mark up from V-moda may or may not be worth it to some people.

Dec 12, 2012 at 6:03 AM Post #534 of 710
If you look closely to the spec. for the VAMP vs. the original Go-Dap Unit 4.0, you will notice that V-moda double the power and increased the battery.  Of course I have no idea what the MSRP for the Go-Dap Unit 4.0 was, so the mark up from V-moda may or may not be worth it to some people.

Actually the VAmp and Go-DAP are much closer than different. Bear in mind that you're comparing the base Go-DAP 4.0 rather than including the upgrade options offered by VentureCraft. So you may wanna look into the history of the Go-DAP 4.0 and its the offered upgrades.

Quote:
Not really, if you look at the spec for the VAMP, then you can tell it is not a repackage but a redesign upgrade.  I think V-moda will do the same to the Go-Dap X and make it even better.

I wouldn't say "better" but "different customisation".

Dec 12, 2012 at 6:19 AM Post #535 of 710
Thanks for the info.  I went to their site multiple times and never realized they have multiple versions of the Unit 4.0, plus they have it in WHITE!!  I know I can get better warranty from V-moda, but it still piss me off that they have it in white... too late now.

Dec 12, 2012 at 5:52 PM Post #536 of 710
$450 on amazon, not sure if it's a big deal but it's a good price: http://www.amazon.com/V-MODA-VAMP-Headphone-Amplifier-Battery/dp/B008801ZFS

Dec 12, 2012 at 10:11 PM Post #537 of 710
Yeah I am pissed on the price too, as I did paid $600 for it on Amazon than they just drop the price like the day after.

Dec 13, 2012 at 4:15 AM Post #538 of 710
The new VERZA not only got different electronics but also with a different panel compare to the Unit 4.0 product.

The main difference on electronics as below:

1)  VERZA got 150mW output, which doubles the power to drive most demanding headphones

2)  VERZA got 6-layer PCB, which is 3 times of GODAP-X, for blocking the interferances.

There are more differences but above are most remarkable.

Dec 13, 2012 at 4:26 AM Post #539 of 710
Quote:
The new VERZA not only got different electronics but also with a different panel compare to the Unit 4.0 product.

The main difference on electronics as below:

1)  VERZA got 150mW output, which doubles the power to drive most demanding headphones

2)  VERZA got 6-layer PCB, which is 3 times of GODAP-X, for blocking the interferances.

There are more differences but above are most remarkable.

Thanks G. I've gotta get my hands on the Verza to hear the diff from the Go-DAP X (aside from the OpAmp differences, wonder if the PCB layering makes a diff or not).

Dec 13, 2012 at 8:52 AM Post #540 of 710
Quote:
Actually, from talking with Eric, I do not believe a new device would solve my problem. It sounds like this is not a bug with my Vamp, but rather a problem with iOS 6.
Unless the people in Asia come up with another firmware upgrade, I think I'm stuck with this problem forever. That's why I'm looking for suggestions on how to solve the problem at the output side of things. If I could just reduce the volume by about six db everything would be fine. The volume step would then be well below the audible range that I use.

I was having the same problem with the charging issue, and Erik fixed mine for me as well.  I do not have the same volume issue as you--neither before nor after the firmware update and iOS 6.  So it is not related to iOS 6.  I've tried it with V-MODA M-80s, B&W P5s, as well as my Audéo in-ears, and none exhibit your problem.  This leads me to believe that perhaps the issue is with your phone.  Have you tried testing it's audio straight from the iPhone's headphone output?  If possible, you would also want to test the audio output of the dock connector to ensure that it is not an issue with that.  If everything is normal that way, I would tend to believe that it is some other problem with the VAMP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back