V-MODA VAMP: DEVELOPMENT/REVIEWS/PICS/ETC
May 10, 2012 at 5:44 AM Post #136 of 710
One issue is that there are lots of rumours that the next iphone will be both larger and that the 30 pin dock connector will be phased out, and with jobs gone anything is possible so if the Vamp is like a case that only fits the 4/4s then it might be obsolete before the year is over. But then again they are just rumours at this point.

May 10, 2012 at 5:45 AM Post #137 of 710
Val, if I were to use my M-80 with VAMP, will I still be able to utilize the mic and volume control/playback features of the M-80 cable?

May 10, 2012 at 11:18 AM Post #138 of 710
Quote:
PS - who uses a jailbroken iPhone here?  going to test tomorrow, not sure if it works w/30-pin hardware?

ME!  You got something for me?
biggrin.gif

May 10, 2012 at 3:43 PM Post #141 of 710
Interesting, any LA volunteer want to stop by office? It does authenticate, maybe it was the jailbroken version.  

May 11, 2012 at 12:07 AM Post #142 of 710
I tested my jail broken iPhone 4 at the L.A meet with your Vamp... it seemed to work.

If finals were not coming up, i could have maybe stopped by with my phone to test it out. Maybe next time.
Quote:
Interesting, any LA volunteer want to stop by office? It does authenticate, maybe it was the jailbroken version.  

May 12, 2012 at 12:24 PM Post #143 of 710
I don't think it works as the hardware doesn't detect input or seem to accept it. I tried with the M80 today accidentally until I realised that it does nothing when plugged into the audio out/headphone jack of the Vamp.
Quote:
Val, if I were to use my M-80 with VAMP, will I still be able to utilize the mic and volume control/playback features of the M-80 cable?

Checked this out at the Tokyo Headphone festival. Wonderful unit with perfect fit and finish for the iPhone. It is just about 2x the thickness of the iPhone, but loads more power from the headphone jack. I tested it with headphones that are new to me (M100), and left impressed and got loot: v-moda stickers and some press materials.

Am watching this space very keenly.

May 12, 2012 at 12:41 PM Post #144 of 710
Yep, we got a chance to test out the VAmp and the M100 today. The local regional project engineer joined for dinner too, and we had a good chat about the products.

May 12, 2012 at 8:55 PM Post #145 of 710
Could any of you who's been to the Tokyo Headphone festival show us some photos of VAMP? I've been dying to see the pics...

May 13, 2012 at 8:18 AM Post #148 of 710
BOOM... well, more official info to come soon!  I've been editing all the copy for product pages, shooting videos and press releases now that the manuals and packaging are in mass production.   Planning EPIC shoots (one lifestyle and one product) over the next two weeks and then we're ready to launch some new products!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back