V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Oct 22, 2012 at 9:18 AM Post #8,522 of 23,366
Oct 22, 2012 at 9:41 AM Post #8,524 of 23,366
Dude, give me a break. There's over 560 pages to this thread and I did read more than a few to find my answer, obviously without finding it. You simply could of answered (or not) I'm sure ill catch some flack for saying this but whatever. No hard feelings lol I appreciate anyone else who can answer my original questions...

Oct 22, 2012 at 9:59 AM Post #8,526 of 23,366
Quote:

While personal taste of how it should sound like varies quite a bit from person to person, the general consensus is that M100 is significantly better. The Momentum is said to have slightly muddy bass and a bit peaky treble and M100 being better balanced with much better bass response quality and while M100 is very slightly emphasized in the highs, provides no sibilance issues at all (at least for no1 so far).

In terms of bang-for-the-buck, the M100 seems to exceed its price point (you can add like +$100 to its pricetag for a more accurate subjective reflection of percieved sound quality, again varies a bit from person to person but general concensus seems to be it's exceeding its pricepoint) while Momentum is slightly underperforming compared to other good performers in the same price segment, I haven't seen any1 that is willing to part with his M100 so far while I've seen several people that will return their Momentum (especially Sennheiser Amperior/HD25 users).

Oct 22, 2012 at 9:59 AM Post #8,527 of 23,366
Quote:
Dude, give me a break. There's over 560 pages to this thread and I did read more than a few to find my answer, obviously without finding it. You simply could of answered (or not) I'm sure ill catch some flack for saying this but whatever. No hard feelings lol I appreciate anyone else who can answer my original questions...

I think that was a fairly respectable answer, considering what you were asking of him is a lot more than what he is asking of you, he gave you a link to another thread and asked you to search. You can't expect him to have memorised all 569 pages of this thread either.

Oct 22, 2012 at 10:36 AM Post #8,530 of 23,366
Finally! My M-100's were waiting for me when I got home tonight! My absolute first impression, these things are tiny! I can't believe it! Can't wait to hear them tomorrow. I tried them on quickly and my ears touch the drivers, hopefully i dont get any pain. New bigger pads may be for me! Midnight and sleep time now. If I can! Excited!

Oct 22, 2012 at 10:41 AM Post #8,531 of 23,366
Quote:
Thank you for the enlightening comparison.  The only think that confuses me is describing the MK2 highs as piercing since I recall them as a dark headphone.  However, I also remember them as having more impactful bass than the M-100.  If the M-100 has superior bass to the MK2, I have no reason to ever look for another headphone.

Trust me, the comparison surprised me too. I may have been a little too quick in the moment to say the MK2's have 'piercing highs,' it's just that the snare drum of all the songs I tested popped WAY harder than on the M-100, and not really in a good way.

And yeah, the M-100 beat the MK2's bass region in just about every aspect, which had me surprised, confused, dumbstruck, etc. I'll probably end up selling my MK2 at some point now.

Also, the M-100 of course beats it in build design and quality by another few miles too.

Oct 22, 2012 at 11:18 AM Post #8,532 of 23,366
So... listening to the M100s right now.
Initial super short impressions:

1) Not all that comfortable, but not really that bad either (even though I have one with the LP2 pads...)
2) Good Bass Slam... Mid-bass seems to be overly increased (not sure if on purpose... M80s were kind of like that too so, no surprise I guess).
3) Mids doesn't sound that recessed to me... but I think I'm used to it due to the Denon D5000s... in fact... well... let's leave this alone for the moment...
4) Listening to Jaytech w Melody Gough --> Gray Horizon (AWESOME song... one of my faves!) sounds good and engaging to me (as it should).
5) Listening to Pendulum ---> Witchcraft, something is off... not sure yet...
6) Listening to Roots --> Lighthouse... sounds surprisingly forward...
6) Listening to Jon Cleary and the Absolute Monster Gentleman --> When you Get Back... again, missing something...

This is all with sound output from the Laptop...

Will use the HiSound Studio V in a bit and see if those "missing" pieces come forward...

Regarding looks, the headphones are awesome. I got the white ones with gray ear pads, and they look lovely. The case is so Tiny!!! I got these side by side to my Ultrasone Signature Pros and the V-MODAs look bigger than the Sig Pros... it's a miracle they come in such a tiny package! lol

Anyway... I'll probably listen to these all through the week and maybe write a bit... (or wait for the MDR-1Rs to ship...)

Check.

Oct 22, 2012 at 11:51 AM Post #8,533 of 23,366
Quote:
1) Not all that comfortable, but not really that bad either (even though I have one with the LP2 pads...)

Regarding looks, the headphones are awesome. I got the white ones with gray ear pads, and they look lovely.

Why do you think you have lp2 pads?  The M-100 grey pads are in fact designed for the M-100.

Oct 22, 2012 at 11:54 AM Post #8,534 of 23,366
Quote:
So... listening to the M100s right now.
Initial super short impressions:

2) Good Bass Slam... Mid-bass seems to be overly increased (not sure if on purpose... M80s were kind of like that too so, no surprise I guess).
3) Mids doesn't sound that recessed to me... but I think I'm used to it due to the Denon D5000s... in fact... well... let's leave this alone for the moment...
4) Listening to Jaytech w Melody Gough --> Gray Horizon (AWESOME song... one of my faves!) sounds good and engaging to me (as it should).
5) Listening to Pendulum ---> Witchcraft, something is off... not sure yet...
6) Listening to Roots --> Lighthouse... sounds surprisingly forward...
6) Listening to Jon Cleary and the Absolute Monster Gentleman --> When you Get Back... again, missing something...

This is all with sound output from the Laptop...

Will use the HiSound Studio V in a bit and see if those "missing" pieces come forward...

Regarding looks, the headphones are awesome. I got the white ones with gray ear pads, and they look lovely. The case is so Tiny!!! I got these side by side to my Ultrasone Signature Pros and the V-MODAs look bigger than the Sig Pros... it's a miracle they come in such a tiny package! lol

Anyway... I'll probably listen to these all through the week and maybe write a bit... (or wait for the MDR-1Rs to ship...)

Check.

I think there is a bit of confusion about this. All the stock M-100s, whichever color scheme you got, has M-100 pads already installed on them out of the box. Some people got LP2 pads as an extra set because they choose pads that weren't from the original color schemes.. I asked for white pads and was expecting them to come preinstalled, but they were instead included on the side and while gray pads were installed on the headphone itself. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back