V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Sep 27, 2012 at 9:44 AM Post #6,783 of 23,366
Quote:
You could at least tell us if you're as blown away as you were the last time? :))

Now that wouldn't be fair :wink:. I did hear a prototype version and had no idea how long it had been burnt in prior to us Tokyo Head-fiers getting our grubby hands on it. I've just finished taking pix of these and will upload them (but thinking now that they are released to start a new thread as this one is 453 pages long!!). If I do I'll share the link here for sure.

Quote:
AnakChan, I'm really looking forward to your impressions of these! Especially against the M4U 2's. I just returned mine and hope these are what I'm after!

In time. For today, I'm hoping to just put up the unboxing and close up pix. They're currently going through a burn in and will leave that overnight. Although I am a believer of burn-in, at least for the last M-80 pair I owned most of the changes occurred within the first few hours and the rest of the hours the changes started to taper off. I'll write a review of them on their own and later a comparison.

Tomorrow, together with some other Tokyo Head-fiers, I'm popping by Sony's studio to look at their new headphones and amp too. So this is going to be rather interesting. Please bear in mind though (to preempt any potential compare and contrast questions) I haven't decided nor discussed with relevant parties if I can share the comparisons publicly at least until after the Sonys are released on the market. Who knows what kind of NDAs we may be bounded to. But when I've done some up-to-date listening to current prod headphones, I'm happy to share my opinions here.

Sep 27, 2012 at 9:56 AM Post #6,785 of 23,366
Quote:
In time. For today, I'm hoping to just put up the unboxing and close up pix. They're currently going through a burn in and will leave that overnight. Although I am a believer of burn-in, at least for the last M-80 pair I owned most of the changes occurred within the first few hours and the rest of the hours the changes started to taper off. I'll write a review of them on their own and later a comparison.

Tomorrow, together with some other Tokyo Head-fiers, I'm popping by Sony's studio to look at their new headphones and amp too. So this is going to be rather interesting. Please bear in mind though (to preempt any potential compare and contrast questions) I haven't decided nor discussed with relevant parties if I can share the comparisons publicly at least until after the Sonys are released on the market. Who knows what kind of NDAs we may be bounded to. But when I've done some up-to-date listening to current prod headphones, I'm happy to share my opinions here.

How come you get to hear so many unreleased headphones all the time, what a lucky person! You live in the right place it seems haha. I'd love to hear your thoughts on MDR-1R and even the new XB800/900 if that was available.

Sep 27, 2012 at 10:10 AM Post #6,786 of 23,366
Quote:
What's your burn-in playlist?

Err...I don't know. I basically loop through my entire 634 tracks of my DX100 which has anything from classical (Vivaldi), soundtracks (Top Gun, Footloose, Flashdance, TRON Legacy, Ennio Morricone composed soundtracks, etc), musicals (Sound of Music, Somewhere in TIme, My Fair Lady, Jesus Christ Superstar - Australian cast, Phantom of the Opera), Anne Murray, Boney M, Lionel Ritchie, Michael Jackson, Billy Joel, Pet Shop Boys, Journey, Black Eyed Peas, Lana Del Rey, a whole bunch of Bossa Nova and West Coast Jazz, Harry Belafonte, Hideki Matsutake & YMO.
Quote:

How come you get to hear so many unreleased headphones all the time, what a lucky person! You live in the right place it seems haha. I'd love to hear your thoughts on MDR-1R and even the new XB800/900 if that was available.

Good relationship with both ends (consumer audiophiles, and Members of the Trade). The Fujiya Headphone Shows, & Head-FI have been major boosts to be able to meet, mingle, and talk to the makers. Jude, Currawong, Arnaud, Sasaki, and others have been a huge drivers in bridging the gap between makers, distributors, retailers, and consumers/enthusiasts. I do this entirely as a hobby though. I'm a technologist by trade so I don't get draw a salary or get paid for this hobby, in case people are wondering.

BTW, I could have sworn that there was another M-100 thread that was dedicated to actual impressions and reviews after it was released instead of this multi page one. Any idea what happened to that other thread? I was gonna put my pix there. If that thread's gone, then I'll create a new one.

Edit: Please ignore. Found the thread. Will post pix up there. I'm considering that to be the production impressions/review/pictures thread.

Sep 27, 2012 at 10:12 AM Post #6,787 of 23,366
Quote:

Yes, but not too long... I am better at the mouse/pen than handwriting as my mom was a calligrapher that set type by hand, my grandfather in Chicago owned a printing company.  For some reason, my handwriting is not so great but I am not too shabby at illustrator/photoshop.  This will give me some practice in developing my V-MODA font.

Whoops...

Sep 27, 2012 at 10:40 AM Post #6,788 of 23,366
Quote:
BTW, I could have sworn that there was another M-100 thread that was dedicated to actual impressions and reviews after it was released instead of this multi page one. Any idea what happened to that other thread? I was gonna put my pix there. If that thread's gone, then I'll create a new one.

Yeah, just post your review here, and I will also add your review and impressions to the first page of that thread, and to the Closed Mid-Fi Portable Battle 2012 Discussion.

Sep 27, 2012 at 11:19 AM Post #6,789 of 23,366
Quote:
Yeah, just post your review here, and I will also add your review and impressions to the first page of that thread, and to the Closed Mid-Fi Portable Battle 2012 Discussion.

I think the Closed Mid-Fi discussion thread is confusing due to the polls. People voted on the poll based on what they think is the best when most of the headphones weren't even available. So if they read reviews on there, and finally get their headphones, can they change their vote?

Sep 27, 2012 at 11:21 AM Post #6,790 of 23,366
Quote:
Done! Looking forward to your visit! Meanwhile, thank you so much!! And so the burn-in begins :wink:!!
All other fans, the (re-boxing) unboxing pix will come out later tonight when I get home. No audio SQ reviews yet till its burnt in though.
aserahad.jpg

P.S. sorry, pix was from my iPhone.

Now would'ya look at those babies.

Sep 27, 2012 at 11:23 AM Post #6,791 of 23,366
Quote:
I think the Closed Mid-Fi discussion thread is confusing due to the polls. People voted on the poll based on what they think is the best when most of the headphones weren't even available. So if they read reviews on there, and finally get their headphones, can they change their vote?

They can't change their vote right now, as it is at a "pre-release" stage. Right now, they're voting on which they think will be the best. However, once all of the headphones have been released, I will reset the poll, so that people can vote with proper impressions and reviews available to them.

Sep 27, 2012 at 12:31 PM Post #6,792 of 23,366
Sep 27, 2012 at 4:12 PM Post #6,793 of 23,366

Users who are viewing this thread

Back