V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Sep 27, 2012 at 9:50 PM Post #6,812 of 23,366
Quote:
I assumed that they were having trouble engraving the brushed metal shields. I hope it doesn't delay shipping.

Omg. I got the same mail. Pretty sad that I can't have the brush metal look. I am now having a hard time deciding on ocean blue vs midnight blue plates. Which of these suit the white m-100 better? 

PS: I hope that V-moda can send me the brush metal plates blank while engraving the blue shield for me at extra cost of course.

Sep 27, 2012 at 10:30 PM Post #6,816 of 23,366
Well this is interesting thanks to AnakChan we finally got some rock solid information regarding some of our questions We finally got a close up view of the hinges which look rather nice. AnakChan could you comment on the inside hinge part and let us know if it makes contact in any way with the wearers skin. The hinge looks low profile but I wonder if there will be cases of that inside hinge poking into a users cheek or temple. We found out the new cables are now non microphonic which is a relief because the M-80 cables could be a pain for mircophonics. We also now know early impressions point to the M-100 isolation being about on par with the LP2 and M-80 which is a little disappointing but considering the vents not really surprising. AnakChan when you have your final impressions ready could you please put some good detail and description behind your final findings on sound stage. Considering the M-100 has vents and the drivers are 50mm I'm hoping the sound stage on these cans will be nice and wide with very good instrument separation.

Sep 27, 2012 at 10:31 PM Post #6,817 of 23,366
For me personally, I ordered midnight blue.  Love the shade plus ocean blue+white seems to be overdone on a variety of electronic products lately.

Really? The only things that comes to mind are Apple's new anodized iPod Touch/Nanos...

and I guess the Nokia Lumia and Wii Remotes

^ midnight blue?

Nonetheless, I like the ocean blue since "dark blue" has been around in products for quite some time.

Sep 27, 2012 at 10:35 PM Post #6,819 of 23,366
Got the same email here. I was going to have the matte black with the brushed metal shields, and after a hard time choosing a new color, my best secondary choice became the shiny black. 
confused_face.gif

Sep 27, 2012 at 10:39 PM Post #6,820 of 23,366
I sent them some questions a while ago, so I'm hoping I can get those answered before the headphones ship.

I just received your company's email about the inability to engrave brushed metal shields.  
What exactly is the issue you guys are facing? Are you out of stock, machine can't engrave the shields, etc.?

If it's something that can be resolved, is it possible to just have the shields shipped to me at a later date at cost to me? I don't have much interest in any other color, especially since the white VTF-100s already come with silver shields.

Sep 27, 2012 at 11:59 PM Post #6,821 of 23,366
Quote:

ANYTHING.  I just want to personalize each note, I want to know all of my customers and show that I TRULY understand everybody's sound and "use-case" preferences...

Now I really wish I had put some thought into it and written something in the body.  For some reason when I read anything previously I interpreted that to mean that the body didn't matter as you would only be using the information in the subject line.  I guess I spend too much time reading/writing code, sometimes I interpret things too literally.

Edit: Replied to the "Request Received" email and added what I wanted to write, hopefully it wasn't too late.

Sep 28, 2012 at 12:45 AM Post #6,823 of 23,366
Quote:
Dear V-MODA Customer,
Thank you for purchasing the M-100 pre-production unit. You will be happy to know that your heaphones have arrived at our office and are in the final stages of verification before we ship them out to you.
With regards to the customs shields you ordered, due to some unforeseen circumstances, we are currently unable to laser engrave your custom artwork on extra brushed metal shields. However, if you would like, we would be happy to have your artwork done on metal shields of a different color. Here is the full list of shield colors you can choose from
Matte Black
Shiny Black
Croc Skin Black
Gunmetal
Gold
Crimson Red
Pink
Dark Purple
Hawk Green
Midnight Blue
Ocean Blue
Sun Orange
Please send an email to customs@v-moda.com with your order number and new shield color choice. We apologize for the inconvenience and really appreciate your patience. Please contact our concierge team if you have any questions.
Thank you,
V-MODA Concierge
I just received this email from V-Moda. I'm so bummed that I can't get my shield design with the brushed metal shields.
Val would it be to much to ask to send the brushed metal shields blank and put my design on a extra pair of matte black shields at no cost? The brushed shields were the only other shields I wanted.
EDIT*( I assumed that the brushed metal shields were having quality control issues. If they're not in stock could they be shipped later?)

Sorry Shadow and brushed metal friends, let me clarify as there is another option.  For Shadow customers, if you want we can engrave the installed brushed metal shields, we'll put them back on the unit and GIVE you an extra set of any color you want.  I'll huddle with the six-star team in the morning to discuss.

Also if we have any volunteers to move from Matte Black to Shadow or White Silver, we are a tad short of Matte Black Metal colors as every retail store buyer in the planet and their mother wants a "sample".  I am happy for the excitement, but these are going to be rare commodities throughout 2012 at least even with the next MP2 run as we are limiting it to a small amount of pieces.  QUALITY <USUALLY> QUANTITY

(ANNOUNCER VOICE FROM HBO) AND NOW... V-MODA UNVEILS THE SPELLBINDING, RIVETING... M-100 SHADOW!!!

-v

Sep 28, 2012 at 12:50 AM Post #6,824 of 23,366
Quote:

Sorry, let me clarify.  For Shadow customers, if you want we can engrave the installed brushed metal shields, we'll put them back on the unit and GIVE you an extra set of any color you want.  I'll huddle with the six-star team in the morning.

-v

That means there is a shortage of brushed metal shields? Hence this solution?

Sep 28, 2012 at 12:53 AM Post #6,825 of 23,366
Quote:

Sorry, let me clarify.  For Shadow customers, if you want we can engrave the installed brushed metal shields, we'll put them back on the unit and GIVE you an extra set of any color you want.  I'll huddle with the six-star team in the morning.

Also if we have any volunteers to move from Matte Black to Shadow or White Silver, we are a tad short as every retail store buyer in the planet and their mother wants a "sample".

(ANNOUNCER VOICE FROM HBO) AND NOW... V-MODA UNVEILS THE SPELLBINDING, RIVETING... M-100 SHADOW!!!

-v

Tempting, but I'd say nothing beats the sleek finish of the matte black model

Users who are viewing this thread

Back