V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Sep 26, 2012 at 7:30 PM Post #6,752 of 23,366
Quote:
I win for sappiest email to Val. No contest. I don't even care what you wrote. 
tongue_smile.gif

Pics or it didn't happen.

Anyway what did I write? I think I said to write thank you to my friend kagelou too for introducing me to the V-Moda brand.

Sep 26, 2012 at 8:12 PM Post #6,753 of 23,366
What can we write in the body again? I'm so excited I'm confused.

Sep 26, 2012 at 8:22 PM Post #6,756 of 23,366
2%? :tongue_smile:

Congrats to all the V-Moda Fans! I missed out on the VTF pre-order but man you guys have kept this thread going~!

Only thing left now is overjoyed impressions from new owners. :D  (I'll probably pick up a normal M-100 when it finally shows up on Amazon in the next few months. Hopefully before 2013)

x2

Sep 26, 2012 at 8:27 PM Post #6,757 of 23,366
OPENING CEREMONY 
We just got the cartons and I opened up the boxes with the team!  I'll post the video later today or tomorrow.
[snip!!]
This isn't easy, but this is the first "semi-open source" headphone, so I feel it is my duty!  

CIAO!

A big congrats Val. This is like the climax to an adventure movie. I don't think anyone here can ever thank you enough for your open-mindedness in accepting their input during the develpment process.

Looking forward to hearing these soon & I owe you a dinner & a drunken night the next time you're in Tokyo.

Sep 26, 2012 at 8:42 PM Post #6,759 of 23,366
OPENING CEREMONY 
We just got the cartons and I opened up the boxes with the team!  I'll post the video later today or tomorrow.

HANDWRITTEN NOTE - I NEED YOUR "HEAD-FI HANDLES" 
I decided not to just sign a pre-printed paper, but I wanted to personalize each with a short note.  But, I need to match your order name/# to your handle.  

Please e-mail us the following:

Email: support@v-moda.com 
SUBJECT: VTFORDER [ORDER#] [HEADFIHANDLENAME]
Body: Freedom of speech or anything you want in the note!
AND I'M OFF...
if I don't get to post much this week it is because I am testing EVERY unit and writing EVERYBODY a short hand-written thank you note vs. just printing something and signing on the line.  This isn't easy, but this is the first "semi-open source" headphone, so I feel it is my duty!  

CIAO!

When I read that for the first time, I thought it said ""semi-open back" headphone" and I was thinking to myself "wait...weren't the M-80 and Crossfade LP/LP2 headphones semi-open back too? Did I miss something here?" :blink:

Sep 26, 2012 at 8:52 PM Post #6,760 of 23,366
Quote:
When I read that for the first time, I thought it said ""semi-open back" headphone" and I was thinking to myself "wait...weren't the M-80 and Crossfade LP/LP2 headphones semi-open back too? Did I miss something here?"
blink.gif

I think the "semi open source" refers to the involvement with the Head-Fi community here. As Val made the headphones, he asked us for suggestions at various points of design. :)

Sep 26, 2012 at 8:57 PM Post #6,762 of 23,366
I'm thinking of breaking in my M-100s with a Rihanna marathon to hear a wide range from sub bass to high end and excellent (even if autotuned) vocals, then through my all-time favorite female vocals from Pink, Alanis Morissette, Gwen Stefani, Jewel and Carly Simon.  Also, please don't judge too harshly if I am compelled to play Call Me Maybe right out of the box.  The thought of that bassline on the M-100 is too good to resist.

Sep 26, 2012 at 10:33 PM Post #6,763 of 23,366
I think the "semi open source" refers to the involvement with the Head-Fi community here. As Val made the headphones, he asked us for suggestions at various points of design. :)

I knew what the "semi-open source" meant, I just misread it as "semi-open back".

Weren't the past V-MODA headphones considered closed too?

Yes. However, Val did mention somewhere in this thread that they're more "semi-closed/open" due to the vented design rather than just pure closed-back.

I'm thinking of breaking in my M-100s with a Rihanna marathon to hear a wide range from sub bass to high end and excellent (even if autotuned) vocals, then through my all-time favorite female vocals from Pink, Alanis Morissette, Gwen Stefani, Jewel and Carly Simon.  Also, please don't judge too harshly if I am compelled to play Call Me Maybe right out of the box.  The thought of that bassline on the M-100 is too good to resist.

I would have judged you from Rihanna before Carly Rae Jepsen. I can't stand Rihanna's songs period. XD
Call Me Maybe's keyboard synthesizer is my favourite part of the song, even though it's really repetitive, but I can see why the bassline is appealing too.

Sep 26, 2012 at 10:59 PM Post #6,764 of 23,366
I was just very humble and thankful in my e-mail, and simply asked Val to respond to a statement I threw in about wanted to support him and his company if I ever get a big break in the acting world.

The M-100 is nearly upon us!

Sep 26, 2012 at 11:28 PM Post #6,765 of 23,366
I thought the open source comment was Mr. Kolton's recap of one of the themes of this entire symphonic thread:  His start as a hacker teen led to his obsession with surgically customized audio -- couture mass production, as it were -- which resulted in the VTF-100 and his careful polling of head-fi members as to its possible signature and features. 

His baby-tech trope is applicable to the hobby itself in some respects.  Didn't we all stumble upon it while exploring the world with our computers? 

I started out as a musician well before I became a headphones quasi-purist, but the engineers I knew in the beginning were satisfied with the AKG 240, Sony V6 and the occasional Grado or Sennheiser entry model.  Some of us had B&W 602 speakers at home, but a fair number still had Yamaha NS10Ms because every studio had the same exact wretched model sitting on their decks.

I had to find this place before my interest mutated into an obsession.

I'm still torn about having Mr. Kolton personalize a note to me because I don't think I've behaved like the gracious customer/internet friend I ought to have been. I do respect the fact he's willing to write notes to everyone. 

When someone asks me to sign a book I've written, or a story in an anthology, I always try to tailor the note with the autograph specifically to that person.  It's fascinating that Mr. Kolton's thinking that way even though he's manufacturing a massive number of headphones and shipping them worldwide.  He's like a writer who wants to personalize every copy of their work in honor of the fact that human interaction matters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back