V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Sep 1, 2012 at 9:51 AM Post #5,762 of 23,366
Had a dream that I received a PRE-production VTF-100, and was as wowed by the sound as AnakChan. Every part of the frequency sounded as it should. Suffice to say, the wait is killing me.

On another note, I had asked this before but I'll ask again. Can anyone tell me of there will be a silver trim on the Shadow M-100? In earlier photos with the prototype it did, however in some promo photos I haven't seen the silver trim. Reason I ask is because this will be the deciding factor if I go Matte or Shadow.

Sep 1, 2012 at 2:02 PM Post #5,765 of 23,366
Quote:
Had a dream that I received a PRE-production VTF-100, and was as wowed by the sound as AnakChan. Every part of the frequency sounded as it should. Suffice to say, the wait is killing me.
On another note, I had asked this before but I'll ask again. Can anyone tell me of there will be a silver trim on the Shadow M-100? In earlier photos with the prototype it did, however in some promo photos I haven't seen the silver trim. Reason I ask is because this will be the deciding factor if I go Matte or Shadow.

No one really knows due to a lack of clear photos.
It looks like there are no silver trimmings though from this photo:

Sep 1, 2012 at 2:25 PM Post #5,766 of 23,366
Quote:

I'm pretty sure I remember Val saying it would have that silver trim...?

Sep 1, 2012 at 4:51 PM Post #5,767 of 23,366
I've been lurking here for some time and have created a head-fi account today just to say I'm in for the pre-order on these. I debated for a while on colors, but I know I'm going to love the sound if these are better than the M-80s I'm already loving!

Sep 1, 2012 at 9:15 PM Post #5,769 of 23,366
They'd sound the same.

Sep 2, 2012 at 7:11 AM Post #5,772 of 23,366
I keep imaging how great it'd look with a glossy, a bit darker red stripe matching the "V" red color on the headband there at the base of the pads.

Sep 2, 2012 at 8:45 AM Post #5,773 of 23,366
There seems to be a lot of interest on the Sennheiser Momentum thread currently from some of the same people on this one.  And the Senns come in one of the only colors not offered by V-Moda:  Brown with real leather pads.  I have to say, the headphones case, metal headband and removable cable look awfully familiar.

My request that V-Moda offer pads in real leather, seconded by others, might prove pertinent right about now. 

The sound of the M-100 is still the mystery, though. 

We know that the Momentum uses a variation of the drivers used for the HD-25, so we're pretty sure about how they're likely to sound (though apparently they're tuned for a bit more bass than previous models).  We don't know how the M-100s are going to sound except anecdotally.

I've heard the Amperiors and thought they were overpriced and not nearly as well constructed as the M-80s and M-100s. They were balanced (if you're not a bass addict) and certainly listenable but not stellar.

I'm still considering whether I'd pay $185 extra for better construction, that delicious appearance, superior comfort and a circumaural seal and fit. 

One thing seems likely:  Visually, the brown, silver and updated retro styling make the Momentum generation-nonspecific in ways in which the M-100 might not be.  People who bemoan the blackness of their headphones ensemble but aren't ready for the conspicuousness of white might see the brown leather Momentum as their trichromatic sweet spot.

Sep 2, 2012 at 9:33 AM Post #5,774 of 23,366
Danged it, didn't know pre-orders were available till I checked the thread which I bookmarked instead of making a head-fi account and subing.(followed this thread for a while/mind as well made me a head-fi account for easier ease of knowing what goes on with the thread.)
NOW I HAVE GO ROB A BANK THANKS VAL. Take the responsibility when I get jailed k?xD
All jokes aside though, the Sennheiser Momentum did catch my attention(like the retro design) which now I am debating which to choose between the m100 or the Sennheiser Momentum(probably m100) but, would be interested in the future for a comparison in sound between these two headphones.(What do you guys think between the two?)
Can't wait till I save up some money..hehehe..

Sep 2, 2012 at 9:38 AM Post #5,775 of 23,366
Quote:
There seems to be a lot of interest on the Sennheiser Momentum thread currently from some of the same people on this one.  And the Senns come in one of the only colors not offered by V-Moda:  Brown with real leather pads.  I have to say, the headphones case, metal headband and removable cable look awfully familiar.

My request that V-Moda offer pads in real leather, seconded by others, might prove pertinent right about now. 

The sound comparison is the mystery, though. 

We know that the Momentum uses a variation of the drivers used for the HD-25, so we're pretty sure about how they're likely to sound (though apparently they're tuned for a bit more bass than previous models).  We don't know how the M-100s are going to sound except anecdotally.

I've heard the Amperiors and thought they were overpriced and not nearly as well constructed as the M-80s and M-100s. They were balanced (if you're not a bass addict) and certainly listenable but not stellar.

I'm still considering whether I'd pay $185 extra for better construction, that delicious appearance, superior comfort and a circumaural seal and fit. 

One thing seems likely:  Visually, the brown, silver and updated retro styling make the Momentum generation-nonspecific in ways in which the M-100 might not be.  People who bemoan the blackness of their headphones ensemble but aren't ready for the conspicuousness of white might see the brown leather Momentum as their trichromatic sweet spot.

The Momentum has peaked my interest too.

Note that even though though the Momentum seems to have the similar (same?) driver as the HD25 of some sort, it still could sound quite different just from the cup design.

Few months back when a bunch of us met up with Val, we talked on how even something simple like choice of earpads (may it be it's material construction, thickness, softness, etc.) can change the sound signature significantly - this was exampled by the production Audeze LCD-3. As such any minor changes to the M-100 required SQ testing all over again. This is one of the reasons why I do appreciate how strict Val's methodology in fine tuning the M-100, even if it means taking time to release it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back