V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Aug 22, 2012 at 2:11 AM Post #5,282 of 23,366
I just realised I'd better confirm exactly what Val meant by: 

Q: While somebody volunteers to compile this and PM me or post it here, I am sure the biggest FAQ is when

I recalled something about promising people who were posting here a reservation, but I'm not sure that he isn't referring to people whom have pre-ordered on the site.

Aug 22, 2012 at 2:14 AM Post #5,283 of 23,366
I have to get one of those 99 pairs! I still did not order mines yet.
frown.gif

Aug 22, 2012 at 2:21 AM Post #5,284 of 23,366
Quote:
I just realised I'd better confirm exactly what Val meant by: 

I recalled something about promising people who were posting here a reservation, but I'm not sure that he isn't referring to people whom have pre-ordered on the site.

I thought that meant compile a list of Frequently Asked Questions, which was done.
Quote:
...Can somebody respond to this with a list of the most common FAQ lately?  I'll read through all the past posts eventually but I am behind and I am afraid I do not have a time to answer one by one.

Quantity
So far we have received a lot of pre-orders, so we will limit it to ~99 more!  It is pretty exciting. We have a lot of orders in Tokyo too, so we need to allocate some there after the next 99.

When?
Q: While somebody volunteers to compile this and PM me or post it here, I am sure the biggest FAQ is when

A: We are seeing a clearer best/worse case date range internally and it is coming soon...

Aug 22, 2012 at 2:47 AM Post #5,287 of 23,366
Quote:
I have to get one of those 99 pairs! I still did not order mines yet.
frown.gif

I didn't order too. And Val said there were some orders from Tokyo. I think there are some silent observers of this thread :wink:.

Aug 22, 2012 at 2:53 AM Post #5,288 of 23,366
Quote:

I didn't order too. And Val said there were some orders from Tokyo. I think there are some silent observers of this thread :wink:.

Considering there's maybe 15 or 20 of us pushing this thread on a regular basis and there was 101 orders yeah I'm sure there's stalkers on the thread

Aug 22, 2012 at 3:26 AM Post #5,289 of 23,366
Aug 22, 2012 at 3:40 AM Post #5,290 of 23,366
Aug 22, 2012 at 4:02 AM Post #5,291 of 23,366
Quote:

M-50 Comparison
I'll do more in-depth analysis versus, once again.  But its going to take more of others opinions vs mine as I don't like to publicly talk down other brands. There is an issue though since we have several and I believe some are a lot older than others, but I'll check again.

Hm, are those the older Faders or the newer Faders VIP?

Aug 22, 2012 at 4:20 AM Post #5,292 of 23,366
Lol yep there are some stalkers.... I'm one of them. Still haven't pre-ordered yet until I see pictures, plus the international shipping costs are insane. Contemplating whether to wait for them to come out on amazon or something. But the extras you get for pre-ordering are sooooo tempting.

Aug 22, 2012 at 4:56 AM Post #5,293 of 23,366
Quote:
Lol yep there are some stalkers.... I'm one of them. Still haven't pre-ordered yet until I see pictures, plus the international shipping costs are insane. Contemplating whether to wait for them to come out on amazon or something. But the extras you get for pre-ordering are sooooo tempting.

I'm at the same boat as you buddy =/ Those extra faders are just so tempting.... 

Aug 22, 2012 at 6:13 AM Post #5,295 of 23,366
...why do the most interesting developments occur while I'm sleeping?  It makes me feel old. 
wink.gif

Quote:
Shield Progress
We are still engraving all the shields, I think we'll always put the shield in a separate package vs install it.  I think you'll want to see the original first, and we won't want to delay the shipments.  I am going to take a group shot of all the shields in a special shot.

That would make for a great photo-op!

Cork
Pictures coming soon, it is the cover of one of the inputs

I'll admit that I completely mis-interpreted the original post.  I was thinking it would cover the vents, not the input.  Thank you for the clarification.

Sound
It's passing our standards now, we have upped our "yield" to 80%.  I'll be most interested to hear feedback! It definitely "kicks with clean clarity", if I could describe it in words.  

The most exciting tidbit, IMO.

Manual
This is taking a long time to write, I wish we did not have to include it and I'm thinking of ways around this in the future.  I mean, if they own a M-100 they definitely have internet, right?  Sigh...

Some sort of bundled informational tool would be expected, but perhaps the perfectionist in you/your staff may be working against you here...?  I don't believe I've ever received an instruction manual with a pair of headphones that was more than a few pages long.

Relating to colours, photos of the stock M-100's is a FAQ (e.g. what matte black looks like, does shadow have the red inner headband, etc.).

Agree, we need photos and I'll post some.  Matte Black is ALL matte black but orange micd cable/black audio cable.  Shadow does NOT have red inner headband.  

What colour cables will the M-100's get? Matte black with orange cable? White/silver with orange cable (like in the Twitter photo)?

White is all grey cables.

Matte is orange for mic, black shareplay.

Shadow - black mic, red/black audio-only (99% sure, need to fact check if reverse though)

I dig that the Shadow headband forgoes the red inner lining.  The V-80 and red LP look a bit loud for my sensibilities.  Also, I know some where concerned about the orange cable being included with every scheme and it clashing, so thanks for alleviating.  Personally, I was looking to the red/black cable on the web store as a possible purchase if it wasn't going to be included with Shadow, so my personal thanks!

What exactly comes with the VTF-100 is also a FAQ (extra accessories-wise).

Custom shields for one, case, cork and faders.  Package you can keep forever by taking off outer sleeve.

So the additional custom shields and corks won't be included in the mass-production run?  I know the former was hinted, but I don't believe it was ever nailed down.  Very much appreciated.  And the Faders... "just when I thought I was out, they keep dragging me back in."  I've NEVER liked in-ears, but since these are being graciously included I'll make it a priority to write a fair blurb of their performance.  Who knows... they could be the ones that finally woo me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back