V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Aug 22, 2012 at 6:15 AM Post #5,296 of 23,366
By no stretch a "FAQ," but I asked a question some pages back concerning the ordering of replacement parts.  For example, since "wing plates" will not be interchangeable, would it be possible to order the entire "wing plate" assembly?  This part in particular seems easily serviced by the consumer.  Personally, the red "V" on the Shadow is the only design element that's a bit too pronounced for my taste and would appreciate if I could swap in the assembly from the matte.

EDIT: 
Stock scheme is still plenty nice, though.

Aug 22, 2012 at 6:41 AM Post #5,297 of 23,366
Quote:

So the additional custom shields and corks won't be included in the mass-production run?  I know the former was hinted, but I don't believe it was ever nailed down.  Very much appreciated.  And the Faders... "just when I thought I was out, they keep dragging me back in."  I've NEVER liked in-ears, but since these are being graciously included I'll make it a priority to write a fair blurb of their performance.  Who knows... they could be the ones that finally woo me.

Faders are not IEM, they are basically just an earplugs

Aug 22, 2012 at 8:03 AM Post #5,299 of 23,366
Quote:
By no stretch a "FAQ," but I asked a question some pages back concerning the ordering of replacement parts.  For example, since "wing plates" will not be interchangeable, would it be possible to order the entire "wing plate" assembly?  This part in particular seems easily serviced by the consumer.  Personally, the red "V" on the Shadow is the only design element that's a bit too pronounced for my taste and would appreciate if I could swap in the assembly from the matte.

EDIT: 
Stock scheme is still plenty nice, though.

At this time we are not going to sell the "wing plates" separately for the "common" consumer.  But, I'll put it on the 'to-do" list for "V-MODDERS" out there in the future. 

Aug 22, 2012 at 8:20 AM Post #5,300 of 23,366
Quote:
Hm, are those the older Faders or the newer Faders VIP?

FADERS VIP... 
Quote:
I'm at the same boat as you buddy =/ Those extra faders are just so tempting.... 

Don't "miss the boat" as the old proverb goes. 

Quote:
I hope Val doesn't give in to the pressure of Head-Fi, and starts rushing himself, and his team.

Agreed, it is tough but my team isn't reading this on purpose.  So I'm the only one pressured, don't crack me too hard guys!  I feel like "Atlas Shrugged" sometimes as I want to make every customer happy. 
Quote:
...why do the most interesting developments occur while I'm sleeping?  It makes me feel old. 
wink.gif

Val Resp: time zones, I was NYC then had to wake up at 3am for a flight to LA.  And I often am in Asia, I'll also be in Europe in a few days.  My clock is almost totally random, but I need to slow down eventually and my "trusted team" that have earned their stripes is helping me a lot. 

Some sort of bundled informational tool would be expected, but perhaps the perfectionist in you/your staff may be working against you here...?  I don't believe I've ever received an instruction manual with a pair of headphones that was more than a few pages long.

Val Resp: manuals are VERY tough to write, anybody wanna try?  Imagine writing a VAMP manual or Receiver, wow.  

I dig that the Shadow headband forgoes the red inner lining.  The V-80 and red LP look a bit loud for my sensibilities.  Also, I know some where concerned about the orange cable being included with every scheme and it clashing, so thanks for alleviating.  Personally, I was looking to the red/black cable on the web store as a possible purchase if it wasn't going to be included with Shadow, so my personal thanks!

Val Resp: yes the red lining was "too much" on the M-100, it mimics M-80.  Although I do prefer V-80 V-Shadow over M-80 Shadow, personally but I primarily use White M-80s.

So the additional custom shields and corks won't be included in the mass-production run?  I know the former was hinted, but I don't believe it was ever nailed down.  Very much appreciated.  And the Faders... "just when I thought I was out, they keep dragging me back in."  I've NEVER liked in-ears, but since these are being graciously included I'll make it a priority to write a fair blurb of their performance.  Who knows... they could be the ones that finally woo me.

They will.  Faders VIP won't for the consumers unless we do a promo. However, I DEFINITELY am including extras for the Head-Fiers that nobody else will get, even if it does not ship together.  Crossing my fingers the hidden surprise is ready at the same time!

Aug 22, 2012 at 8:26 AM Post #5,301 of 23,366
Boom, just ordered a Shadow VTF-100, here's to hoping she's just as good looking as the m-80!
BTW, after applying exchange rates, I paid about 250 euros (excluding shipping to the netherlands). Can't wait to start listening! :)

Aug 22, 2012 at 8:30 AM Post #5,302 of 23,366
They will.  Faders VIP won't for the consumers unless we do a promo. However, I DEFINITELY am including extras for the Head-Fiers that nobody else will get, even if it does not ship together.  Crossing my fingers the hidden surprise is ready at the same time!

How will you be able to tell who all was from head fi and who wasn't? I know when ordering there was an extra message you could add to your order but I forgot to say I was from head fi in that and I don't want to miss out on any extras.

And also do you only get two sets of shields if you get an engraved shield or do you also get the orginal shields with a custom color like brushed metal or blue.?

Aug 22, 2012 at 8:50 AM Post #5,305 of 23,366
Quote:
Hey Val, side note, dont you ever sleep much ? Isnt it like 5 30 am in the morning over there ??? the jet setting all over the globe doesnt help i guess... :) 

I took a few naps yesterday in NYC like at 5pm for an hour, 9:30pm for 1.5hrs I think.  I have a Nike Fuelband to track it lately.  Then I got up, got ready for a LA-day of business meetings, packed and left to JFK airport at 3am.  I think jetsetting has made me adapt, but it definitely helps my mind when I can settle in a time zone for at least 3 days to get into a semi-routine.  My brother is a pilot in the air-force and I used to DJ quite a bit around the globe, so I guess over the years you get used to taking sleep whenever/wherever you can get it whether it is a plane, train or automobile.  

Don't worry about head-fi code in comment, anybody who preorders we'll assume is from Head-Fi or a loyal Facebook/Twitter/Social media fan that deserves the same star treatment.

RE PICS
We're working on it, but I didn't like the way the back pad turned out in the pictures.  My co-founder Joseph probably wants to kill me, but he knows how picky I am over photo details so he curbed his criticism.  As they say, a picture is worth a thousand words.  I say more!  

Photo/Video Content
The photos and videos often take us a VERY long time for launch and while it is very fun, it is always time-challenged due to using samples that aren't color/function perfect to the MP units and other TRS (totally random sh!_).

Aug 22, 2012 at 9:02 AM Post #5,307 of 23,366
HI every one. I am new here. I am interested in the new M 100 but I have a problem as I don't get what is the difference between the vtf-100 pre-order and the up-comming m100??? can someone help???

The VTF-100's are the limited First production run of the M-100's. There is no other difference besides the VTF-100's come with some extras and some sort of certificate that Val will sign.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back