V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Aug 17, 2012 at 11:57 PM Post #4,997 of 23,366
For the last time, PPU stands for "PRE Production Run"  he just said a "FIRST Production Run"

I'm also wanting a clarification, in terms of "batch number", but these are the units we've mistakenly called "PPU's" - yes. They have the name, features, and availability to support that claim.

Aug 18, 2012 at 12:08 AM Post #4,998 of 23,366
Quote:
And let me tell you, I think the VTF/M-100 would make an amazing complement to your DT1350s. Again, my presumption judging by my M-80s, which blow me away.

Quote:
I actually just bought the M80's for my brother, so naturally I've abused them, too. And they're pretty wonderful for the fun stuff, but man, I just love my DT1350's for my piano music collection and soundtrack stuff

I think the DT1350 kills everything in it's price range as far as mids are concerned. Right now I'm toying with the idea of selling my DT1350. I don't know, a part of me wants me to but another part of me keeps saying I'm going to miss them and I'm crazy for even thinking of selling them. If you guys want to really see what the DT1350 can do put on some vocal driven stuff and prepare to be awed.

Aug 18, 2012 at 12:15 AM Post #4,999 of 23,366
If I may add my 2 yen worth here. I think members here may need to give Val some space here. Although he may have alluded the secret M-100 code on the V-Moda site to be VTF-100, he's not really announced the M-100 on the site and in a way, the members here may have stolen his thunder in doing the announcement (great research by the members here by the way, but not so tactful execution of publicising the information prior to the maker's consent).

At least in my opinion, give some space for Val to announce the final M-100 specs and acceptance of pre-orders rather than bombard him with all these questions which had been based on members' speculations.

Aug 18, 2012 at 12:27 AM Post #5,000 of 23,366
Quote:

I think the DT1350 kills everything in it's price range as far as mids are concerned. Right now I'm toying with the idea of selling my DT1350. I don't know, a part of me wants me to but another part of me keeps saying I'm going to miss them and I'm crazy for even thinking of selling them. If you guys want to really see what the DT1350 can do put on some vocal driven stuff and prepare to be awed.

They make vocals so lush and so tantalizing, they're really superb in that regard. I couldn't really imagine selling them, although I do wish they made the pads on the headband a little better. Or a better glue, idk. But I've got a good feeling that the M-100's should be an excellent complement to these little powerhouses 

Aug 18, 2012 at 12:30 AM Post #5,001 of 23,366
Quote:
If I may add my 2 yen worth here. I think members here may need to give Val some space here. Although he may have alluded the secret M-100 code on the V-Moda site to be VTF-100, he's not really announced the M-100 on the site and in a way, the members here may have stolen his thunder in doing the announcement (great research by the members here by the way, but not so tactful execution of publicising the information prior to the maker's consent).

At least in my opinion, give some space for Val to announce the final M-100 specs and acceptance of pre-orders rather than bombard him with all these questions which had been based on members' speculations.

Amen. I think he said he would address everything on Monday...but even if he doesn't people just need to chill.

Aug 18, 2012 at 12:31 AM Post #5,002 of 23,366
Quote:

I hear what you are saying, but isn't it the cart before the horse?  Hindsight is 20/20, but wouldn't it have been more prudent to have an announcement on Head-fi prior to setting up ordering on the web site so that we didn't hear first about the launch indirectly after months and months of communication and buildup?

Aug 18, 2012 at 12:38 AM Post #5,004 of 23,366

Couldn't agree more. The guy has enough on his plate and this is a crucial time for him.

EDIT: Can't we just be grateful that Val has given us first dibs on an exclusive product with extras to go along with it? The guy has been more involved with this little community of ours than any headphone CEO ever, yet there are still complaints. This is just silly and a bit uncalled for.

Aug 18, 2012 at 12:41 AM Post #5,005 of 23,366
Well I just tried to place an order and every time I put in my card info and clicked "pay for order" it keeps not taking it and just takes me back to the "please review your order" page. WTH, why is the ordering process doing this to me? I think I'm just going to cancel it altogether and wait for more word from Val.

Aug 18, 2012 at 12:48 AM Post #5,007 of 23,366
Honestly. I think Val is secretly loving every second of the tom foolery that has been going on in this thread. That being said I agree with the above posters and think it's time we all gave Val his space. He gave us an opportunity to preorder a headphone that won't be released to the general public which he didn't have to do. Lets all just chill out and give the poor guy some space. He still has tons of hard work ahead of him for this launch and he doesn't need us pestering him. Chill young boppers chill.

Aug 18, 2012 at 1:21 AM Post #5,009 of 23,366
Quote:
No, I don't know if I should. By the time they get back to me I most likely would have canceled the order anyway. Do you think I should just cancel and start the whole thing over again?

As long as it's not night time, V-Moda's customer service is exemplary and their responses tend to be quick. But yeah cancel and try again if it's not working for you.

Aug 18, 2012 at 2:06 AM Post #5,010 of 23,366
I should note that I'm using a visa debit card but that shouldn't matter because 1) I have more than enough money loaded on to it and 2) It's the same exact card I used to order my LP2's back in december! I swear I'm starting to think the reason this is happening is because everybody bought up the PPU's already!
mad.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back