V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Aug 18, 2012 at 3:58 AM Post #5,026 of 23,366
To both of you - thanks, I agree on both points. But I want to help 'spread the word' of good sound. I personally would be fine with either arrangement, but the better it looks, the more people will be interested in them, and the more they'll want to get into V-MODA and high quality sound.

As much as I hate to say it, looks, not sounds, are one of the biggest selling points to most people/consumers - even for headphones...

Aug 18, 2012 at 4:15 AM Post #5,028 of 23,366
Quote:
To both of you - thanks, I agree on both points. But I want to help 'spread the word' of good sound. I personally would be fine with either arrangement, but the better it looks, the more people will be interested in them, and the more they'll want to get into V-MODA and high quality sound.

As much as I hate to say it, looks, not sounds, are one of the biggest selling points to most people/consumers - even for headphones...

I got the following pics from the M-80 thread. The girl wearing the M-80 was given the headphone by Val as a gift when he was on a trip to Japan. It's a white M-80 with red croc skin shields. I thought I'd post the pics to show how white can work even with loud colors. I personally think the headphones look rather snazzy on her. The fact that shes also freakin smokin hot also helps lol.

Aug 18, 2012 at 4:22 AM Post #5,029 of 23,366
^ Not M-80 XD .

~~~~~~

I wonder if it's comfortable to lie down in bed wearing M-100 with head on pillow...

Probably depends on the pillow. The softer the pillow, the less push on the headphone?

Aug 18, 2012 at 5:18 AM Post #5,030 of 23,366
Quote:
^ Not M-80 XD .

~~~~~~

I wonder if it's comfortable to lie down in bed wearing M-100 with head on pillow...

Probably depends on the pillow. The softer the pillow, the less push on the headphone?

It's an M-80. Val posted the pics and told us the story about how he met her and gave her his M-80 because she came across as rather cool.

Aug 18, 2012 at 5:26 AM Post #5,031 of 23,366
Quote:
It's an M-80. Val posted the pics and told us the story about how he met her and gave her his M-80 because she came across as rather cool.

Those are the LP headphones. The M-80 doesn't have the 3 front wing plate screws (let alone replaceable wing plates), and it definitely looks circumaural as opposed to supra-aural.

Aug 18, 2012 at 5:35 AM Post #5,033 of 23,366
Quote:
It looks big to be an M80 plus the wing plates in the pictures has screws which the M80 doesn't have.

It's not a off the shelf M-80 it belonged to Val and if I remember right he said it was a M-80. I'm guessing it was some type of possible color scheme he was experimenting with for a white M-80. If you look at one of the pics you'll see the headphone is hanging around her neck. An LP2's cups are to large to hang around your neck. As for the headphone looking big on her head a lot of Japanese women are tiny. Maybe I'm wrong it wouldn't be the first time I made a mistake and it won't be the last. If I am sorry for the confusion but I remember him saying it was a M-80. If you're really curious ask Val he'll probably remember far better then me considering he was the guy who gifted them away. Better yet ask Currawong, he took the last picture posted when he was at a headphone show a few months ago. I think it was at the last Fuji Avec headphone show or something having to do with Fuji Avec.

Currawong if you're around could you please clear up the confusion on what headphone the girl is wearing please.

Aug 18, 2012 at 5:39 AM Post #5,034 of 23,366
Quote:
It's not a off the shelf M-80 it belonged to Val and if I remember right he said it was a M-80. If you look at one of the pics you'll see the headphone is hanging around her neck. A LP2 headphones cups are to large to hang around your neck. As for the headphone looking big on her head a lot of Japanese women are tiny. Maybe I'm wrong it wouldn't be the first time I made a mistake and it won't be the last. If I am sorry for the confusion but I remember him saying it was a M-80. If you're really curious ask Val he'll probably remember far better then me considering he was the guy who gifted them away.

M-80

LP/LP2/M-100

Aug 18, 2012 at 8:00 AM Post #5,036 of 23,366
It was a pair of LP2s. IIRC Val had been wearing them while he was walking around, though he is ALWAYS wearing a pair of V-MODA headphones. I wish I had thought to video the scene when Val gave them to her, it was hilarious.

Aug 18, 2012 at 8:04 AM Post #5,037 of 23,366
Quote:
It was a pair of LP2s. IIRC Val had been wearing them while he was walking around, though he is ALWAYS wearing a pair of V-MODA headphones. I wish I had thought to video the scene when Val gave them to her, it was hilarious.

Thanks Currawong, I now stand corrected. Sorry about the confusion guys for whatever reason I erroneously thought Val said they were M-80's. My apologies for the confusion and being such a dunce.

Aug 18, 2012 at 8:14 AM Post #5,038 of 23,366
can someone verify what colour cable each colour scheme will come with as standard? Id hate to get a shadow with orange cable

Aug 18, 2012 at 9:17 AM Post #5,040 of 23,366
762 unread posts, screw it, recap? Should I be forwarding my shield designs to bentley for my Prize?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back