V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Aug 14, 2012 at 5:11 AM Post #4,354 of 23,366
Quote:

No orange cable has been shown yet.

Some photos from earlier in this post:

Sorry, miceblue, that you had to go through all that, and thanks, but....I never mentioned the word "cable" in my post. I just said "orange". XD
Quote:

I don't think that's necessarily the M-80 headband. Yes, it is the same material/finish as the M-80 headband, but I would imagine this one is larger (both longer and wider). Basically took the design of the M-80 headband and scaled it up.

Edit: the material might actually be a bit different too. I remember Val saying something about how it is ridiculously stench-resistant or something lol.

I think he was just talking in general V-MODA, not something that is recently new from V-MODA.
Quote:
A note concerning aesthetics that I haven't seen mentioned yet, it looks like the wing plates on the M-100 cannot be swapped.  In this regard, it's more M-80 than LP.  I'm also wondering if the gray strip has been kept under the matte's headband or if it has been fully "murdered out" in the final revision.

By grey strip, do you mean the cushion under the headband?
Quote:
Crossfade LPs for $79.95 in today's Amazon Deal of the Day... The M-100 feels oh so close now. 

wow. Too bad I'm not obsessed with bass.

Aug 14, 2012 at 5:54 AM Post #4,357 of 23,366
It already exploded, had 46 new replies over the night on this thread. lol I was thinking maybe the PPU units were made available but nope, I don't even wanna imagine how it will be like when all the details about the headphone and PPU units are made available.

Aug 14, 2012 at 6:05 AM Post #4,358 of 23,366
Quote:
Gonna go sleep soon, just hoping they don't start until I wake up again!

Val Tweeted (I feel dirty for typing that...) that he had arrived back in the US a few hours ago.  I think we're most likely going to get an update tomorrow.  I could be wrong, but either way is fine by me.

EDIT:

And the LPs on Amazon for $79 is a heck of a deal.  Grab the gunmetal/black version, snag the custom matte black shields off of v-moda.com for $25 and you have the sweet look of the special edition LP2 for just over $100.  Those looking for a fun headphone that plays well with rap/hip-hop/pop/electronic would be wise to save the $200 and opt for this deal over the M-100...

Aug 14, 2012 at 6:47 AM Post #4,360 of 23,366
Olpne ululated thith thuthly:
Sorry, miceblue, that you had to go through all that, and thanks, but....I never mentioned the word "cable" in my post. I just said "orange". XD

There seem to have been a fair number of allusions to orange cables no matter what the original source.  The comment by Val to which you're reef-erring pertained to the box, but another referred to the orange cable. Still other orange-cable comments alluded to V-Moda's FB page, where I found no indication as to what posters had seen (but perhaps I didn't dig enough).

This looks to be the source of the zesty rumor (which I hope proves true, jungblood):

Quoth Val K.:
I like the Valykyr Valkyria ideas... or just M-100 SS (Signature Series)

M-100 SS

nonetheless, this thing is going to rock! I made a decision for the Matte Black Model to have ORANGE cable for the audio only.  But he talked me into making it orange for the mic'd cables.  So this project has had so much input, I'll give people credit!

the great thing about SS is I test each one, so in fact they should be > than MP units.  Now I gotta fight for 50 or 100 per color, hmmmmm...

HERE IS A TEASE TEST SHOT we did... plz note test shots can be different... just keeping you updated on WHAT we are up to!

Quoth Dorpheus (who was not alone):
Same here, is it the Shadow scheme that has the orange cable with it? But then again the matte scheme comes with some kind of surprise, according to Val.

Quoth UnicornwittaGun:
Hey Val, i remember something about orange cables being posted... will that be the only option?

Quoth DrHouse:
Has anyone got a preview pic of the black/orange, or are we still waiting?

Aug 14, 2012 at 7:30 AM Post #4,362 of 23,366
Quote:
Slightly offtopic, but this remark by Val makes me wonder what companies would like to buy V-MODA. HP perhaps
cool.gif

@ValKolton:

2many2list.

I am trying my hardest to keep V-MODA family owned, this way I can focus on the consumer vs quarterly earnings.  this is so difficult.

Happiness to me is bringing better sound with amazing and REFRESHING product design that has the best quality in the world.  If my products are in museums worldwide when I die, I am happy.  

I want to build M-100, then Revolver, Milano and VENI as the best headphones on the planet as my primary focus.

After that, I need a few years back in Italy to focus on the future and drawing... 

I DREW A NEW HEADPHONE STAND TONIGHT.. want to see?

Aug 14, 2012 at 7:36 AM Post #4,365 of 23,366
Quote:

I want to build M-100, then Revolver, Milano and VENI as the best headphones on the planet as my primary focus.

Any plans for stats/orthos?

Quote:

I DREW A NEW HEADPHONE STAND TONIGHT.. want to see?

You tease... I bet if it goes into production it'll be cheaper than the Omega. :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back