V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Aug 14, 2012 at 2:53 AM Post #4,337 of 23,366
Thanks, aleki.
Quote:

I read a testimonial on Amazon.com about this, and it sounds like what's been happening with my headphones more or less:

It doesn't seem like a common problem though.

Yeah, I read that too somewhere. Idk if Val once mentioned something about having addressed that problem, and it was fixed for the LP2. I think. Maybe I'm making it up. Idk.

Aug 14, 2012 at 3:06 AM Post #4,338 of 23,366
Quote:
Thanks, aleki.

Yeah, I read that too somewhere. Idk if Val once mentioned something about having addressed that problem, and it was fixed for the LP2. I think. Maybe I'm making it up. Idk.

I believe he said that this was a problem with the earlier batches of LPs because the screws were too tight, but it has been fixed since then.

Aug 14, 2012 at 3:07 AM Post #4,339 of 23,366
Hadn't been following this thread for the past month or so. 

Was there a photo of the matte black M100s with orange cables?  Interested to see that look: whether the cabs would be solid orange or V-Moda orange (a pattern of orange and black) and how either looks with black matte overall.  My mental image of solid would look particularly good under stage lights (a bit like a Murderbox under the black variety, only fitted to the skulls of performing pomosapiens). Still, not everyone's imagination is the same, nor am I an industrial designer.

Aug 14, 2012 at 3:10 AM Post #4,340 of 23,366
Quote:

Was there a photo of the matte black M100s with orange cables?  Interested to see whether they might be solid orange or V-Moda orange (a pattern of orange and black) and how either looks with black matte overall.  My mental image of solid orange would look particularly good under stage lights (a bit like Murderboxes with cooling, only fitted to the skulls of pomosapiens), but not everyone's imagination is the same, and I'm not an industrial designer.

Haven't seen the Orange cables yet either but yeah i have read about them in this thread. Don't think there is pictures yet

Aug 14, 2012 at 3:11 AM Post #4,341 of 23,366
Quote:

Was there a photo of the matte black M100s with orange cables?  Interested to see whether they might be solid orange or V-Moda orange (a pattern of orange and black) and how either looks with black matte overall.  My mental image of solid orange would look particularly good under stage lights (a bit like Murderboxes with cooling, only fitted to the skulls of pomosapiens), but not everyone's imagination is the same, and I'm not an industrial designer.

There hasn't been a pic yet, unless I've somehow missed it. Just Val confirming there will be one.

Aug 14, 2012 at 3:15 AM Post #4,342 of 23,366
Thanks, DaBomb77766.

There's only been orange visible so far on the stitching on the zipper for that brownish good looking case, posted by, I think, Anakchan. When it comes to pretty, I think that's been the prettiest so far by V-MODA.

Hehe, I'm sure some have been wondering how come people haven't been talking much about that photo.

I would surely like to see more of that headphone.

Aug 14, 2012 at 3:41 AM Post #4,347 of 23,366
Quote:
Thanks, DaBomb77766.

There's only been orange visible so far on the stitching on the zipper for that brownish good looking case, posted by, I think, Anakchan. When it comes to pretty, I think that's been the prettiest so far by V-MODA.

Hehe, I'm sure some have been wondering how come people haven't been talking much about that photo.

I would surely like to see more of that headphone.

No orange cable has been shown yet.

Some photos from earlier in this post:

^earlier models of the matte-black M-100?

^updated version of the matte-black M-100?

Aug 14, 2012 at 3:44 AM Post #4,348 of 23,366
Quote:

That's the M-80's headband, not the LP/LP2's. 
I hope Val will have an answer regarding the headband length, it's keeping me up at night. 

I don't think that's necessarily the M-80 headband. Yes, it is the same material/finish as the M-80 headband, but I would imagine this one is larger (both longer and wider). Basically took the design of the M-80 headband and scaled it up.

Edit: the material might actually be a bit different too. I remember Val saying something about how it is ridiculously stench-resistant or something lol.

Aug 14, 2012 at 3:51 AM Post #4,349 of 23,366
A note concerning aesthetics that I haven't seen mentioned yet, it looks like the wing plates on the M-100 cannot be swapped.  In this regard, it's more M-80 than LP.  I'm also wondering if the gray strip has been kept under the matte's headband or if it has been fully "murdered out" in the final revision.

Aug 14, 2012 at 4:05 AM Post #4,350 of 23,366
Quote:
A note concerning aesthetics that I haven't seen mentioned yet, it looks like the wing plates on the M-100 cannot be swapped.  In this regard, it's more M-80 than LP.  I'm also wondering if the gray strip has been kept under the matte's headband or if it has been fully "murdered out" in the final revision.

Are you talking about the plastic bits at the ends of the headband (where the yokes come out of)?

As far as the gray strip, that's gotta be the thing that has been made black in order to fully murder out the M-100s. The strip around the cups is definitely black now (unlike the LPs) and to go fully murdered the gray strip has to be blacked out now-good thinking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back