V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Jun 24, 2012 at 11:58 PM Post #2,251 of 23,366
Hey Val, when does the M-100MANIA code expire? Because I don't want to order shields before I get the headphone and if it expires when the m-100s come out, then that'd just be unfortunate.

Jun 25, 2012 at 12:28 AM Post #2,252 of 23,366
we just thought of the most  new color scheme.... stay tuned, I am trying to comp it up! 

[rhetorical]
I sure hope you're not thinking of the Japanese "kawaii" bright pink with purple Hello Kitty silhouettes :wink:!!
[/rhetorical]

Jun 25, 2012 at 12:36 AM Post #2,253 of 23,366
Quote:
[rhetorical]
I sure hope you're not thinking of the Japanese "kawaii" bright pink with purple Hello Kitty silhouettes :wink:!!
[/rhetorical]

I am so on that.

Jun 25, 2012 at 12:40 AM Post #2,254 of 23,366
Quote:
Hey Val, when does the M-100MANIA code expire? Because I don't want to order shields before I get the headphone and if it expires when the m-100s come out, then that'd just be unfortunate.

Apparently it will be going on past mid-summer. They're going to be getting in blue and matte black shiels, and I was told that the code would still be working at that time.

Jun 25, 2012 at 1:10 AM Post #2,255 of 23,366
Quote:
She is gorgeous. She also has a small head, or those M-100s are massive. Look at her hand! She can barely cup the thing.

I also see that she has her headphones over her hair. For serious listening, would you guys brush your hair out of the way? Or just slap on your headphones without even bothering? 

Jun 25, 2012 at 1:28 AM Post #2,256 of 23,366
Quote:
we just thought of the most  new color scheme.... stay tuned, I am trying to comp it up! 

Most new color scheme... Hmm... Didn't catch that the first time I read it. Most new... Most new...
Val, did you and the V-MODA team invent a color?

Vred? Vreen? Vellow? Vilver and vlack? Maybe even a color scheme that human eyes can't see like, VultraViolet? What kind of colors are most new??? VINDIGO? ARE YOU WORKING WITH CRAYOLA???

Jun 25, 2012 at 1:36 AM Post #2,257 of 23,366
Quote:
Most new color scheme... Hmm... Didn't catch that the first time I read it. Most new... Most new...
Val, did you and the V-MODA team invent a color?

Vred? Vreen? Vellow? Vilver and vlack? Maybe even a color scheme that human eyes can't see like, VultraViolet? What kind of colors are most new??? VINDIGO? ARE YOU WORKING WITH CRAYOLA???

NO, it's a mix of V-Moda and Teal, called VEAL.

.... Wait - now it sounds like it should taste good instead of sound good.

Jun 25, 2012 at 3:16 AM Post #2,259 of 23,366
I also see that she has her headphones over her hair. For serious listening, would you guys brush your hair out of the way? Or just slap on your headphones without even bothering? 

If I had long hair, I would do whatever reflected my pride in long locks. Sadly, that is not my destiny, though I know there are many other good looks.

Speaking of good looks, here are some pics I gathered from around the 'net of V-MODA's Crossfades, which essentially look about the same as the forthcoming M-100, minus a folding hinge. I also want to point out how, in person, chrome shields aren't like "white/gray shiny metal," but more... Mirror like, so they pick up ambient color. That, along with the relatively conservative thickness of the driver housing and "ridge" that lends appearance to bending to fit the shape of your head, help to make these headphones cut a very sharp look. Not Insect-like or Cybermen as some headphones make a person look when actually on-head.

Check out Jennifer Love-Hewitt in teal/turquoise, LOL! Looks good to me :)
http://www4.images.coolspotters.com/photos/513298/jennifer-love-hewitt-and-v-moda-crossfade-lp-headset-gallery.jpg
http://www.theurbangent.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/v-moda-crossfade-lp-urbangent3.jpg
http://www.themusicninja.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/MorganPage2.jpg
Steven Mejias from Stereophile's "The Entry Level"
http://blog.stereophile.com/stephenmejias/in-the-office_450.jpg

Jun 25, 2012 at 3:27 AM Post #2,260 of 23,366
I'm honestly not a big fan of the chrome look, myself.  I dunno about anyone else, but to me it kind of makes it look a little bit cheap.  I guess I'm just not too into that look, though I can see why someone else might like it.  It doesn't seem V-Moda has been focusing on that look at all recently though - I wonder if that style sells more or less than any of the others?

Jun 25, 2012 at 4:41 AM Post #2,261 of 23,366
Quote:
I'm honestly not a big fan of the chrome look, myself.  I dunno about anyone else, but to me it kind of makes it look a little bit cheap.  I guess I'm just not too into that look, though I can see why someone else might like it.  It doesn't seem V-Moda has been focusing on that look at all recently though - I wonder if that style sells more or less than any of the others?

I agree, but the main reason I don't like it, is because I think it looks flashy and I don't like things that stand out too much.

Jun 25, 2012 at 9:45 AM Post #2,263 of 23,366
Quote:
Like I said, for one thing, Val has said very little other than that he is delaying the release to further fine-tune his product.  To expect a release, of even PPUs, at the original release date is being very optimistic.  Very rarely do you see things go ahead of schedule, and releasing PPU's at the original launch date would be ahead of schedule considering he said there were delays. 

I think you've made you're point plenty of times already.  If Val wants to put up more pictures, that's his choice.  For now, you can look at the LP2 if you're that desperate for pictures.  We all know what the M-100 will look like.

I know you're very enthusiastic about the M-100's and you have every right to be, as it is a very hyped-up product.  But for now, lets take it down a notch, and let Val do his thing.

I prefer no information to misinformation.  There are legitimate business reasons why Val can't share everything immediately.  As much as I want these headphones, I agree that we have to trust Val has a plan in place that is being executed behind the scenes and that he wants to get these puppies in our hands as quickly as possible to recoup their extensive R&D investment.  For me, I already have all the information I need to know that I want to be first in line to order them.

Jun 25, 2012 at 11:23 AM Post #2,264 of 23,366
@Craigster75...about your SigPros vs M-100, if you're able to hold off on your decision I highly recommend you to do so. Initially when I saw your post in the SigPro thread, I was going to say that the M-100 and the SigPros were just comparing apples to oranges (based on my initial impressions of the prototype M-100s I heard in the Fujiya May Headphone Festival, I've just had an opportunity to have a listen to a (majorly!!) updated version of the M-100s tonight and reverse my initial impressions. So if you're able to wait, please do so.

For those of you whom may have heard the prototypes of the M-100 either in April or May, all I can say for now is that with what I've heard tonight at least in my opinion, forget what you may have heard in the earlier prototypes :D. I'm waiting somewhat for a go-ahead (of what I can say in it's SQ, or show in pix) before saying anymore.

But one final note for those who are questioning if the M-100 are worth its proposed/estimated $300, at least in my opinion in a word - a resounding "YES!" in comparison to what's available in the market now. I really don't wanna sound so much of a V-Moda fanboy but in tonight's "gathering", let's just say that I've come out of the dinner/meet smiling. This is from a FitEar TO GO! 334, Fostex TH900, and Stax SR-009 user.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back