V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Jun 24, 2012 at 3:20 PM Post #2,221 of 23,366
Quote:
Not wanting to read through the 100 pages of forum...but I'm wondering...what is this Valkyria stuff going on?

*Oh and do we have a rough estimate as to when the M100s may come out?

Valkyria and Valkyrie are the two bigger name suggestions for the name we will be giving the production units and their testing brethren. V-MODA puts them through a lot to make sure that they are ready for production - from heat testing, to drop testing and more, so they need a name for their sacrifice, haha.

Also, the estimated date is shortly after June 4th, but the PPUs will be released earlier, seeing as they're just that.. Pre-Production Units.

Jun 24, 2012 at 3:45 PM Post #2,222 of 23,366
I've already successfully convinced my fiance to get an M-100. She's tried my M-80, and she loves the sound, but prefers the bigger form factor of the LP2. I've got myself a convert. 
cool.gif

Jun 24, 2012 at 4:54 PM Post #2,226 of 23,366
To get a feel of if the Crash Test Dummies of the M-100 are even worthwhile and what to name them, it would probably be good to see what they really look like after all of that abuse.  Are we collectively naming the fresh out of the box pre-production units and the violently tested ones the same?  There really should be some distinction between the two (as they will be very different in both appearance and life expectancy).

Jun 24, 2012 at 4:58 PM Post #2,227 of 23,366
Quote:
I wouldn't count on it Craigster.  July 4th was the suggested release but seem to be some delays because of the case, et.al....  As Val said on the Recycle thread, "I don't have a date yet, they are done when they are done".

Yeah - but the date was previously July 4th, and since he is finishing things up now - I don't expect them to be released much later than that. I think we can expect the PPUs around July 4th, and the full release a week or two after that.

Jun 24, 2012 at 6:36 PM Post #2,231 of 23,366
I just saw some V-Moda Crossfade LP today and they are much bigger than I imagined...will the M100 be the same size (I was looking into these mainly for portability) 

Jun 24, 2012 at 6:39 PM Post #2,232 of 23,366
Quote:
I just saw some V-Moda Crossfade LP today and they are much bigger than I imagined...will the M100 be the same size (I was looking into these mainly for portability) 

How big did you think they were? I only have Audio Technica ATH-M50's at the moment, so would they be bigger than them?

The M-100's and LP1/2's all use the same shields, so I would assume that they have the same size.

Jun 24, 2012 at 6:48 PM Post #2,233 of 23,366
Quote:
How big did you think they were? I only have Audio Technica ATH-M50's at the moment, so would they be bigger than them?

Well I think they would be a little smaller than the ATH-M50 for sure, but still seemed allot larger than I imagined, width and height were as expected but they stick out further (as in depth of the cups were larger than expected) and there is a big gap between the arms and the side of my head I do have a small head though haha 

Not sure if M100 will have a better fit on my head but with the hinge being there I dont think they will sit any more flush to the side of my head unfortunatly but its so hard without pics or having it infront of you...and I dont expect the UK shops to be stocking the M100 any time soon for me to find out :frowning2: 

Jun 24, 2012 at 7:01 PM Post #2,234 of 23,366
Quote:
Not sure if M100 will have a better fit on my head but with the hinge being there I dont think they will sit any more flush to the side of my head unfortunatly but its so hard without pics or having it infront of you...

We still need pictures - we're less than half a month until the launch window.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back