V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Feb 26, 2012 at 8:01 PM Post #376 of 23,366
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=OCRo50UhLB4

From CES 2012...I guess we haven't quite gotten to the white M-80s yet, though they are sweet looking. I say keep focused on the M-100!!! 
L3000.gif

Different jack, huh? What's that about?! Oh, the wait is tantalizing!

Feb 26, 2012 at 10:05 PM Post #378 of 23,366
I was hoping for somehow being able to make a physical adjustment, but if the headband is the only way to do it, then I guess it will have to work.

I don't necessarily think swivels are the key, just a way to make an adjustment for future products.  I was thinking either a ball in socket mechanism or some if we can tighten a couple of screws to change the angle at where the earcups hang, that would be good enough. Just a thought for future headphones, since this is so far along in the design. 

Feb 26, 2012 at 10:45 PM Post #380 of 23,366
so maybe they should make that an option with the customizable plates...vented and without vents.

Feb 26, 2012 at 11:11 PM Post #381 of 23,366
you are right...the beats win in build quality but the Souls do sound better.

Feb 26, 2012 at 11:18 PM Post #382 of 23,366
...can you speak on any modification options that are upcoming for the M-100?  I've heard rumors of wood grain plates.  :)

Feb 27, 2012 at 3:57 AM Post #383 of 23,366
Wait... Is the m-100 the revolver?

Feb 27, 2012 at 7:15 AM Post #385 of 23,366

Quote:
From what I can tell, no. The revolver is the supposed amp that Val might come out with.

Did you check this link, given earlier in this thread?

http://www.soundandvisionmag.com/image/v-moda-m-100-shadow

From the link:
The new M-100 over-ear headphone is a larger version of the M-80, with 50mm drivers.

and:
Kolton also showed me a prototype of the company’s upcoming flagship model, the Revolver. True to its name, the earpieces revolve on beefy metal pivots. You can choose your own side plates from eight different woodgrains, CNC billet metal, or carbon fiber. Expect an April introduction.

So the Revolver is not the amp. Assuming the writer has got his facts correct, that sounds like two sets of headphones coming out in April. Val, you're killing me.

Feb 27, 2012 at 8:35 AM Post #386 of 23,366
We should wait until Val confirms all this LOL! Or maybe it's like the extra version like the V-80, and this would be the R-100?

Feb 27, 2012 at 9:16 AM Post #387 of 23,366
Update - I did one more 40mm version of a M-100, and it sounds amazing.  But I think overall the 50mm I signed off on the other day is perfect and less fatiguing for longer listening sessions.  Initially I sometimes think the 40mm is better, but after 20 minutes it just seems too "agressive" or staging isn't where I want it.  After all, the original LP is analogous to mean "Long Play" or "Live Play" and this is our theme.

I say 50! So I think it's done guys, I am so thrilled with the sound - it's truly the best headphone I've ever listened to and I truly believe this sound straight out of an iPhone 4/4S unamped is a real steal at $299. So, goal accomplished and I'm coming home! 

it's hard to believe I've done this ultra fine tuning since way before Canjam Denver even though so many people loved the earlier versions (including CNET, Beatweek Best of CES). If V-MODA were a public or profit driven company we would have had to release long ago and rush to market.  Thank god we are unique, boutique and family owned! 

We are truly trying to build the people's product!  

-V

Feb 27, 2012 at 9:27 AM Post #388 of 23,366
VAL AND V-MODA FOREVER! HAIL V-MODA! LOL!!!!:D

Feb 27, 2012 at 9:37 AM Post #389 of 23,366

Quote:
Update - I did one more 40mm version of a M-100, and it sounds amazing.  But I think overall the 50mm I signed off on the other day is perfect and less fatiguing for longer listening sessions.  Initially I sometimes think the 40mm is better, but after 20 minutes it just seems too "agressive" or staging isn't where I want it.  After all, the original LP is analogous to mean "Long Play" or "Live Play" and this is our theme.

I say 50! So I think it's done guys, I am so thrilled with the sound - it's truly the best headphone I've ever listened to and I truly believe this sound straight out of an iPhone 4/4S unamped is a real steal at $299. So, goal accomplished and I'm coming home! 

it's hard to believe I've done this ultra fine tuning since way before Canjam Denver even though so many people loved the earlier versions (including CNET, Beatweek Best of CES). If V-MODA were a public or profit driven company we would have had to release long ago and rush to market.  Thank god we are unique, boutique and family owned! 

-V

If you are trying to build a people's product make the headphones fully closed. I don't want that my girly Japanese music leaks to the whole world....I would have bought Vmodas, because they looks awesome and looks durable, but of course they have to have those air holes that will leak the music... /: .

I'm sorry about the rant, but I just had to say it, because I want fully closed Vmodas... Oh well... Cool product anyways...

EDIT: Also I fear that snow or some rain will go in the holes and my army durable headphones would be broken in a month...

Feb 27, 2012 at 9:53 AM Post #390 of 23,366

Quote:

-V

Send some over to me and I'd be happy to test for you 
gs1000.gif
!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back