V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Feb 27, 2012 at 10:01 AM Post #391 of 23,366

Quote:
If you are trying to build a people's product make the headphones fully closed. I don't want that my girly Japanese music leaks to the whole world....I would have bought Vmodas, because they looks awesome and looks durable, but of course they have to have those air holes that will leak the music... /: .

I'm sorry about the rant, but I just had to say it, because I want fully closed Vmodas... Oh well... Cool product anyways...

EDIT: Also I fear that snow or some rain will go in the holes and my army durable headphones would be broken in a month...

The vents aren't FULLY operational as some people took them apart discovered - it's a delicate balance of cosmetic to symbolize "VENI VIDI VICI", and 3D staging, and yes Alice the frequencies are optimized to minimize leakage.  The music barely leaks IMO when ON the head.  I rarely hear anything when we do focus groups, shows or audiophile "pepsi" challenges, so this is the way we test leakage.  

If you listen to them not sealed to the ears and in your hand, it'll sound like they may be leaking, but in reality that is coming from the driver that would normally seal on your ear.  Too many people are testing it not on another person's head to come to this conclusion IMO.  Try it on another persons noggin' to know!  lol

Feb 27, 2012 at 10:02 AM Post #392 of 23,366
Can't wait to use this on my productions! It's my birthday on April 6th, if you want to send a pair my way in time for my birthday I wouldn't complain :p

Feb 27, 2012 at 10:06 AM Post #393 of 23,366
Too bad my birthday is on 16 march the m-100 wouldn't be ready by then yet :frowning2:

Feb 27, 2012 at 11:06 AM Post #394 of 23,366
Val- So now that you've pretty much completed the M-100 let's get into the "Revolver" a bit.  Are the rumors true about the wood grain?  What's you target for the sound? 

New thread???

Feb 27, 2012 at 11:19 AM Post #395 of 23,366
Val your killing my pocket.

I'm a broke a55 student, eish, either im going to buy the M100 (to review alongside Denon D2k (already own) and Ultrasone hfi-780.)
Or im going to skip on the M100 and Ultrasone 780, and get the Revolver.

1 or the other, I have an expensive woman, so cant do both
tongue_smile.gif

Feb 27, 2012 at 11:35 AM Post #396 of 23,366

Quote:
Can't wait to use this on my productions! It's my birthday on April 6th, if you want to send a pair my way in time for my birthday I wouldn't complain :p

I want some final ones too, I'm dying for the final version yet I'm listening to them now (the final has more secret features I haven't publicized).  My bday is April 8!

HERE IS A PIC CELEBRATING LOCKING OF THE SOUND CURVE BASED ON THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE'S VOICES GOING THROUGH MY HEAD AND EARS, HUGE THANKS TO EVERYONE.

YES I'M SPORTING A GREEN AQUAMAN SHIRT...  

Feb 27, 2012 at 11:39 AM Post #397 of 23,366
You have my sword, my shield, and all of my money for the coming weeks until the release of this glorious dream product, Val.

Also, if you do plan on tossing out a few to the crowd like you did with the M-80's, I may not have the ability to compare other pro headphones (since the M-100's would be my first owned), but I do have an extreme range of music genres that I would be able to run them through.

That said I know there are far better people than I on this forum that could better review them. Just thought to toss my hat in the possible ring!

Feb 27, 2012 at 12:01 PM Post #399 of 23,366
Val, I envy you. That feeling of signing off a prototype into production, while reminiscing the hard work and the sleepless nights, endless fine tuning, eventually leading you to this point....

Definitely a triple V moment for you...

Feb 27, 2012 at 1:24 PM Post #401 of 23,366

Quote:

I want some final ones too, I'm dying for the final version yet I'm listening to them now (the final has more secret features I haven't publicized).  My bday is April 8!

HERE IS A PIC CELEBRATING LOCKING OF THE SOUND CURVE BASED ON THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE'S VOICES GOING THROUGH MY HEAD AND EARS, HUGE THANKS TO EVERYONE.

YES I'M SPORTING A GREEN AQUAMAN SHIRT...  

Awesome you have same day birthday as I do... I turn 19 on 8th april... 
Anyways I might get the M100, because m80 sounds damn interesting and m100 will better, I hope....

Hahaha I could pre-order the M100 on 8th aprill and get a birthday discount? xD . lol I could send the copy of my passport lol lol lol. Just dreaming about discount ^^

Feb 27, 2012 at 3:00 PM Post #402 of 23,366
Val...any projected drop date for the Revolver?

Feb 27, 2012 at 5:43 PM Post #403 of 23,366

Quote:

The vents aren't FULLY operational as some people took them apart discovered - it's a delicate balance of cosmetic to symbolize "VENI VIDI VICI", and 3D staging, and yes Alice the frequencies are optimized to minimize leakage.  The music barely leaks IMO when ON the head.  I rarely hear anything when we do focus groups, shows or audiophile "pepsi" challenges, so this is the way we test leakage.  

If you listen to them not sealed to the ears and in your hand, it'll sound like they may be leaking, but in reality that is coming from the driver that would normally seal on your ear.  Too many people are testing it not on another person's head to come to this conclusion IMO.  Try it on another persons noggin' to know!  lol

Or just press both sides together when off your head - one speaker to the other - then the only sound you hear is that coming from the ports.  Even at moderate levels, the leakage couldn't be heard by the folks sitting next to me on international flights.  Another interesting trick to try (and make you appreciate the porting they did) is to use your fingers to cover up those ports as you're listening to music.  The bass response cuts in half!  Good work... looking forward to the 100's or Revolver and the amp.  Definitely should get a new thread started for each of those!

Feb 27, 2012 at 5:45 PM Post #404 of 23,366

Quote:

You've got to watch that "V" sign, you just insulted a lot of Head-fiers in the UK, Australia, etc :wink:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/V_sign_as_an_insult#V_sign_as_an_insult

As for the Aquaman T-shirt, I'm thinking you now need to make a cameo appearance on the Big Bang Theory as a geeky headphones guy. Move over Wil Wheaton!

Feb 27, 2012 at 6:27 PM Post #405 of 23,366

Quote:

You've got to watch that "V" sign, you just insulted a lot of Head-fiers in the UK, Australia, etc :wink:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/V_sign_as_an_insult#V_sign_as_an_insult

As for the Aquaman T-shirt, I'm thinking you now need to make a cameo appearance on the Big Bang Theory as a geeky headphones guy. Move over Wil Wheaton!

Wow, never knew that, I am surprised.  I'll reverse the hand next time, for VICTORY and PEACE!

Quote:
Val, I envy you. That feeling of signing off a prototype into production, while reminiscing the hard work and the sleepless nights, endless fine tuning, eventually leading you to this point....

Definitely a triple V moment for you...

Grazie... it really was special!  

I've spent the last few days in a massive flashback considering the thousands of feedback variables from people I've talked to (ranging from famous producers, kids, teens, biz travellers, audiophiles, buyers, etc) and comments over the years from all media, forums, Amazon, Apple employees...  this one was my hardest as I now have so many different target groups to consider.  
Now it is onward to the next!

Quote:
Awesome you have same day birthday as I do... I turn 19 on 8th april... 

Hahaha I could pre-order the M100 on 8th aprill and get a birthday discount? xD . lol I could send the copy of my passport lol lol lol. Just dreaming about discount ^^

Sweet, I wish I were turning 19 too! "What me discount?", well in consideration of the people who helped me with vital feedback on these projects I'll think of something special.   

Quote:
Val...any projected drop date for the Revolver?

"when it's done", its been 8 years already, I definitely don't want to rush this project! but I can't let it Duke Nukem Forever either, so it definitely launches this year.  let me start a thread on it when I get some time in a few weeks, ok?  I'll intro it with the vision, goals and why it's been such a hard endeavor and the lessons learned that went into other projects.

as always, excuse any grammar errors as I sometimes type faster than my brain as I have lots of things to work on, but I love forums!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back