V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Jul 5, 2016 at 10:10 PM Post #22,636 of 23,366
Wanted to love m100 for the style and how they fold and their bass but compared them to Monentum 2 and got momentum 2. Momentums were more balanced and much better mids. M100 mids were recessed to me I thought back to back comparison.

Jul 5, 2016 at 11:19 PM Post #22,637 of 23,366
Wanted to love m100 for the style and how they fold and their bass but compared them to Monentum 2 and got momentum 2. Momentums were more balanced and much better mids. M100 mids were recessed to me I thought back to back comparison.

Everyone has a different preference. If I was using one pair for all my music listening, I would pick the momentum as it is better for overall genre switching, however, for pure hip hop or even most contemporary R&B I prefer the m100. I find the bass on the momentum decent, but the mids are just boring to me. Clean, yes, but I didn't enjoy it for those genres. The m100 is much more fun. Playing through a good headphones amp for several weeks, I feel like the mids became a bit more prominent. Still a little recessed, but much better. Thankfully I also carry my hifiman edition s for all other genres, so I'm absolutely happy to use my m100 when I want to bump and have fun

Jul 6, 2016 at 12:23 AM Post #22,639 of 23,366
Everyone has a different preference. If I was using one pair for all my music listening, I would pick the momentum as it is better for overall genre switching, however, for pure hip hop or even most contemporary R&B I prefer the m100. I find the bass on the momentum decent, but the mids are just boring to me. Clean, yes, but I didn't enjoy it for those genres. The m100 is much more fun. Playing through a good headphones amp for several weeks, I feel like the mids became a bit more prominent. Still a little recessed, but much better. Thankfully I also carry my hifiman edition s for all other genres, so I'm absolutely happy to use my m100 when I want to bump and have fun

I agree. For hip hop yes. I have a benchmark playlist I use that has a mix of all genres and Vmoda was not as good in the mids but I love the design and how minimal they look for full size over ear headphones. Since I heard it at Best Buy on their headphone stand where they all connect to some switch I am thinking actually to give them another try by just ordering them and do a shootout at home with 100hrs of burn in from Magni2 and iPod classic

Jul 7, 2016 at 4:42 PM Post #22,640 of 23,366
I just purchased a cheapie double cable from amazon to see if the Denon AHD 600 /7100 replacement cable will work. Since I have been the one asking, Ill verify if these are viable options and make any noticable difference.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KX5J274/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

EDIT: I chose this one due to having the Shadow model, and the red should accent my cans :)

Jul 7, 2016 at 4:56 PM Post #22,641 of 23,366
Jul 8, 2016 at 12:29 PM Post #22,643 of 23,366
Jul 8, 2016 at 11:43 PM Post #22,644 of 23,366
is vmoda coming with anew flagship as its been a while

I believe that's what the wireless are, the next version. They provide both wireless and wired sound.

Jul 9, 2016 at 12:17 AM Post #22,646 of 23,366
I agree. For hip hop yes. I have a benchmark playlist I use that has a mix of all genres and Vmoda was not as good in the mids but I love the design and how minimal they look for full size over ear headphones. Since I heard it at Best Buy on their headphone stand where they all connect to some switch I am thinking actually to give them another try by just ordering them and do a shootout at home with 100hrs of burn in from Magni2 and iPod classic

Oh man those so called 'headphone stations' are the pits in a very major way, no way to audition a headphone for sure. You have to have some way of listening to them isolated to you and you alone. If they can't or won't do that at the store then your idea is a very good one.

Jul 9, 2016 at 10:05 AM Post #22,647 of 23,366
  Oh man those so called 'headphone stations' are the pits in a very major way, no way to audition a headphone for sure. You have to have some way of listening to them isolated to you and you alone. If they can't or won't do that at the store then your idea is a very good one.

The store I used to work at allowed you to bring your own source and try any headphone on our headphone wall. We had people come in all the time with their portable stacks. Really to make a decision about a headphone you really need your own music and your own source that you are familiar with to make a final decision.

Jul 9, 2016 at 1:14 PM Post #22,648 of 23,366
My son got me a pair of vmoda wireless headphones last Christmas and I love them. He has m100s and he used to post a lot on headfi but doesn't now, and he told me he used to post a lot on the m100 page. Anyway he made a video a month ago on Youtube about his headphone equipment, with his m100s and personal sound settings he designed for it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sw91tMkpzV8

Pretty neat stuff.

Jul 11, 2016 at 3:39 PM Post #22,649 of 23,366
New article today with Val interview!

"The future looks bright for V-Moda with some new products outside of their traditional headphone brand coming in 2017 that may surprise users. Read on for the interview, especially those who entered the record store day contest."

https://www.headphonezone.in/blogs/news/v-moda-ceo-val-kolton-on-pursuit-for-best-looking-sounding-headphones-by-ryan-of-music-times

Jul 12, 2016 at 9:53 AM Post #22,650 of 23,366
I've had my M-100's for about 2 weeks now, and I was enjoying them. My XL cushions came today. Man, they are SO much more comfortable. And I definitely get a better seal. Maybe they sound a little different; I think that's mostly from the better seal, but maybe I'm just not picking up on it. I also like that the XL cushions are stitched whereas the stock cushions were glued. I've had glued cushions fall apart before. 

Anyway, definitely glad I upgraded to the XL cushions. SO worth the $20.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back