V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Jul 21, 2016 at 4:48 PM Post #22,666 of 23,366
  Your reply is BEGGING for pictures. :) We all want to see :wink:

:wink:

I found two pairs. There was another pair of gray ones that I must have just thrown out. And of course the ones that came on it too. 

Jul 22, 2016 at 12:16 PM Post #22,667 of 23,366
Just curious, is it because of asthetical reasons that you simply haven't just added something underneath the pads to make them deeper as they become compressed? I do that with the headphones I wear (not M100).

Jul 22, 2016 at 5:02 PM Post #22,668 of 23,366
  Just curious, is it because of asthetical reasons that you simply haven't just added something underneath the pads to make them deeper as they become compressed? I do that with the headphones I wear (not M100).

The XL is made in a way where there is nowhere to put anything. The area under the pads is a little narrow.  

I initially tried with the stock pads, but there was lint everywhere no matter what I used and I didn't feel like it was a solution. 

I don't really feel like I should have to worry about any of that anyway. 

I sent an email to V-MODA yesterday and explained in great detail about this issue. They said they will forward it to their design team. I hope they really do take it into consideration. 

Jul 26, 2016 at 9:01 PM Post #22,671 of 23,366
I regret to admit that I was fairly disappointed with these unfortunately.. . Very uncomfortable to wear for long periods of time, you have to buy a new pair of cups. Bass is not as impressive as the mdr xb1000s and mids and highs are very dry and empty. What makes these so special? The factory warranty was neat though

Jul 27, 2016 at 11:19 AM Post #22,672 of 23,366
I got my cable and it works. (The y cable that goes to both cups. Message the seller 'cairimao' on amazon and tell them you need a cable like the denon ah-d7100 but with 2 poles on the headphone terminations, they will make it custom. ~$20.. it warmed up my sound more

Jul 27, 2016 at 11:45 AM Post #22,673 of 23,366
I regret to admit that I was fairly disappointed with these unfortunately.. . Very uncomfortable to wear for long periods of time, you have to buy a new pair of cups. Bass is not as impressive as the mdr xb1000s and mids and highs are very dry and empty. What makes these so special? The factory warranty was neat though
were you listening to music with instruments or electronic? These are really exclusively tuned for electronic genres.

Jul 28, 2016 at 12:08 AM Post #22,674 of 23,366
were you listening to music with instruments or electronic? These are really exclusively tuned for electronic genres.

And Hip-hop as well. Really like Eminem with these. If I had to own just 1 single pair of closed-backs I wouldn't go for the M100, but I've already got a lot of other solid cans for other genres.

Jul 29, 2016 at 4:04 AM Post #22,676 of 23,366

Look I'm not a real audiophile, and I'm relatively new to high-end headphones (check the sig). But I have enjoyed the way music built around live horns sounds on these. I've mostly listened to hip hop and R&B, but I also have some brass band jazz that sounds good (to me) on these. I haven't really listened to anything guitar heavy yet. I may do that tomorrow.

Jul 29, 2016 at 5:31 AM Post #22,677 of 23,366
Look I'm not a real audiophile, and I'm relatively new to high-end headphones (check the sig). But I have enjoyed the way music built around live horns sounds on these. I've mostly listened to hip hop and R&B, but I also have some brass band jazz that sounds good (to me) on these. I haven't really listened to anything guitar heavy yet. I may do that tomorrow.

I find the fact that you say you found some jazz that you feel sounds good on these. In my experience instrumental based music is the main type that I absolutely do not like listening to in the M100. Hip hop and contemporary R&B sound good. But the coloration of the headphones themselves seem to lend an unnatural sound to horns that just does not Ppeal to me. At the same time, headphones the I use for acoustic based music, bore me when it comes to bass driven, contemporary based music. My only issue with these is the slight recessed miss, but a little eq in the 1k,2k range combined with a what some consider a brightish dac (dfr) and I'm extremely happy

Aug 6, 2016 at 2:13 AM Post #22,678 of 23,366
I got my cable and it works. (The y cable that goes to both cups. Message the seller 'cairimao' on amazon and tell them you need a cable like the denon ah-d7100 but with 2 poles on the headphone terminations, they will make it custom. ~$20.. it warmed up my sound more

Thx for this post. Got my cable today. Definitely notice a difference on the Sq. It's opened up some, more full. Don't know if balanced is rge right word, but it definitely feels like there is more there. This combined with my dragonfly red, I'm very happy.

Aug 6, 2016 at 6:00 PM Post #22,680 of 23,366
Hi guys,

Not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but here goes. I am new to the headphone game and recently got the V Moda M100's. I'm loving them so far, but I'm a total bass head. I was wondering if you guys could help me with this bass boosting question.
At what point is it dangerous to bass boost? Let's say I'm using them unamped on my laptop and I have my volume at 100% with the bass boosted at a 75 or 100hz frequency with a bass boost of 12dB. Could this damage my headphones? If I'm listening to a bass heavy song for instance.

I was also wondering if there's an EQ guide of some sorts to get me started with this, because I'm kind of clueless right now and getting mixed answers from other forums... Please correct me if this is in the wrong subreddit

thanks in advance!

Figured I'd ask this on reddit and in here to get the best advice possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back