V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Jul 12, 2016 at 11:24 AM Post #22,651 of 23,366
  I've had my M-100's for about 2 weeks now, and I was enjoying them. My XL cushions came today. Man, they are SO much more comfortable. And I definitely get a better seal. Maybe they sound a little different; I think that's mostly from the better seal, but maybe I'm just not picking up on it. I also like that the XL cushions are stitched whereas the stock cushions were glued. I've had glued cushions fall apart before. 

Anyway, definitely glad I upgraded to the XL cushions. SO worth the $20.

I know right! I bought my pads with my set and have like 4minutes total with the stock pads. I love my XL pads, they were a match made in heaven (lol) from the first time i snapped them on.

I think the sound is also a bit different due to distance from ear as well.. more air able to move around in there.

Jul 14, 2016 at 4:17 AM Post #22,653 of 23,366
Some people say the XL pads are too shallowed but for me that's not a problem. But I don't understand why there are a lot of holes inside the pads. Perhaps for the air to flow?

Got myself an used pair that includes XL pads for only about $110. It looks battered but I'm thinking to repaint the hinge and ask the mom to make me a headband cover. Should look glorious, I hope.

Jul 14, 2016 at 6:32 AM Post #22,654 of 23,366
I have had my M100 since November. Biggest issue I had was ear pain from prolonged wear with the normal pads. I purchased the XL pads and was getting relief for several months. My ears still touched, but not to the same extent. For purely cosmetic reasons I decided to put the original pads back on. I think they definitely look better. Well I had the headphones on with the regular pads for over an hour and experienced no discomfort. Perhaps with the XL pads, I have become desensitized to the angle at which my ears touch the screen perhaps. Don't notice any real negative change in sound quality. So I may be keeping the regular pads on, now that I seem to have adjusted. The $20 was still worth it as 7 months is a long time even though I didn't use them everyday, but when I did, it was for 5-7 hrs at a time

Jul 14, 2016 at 11:38 AM Post #22,655 of 23,366
I have no qualms with the XL pad size and my ears I would say are average sized with a slight outward tilt. I have been using these every day for hours Im talking about 3 hours a day for music and 5 hours a day for gaming for the last 5 months straight (heck, i guess they have a full-time job! :D). My XL pads at this point are squished down some, possibly to the same size of the stock pads haha, maybe ill try the stock ones out again as @Devodonaldson advised his discomfort had changed over time.

Jul 19, 2016 at 9:59 AM Post #22,658 of 23,366
Not sure if this is a dumb question or not. Is there any audio quality difference between the 2 cables that the M100's come with?

I think I read somewhere that a cables with a microphone delivers lower audio quality than a cable without a mic, but I don't know if this is good info or just BS. (I'm new at this whole audiophile thing.) I wasn't able to notice any different in my "switch-back-and-forth" test. But I'm wondering if people smarter than me have any insight?

Thanks in advance!

Jul 19, 2016 at 12:09 PM Post #22,659 of 23,366
  Not sure if this is a dumb question or not. Is there any audio quality difference between the 2 cables that the M100's come with?

I think I read somewhere that a cables with a microphone delivers lower audio quality than a cable without a mic, but I don't know if this is good info or just BS. (I'm new at this whole audiophile thing.) I wasn't able to notice any different in my "switch-back-and-forth" test. But I'm wondering if people smarter than me have any insight?

Thanks in advance!

I honestly have put the cable with inline mic away.. I personally agree with the above statement. The shareplay cable feels like it provides better quality to me (as well as the cable has less memory and doesnt show kinks from being folded. I get a lot more phonics through the cable with the inline mic. I dont know if its the tighter feeling braiding or the mic itself.

Edit: I use mine 90% at home as iem's are my mobile option. If i use these outdoors I do use the shorter cable as the shareplay reaches my knees when walking

Jul 19, 2016 at 5:03 PM Post #22,660 of 23,366
The company I bought the 1 pole cable from (the Y-cable that goes to both cups) is making me a custom one with 2 pole terminations. The estimated time of arrival is late august as their in china and im in US.. so I will update on that upon arrival. 

Jul 20, 2016 at 12:34 AM Post #22,662 of 23,366
  Have anyone noticed that the XL pads might become more shallowed over time?

Yes.... I have an entire pile of squished ones.

I can't use the M100s without the XL pads, so when they compress and don'r recover I have to get new ones. The foam they are made of doesn't seem to recover well.

I realize the M100 has a high clamp pressure, but I think it could be better. I'm just going to buy a set and contact them every time I get a flat set during the warranty. 

I don't put my M100s in the case, or fold them, or store them with anything touching the pads. I pull the headband regularly to try to keep the pressure down. I still have a pile of squished XL pads. You can see on all of them where the grille scraped on my ear like a cheese grater after they got too flat. 

Jul 20, 2016 at 10:56 AM Post #22,663 of 23,366
  Can you give me their contacts? I want to have an Y cable for my M100 too.

PM me.. its from China and I wont have it until mid-late august. I dont want to refer anyone until I know it works.. This is currently a journey and ive had 2 that had not worked so far. If you PM me i will have your username in my inbox if they work ill give you the info to get them.

Jul 20, 2016 at 1:56 PM Post #22,664 of 23,366

...  I still have a pile of squished XL pads. You can see on all of them where the grille scraped on my ear like a cheese grater after they got too flat. 

Your reply is BEGGING for pictures. :) We all want to see :wink:

Jul 20, 2016 at 10:38 PM Post #22,665 of 23,366

I can't use the M100s without the XL pads, so when they compress and don'r recover I have to get new ones. The foam they are made of doesn't seem to recover well.

I realize the M100 has a high clamp pressure, but I think it could be better. I'm just going to buy a set and contact them every time I get a flat set during the warranty. 

I don't put my M100s in the case, or fold them, or store them with anything touching the pads. I pull the headband regularly to try to keep the pressure down. I still have a pile of squished XL pads. You can see on all of them where the grille scraped on my ear like a cheese grater after they got too flat. 

Yep. I'm afraid mine (bought used) might have its sound changed because the memory foam have squished.
  PM me.. its from China and I wont have it until mid-late august. I dont want to refer anyone until I know it works.. This is currently a journey and ive had 2 that had not worked so far. If you PM me i will have your username in my inbox if they work ill give you the info to get them.

L3000.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back