V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Apr 9, 2015 at 8:29 PM Post #21,541 of 23,366
  how many times one can ask a replacement XLpads in  VMODA? I asked for a replacement last December i think because it pretty flattened out after just a few months i bought it. Now the replacement I got is also gotten flat. My ears are starting to get hurt because its resting on the drivers already.

just curious are you using them in the case often?

it seems that from the pictures anyway (i no longer own the m100s) the xl pads looked really squished compared to the stock pads in the original case?

Apr 9, 2015 at 8:51 PM Post #21,542 of 23,366
  just curious are you using them in the case often?

it seems that from the pictures anyway (i no longer own the m100s) the xl pads looked really squished compared to the stock pads in the original case?

No i dont use the case. Actually i only use it at home so it stays out of the case. Never been into the case since i took it out. 

Apr 9, 2015 at 9:25 PM Post #21,543 of 23,366
  how many times one can ask a replacement XLpads in  VMODA? I asked for a replacement last December i think because it pretty flattened out after just a few months i bought it. Now the replacement I got is also gotten flat. My ears are starting to get hurt because its resting on the drivers already.

Same flattening and subsequent pain happened to me. I didn't store mine in the case either. The replacement that I got that was in retail packaging have held up better and I've had them for a while. If yours was in a plastic bag in a plain cardboard box, the next set could be improved, but that's just a suspicion. I also gently pull out the headband a lot to relieve some of the clamping pressure.

Tell them what's up again and give it another try.

The earpads on the V-MODA are the ONE THING.

Apr 10, 2015 at 2:39 AM Post #21,545 of 23,366
An innovative accessory is coming soon for M-100/XS/LP/LP2....

I wish i could show you more, but stay tuned.  You'll be happy you have chosen the right product.

Have you seen BoomPro our gaming mic, it is really becoming popular. Especially for PS4/Xbox One.

Talk soon!

-V

Apr 10, 2015 at 9:13 PM Post #21,547 of 23,366
New DAC/Amp?

We made a prototype Vamp Verza II, but with limited  time/resources we have decided to put it on hold.  Also, the technology hasn't changed too much yet to warrant a new launch.  

I love hi-res and >16/44 as an audiophile and geek, but I feel that LOSSLESS 16-bit/44.1khz is a huge leap above 320kbps MP3 and lightyears beyond napster.  It is the perfect balance for today's bandwidth and storage of portable devices.  I feel all the new streaming services like Tidal will be using 16/44.  Above that there is diminishing returns for the tradeoffs in bandwidth and storage. 

The DAC, OP-AMP, headphone + fitting, QC of headphone brands and environment make a much bigger impact for your overall sound experience.

V-MODA only launches products we feel are truly different and push the bar higher!

As you know, Vamp Verza/Metallo was the first universal docking headphone AMP/battery pack.  

-V

Apr 12, 2015 at 3:35 PM Post #21,548 of 23,366

We made a prototype Vamp Verza II, but with limited  time/resources we have decided to put it on hold.  Also, the technology hasn't changed too much yet to warrant a new launch.  

I love hi-res and >16/44 as an audiophile and geek, but I feel that LOSSLESS 16-bit/44.1khz is a huge leap above 320kbps MP3 and lightyears beyond napster.  It is the perfect balance for today's bandwidth and storage of portable devices.  I feel all the new streaming services like Tidal will be using 16/44.  Above that there is diminishing returns for the tradeoffs in bandwidth and storage. 

The DAC, OP-AMP, headphone + fitting, QC of headphone brands and environment make a much bigger impact for your overall sound experience.

V-MODA only launches products we feel are truly different and push the bar higher!

As you know, Vamp Verza/Metallo was the first universal docking headphone AMP/battery pack.  

-V

u gotta push out a new headphone 

maybe bluetooth one with a dac

Apr 12, 2015 at 5:02 PM Post #21,549 of 23,366
  u gotta push out a new headphone 

maybe bluetooth one with a dac

i think val said somewhere in the past that he will not have anything to do with bluetooth in terms of his headphones... don't quote me on this though.

i recalled it might have something to do with preserving the quality of the music while compressing them any further..

Apr 12, 2015 at 5:14 PM Post #21,550 of 23,366
  i think val said somewhere in the past that he will not have anything to do with bluetooth in terms of his headphones... don't quote me on this though.

i recalled it might have something to do with preserving the quality of the music while compressing them any further..

so when can we know val what it is

Apr 18, 2015 at 4:57 AM Post #21,551 of 23,366

I wish that were the norm, not the exception... To me its not sustainable business to just recolor and rename things without real innovation, just making things obsolete. Its not a smart business move even as it generates more costs for advertising and keeping inventory. So its very welcome to see at least some manufacturers moving against that trend.

Apr 19, 2015 at 5:23 PM Post #21,553 of 23,366
Just snagged a pair of these from Amazon warehouse with just damage to the packaging. Looking forward to giving these a good listen. I had the LP2's for a very short time and absolutely HATED them. Bass was just way to overpowering and unbalanced. Heard nothing but great things about the M-100, and I do really love the V-Moda build/aesthetics. 

Apr 19, 2015 at 5:45 PM Post #21,554 of 23,366
Repurchasing the M-100's soon, going to purchase XL pads as the headphones uncomforatble with stock pads.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back