V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Apr 24, 2013 at 2:24 PM Post #14,162 of 23,366
Quote:
yes it does... less clamp= the pads compressing less

Like TealRice said, the pads aren't thick enough to begin with for loosening the headband to eliminate everyone's problems with cup depth. Even in a zero-clamp situation (at which point the headphones would naturally be unwearable), I suspect many of us with issues would still find our earlobes touching the driver housings. When you add to the pads' thinness the fact that they're stuffed with a highly-moldable memory foam, people like me simply need something thicker.

Apr 24, 2013 at 4:38 PM Post #14,164 of 23,366
Quote:
Like I said earlier, I returned my white silver M-100's for matte black m-100's.  Surprisingly enough, I've noticed some HUGE changes and I felt they were worth noting.  First off, may I just say switching to the matte black M-100's was the best decision I've made so far... these things are way nicer than the white silver (in my opinion)... and this is coming from someone who likes white EVERYTHING.  But moving on...

I was desperately needing the XL pads when I had the white silver pair.  I couldn't wear them for more than 20-30 minutes without extreme discomfort.  However, for some reason, these matte black m-100's seem to be vastly improved in the comfort department?! Let me know if anyone has experience anything similar...

- Matt

Yes, I experienced something similar. I found that there seems to be quite a bit of variation in comfort between different models of the M100. However, I do not think this is related to color as different users all have different opinions on which color is more comfortable. I personally found my white M100 to be more comfortable than my shadow M100 even after I wore the shadow M100 for a much longer period of time. My shadow M100 became uncomfortable after 30min-1hr, while my white M100 I could wear for 1hr+ before the initial discomfort set in.

Quote:
I really hate to come back to the comfort issues on this headphone , but VAL What's Up or Down .. With the XL Pads ? Are they still coming out ? whats the Stats of it ? seems that this issue is being swept under the carpet . Judging by Matts feedback , Did V Moda secretly modified the M-100 leaving the early owners "high and dry" ? maybe more user can varify this.

I can't really help but ........................... a bit disappointed here 
mad.gif

No, V-Moda did NOT secretly modify the M100 earpads. Val has been very adamant that he considers the current earpads to be perfect, and that the XL pads are only being released due to our requests. XL earpads will never become standard according to Val. Only released as an accessory.

Apr 24, 2013 at 4:44 PM Post #14,165 of 23,366
Quote:
look up garfield headphone softee on the b&h website or use the headfi search engine

hey, can someone who did the garfield headphone softee mod please post a few pictures of your headphones with the mod and also measurements of the new earcup depth?

thanks! :)

Apr 24, 2013 at 4:54 PM Post #14,166 of 23,366
Quote:
ok first you get some of this wire or wire like it
than you bend the end like so. and wind it underneath the pads like a spring

it will lay in like this

i got a lot of depth as you can see

these are lp2s however i can say without a doubt that this would work with the m100s/ also this is where i got the "velour socks" that inspired me to use the wire(http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/368310-REG/Garfield_SGARHS1_Headphone_Softie_Earpad.html)

Apr 24, 2013 at 8:09 PM Post #14,167 of 23,366
Ha...that was weird. I ran into the person whom I saw at school with a pair of matte black M-100's. She asked me if I participate on Head-Fi since my shields looked familiar. After saying yes, she said that she bought the M-100's after seeing my review for them. My friend next to me was all like "wait What", hahaha.

Apr 24, 2013 at 8:17 PM Post #14,168 of 23,366
Quote:
Ha...that was weird. I ran into the person whom I saw at school with a pair of matte black M-100's. She asked me if I participate on Head-Fi since my shields looked familiar. After saying yes, she said that she bought the M-100's after seeing my review for them. My friend next to me was all like "wait What", hahaha.

That's awesome.
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 24, 2013 at 9:24 PM Post #14,169 of 23,366
Quote:

was she hot?

Apr 24, 2013 at 9:46 PM Post #14,170 of 23,366
Quote:
Quote:

was she hot?

Wat. That's an irrelevant question, but yes I found her attractive; "beauty is in the eye of the beholder" as they say. I might ask her if she would be interested in joining a Hi-Fi Audio club next year.

Apr 24, 2013 at 9:50 PM Post #14,171 of 23,366
Wat. That's an irrelevant question, but yes I found her attractive; "beauty is in the eye of the beholder" as they say. I might ask her if she would be interested in joining a Hi-Fi Audio club next year.
She's probably reading this :p!!

Apr 24, 2013 at 9:57 PM Post #14,172 of 23,366
Quote:
Quote:

She's probably reading this :p!!

That would be embarrassing, but it's probable, hahaha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back