V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Apr 25, 2013 at 5:23 AM Post #14,177 of 23,366
Well fair play to V-MODA and their customer service which I got my first taste of this week.

It seemed the right angled end of my One button cable was playing up and kept cutting sound when it was twisted or flexed. Sent V-MODA an email and they got back to me within the day asking to simply cut-up/destroy the cable and send them picture proof and they would send out a replacement straight away to the UK. Double checked they would definitely send out to the UK for free (due to the shipping distance and price) and they confirmed not a problem, sent them the picture of my cable cut up and now my replacement is on the way!

Result :)

Apr 25, 2013 at 7:13 AM Post #14,178 of 23,366
Quote:
Ha...that was weird. I ran into the person whom I saw at school with a pair of matte black M-100's. She asked me if I participate on Head-Fi since my shields looked familiar. After saying yes, she said that she bought the M-100's after seeing my review for them. My friend next to me was all like "wait What", hahaha.

Nice story :)
Like-minded people are always attractive... so I guess that question must be answered with 'yes' anyways.
Plus its quite a feat to be recognized by ones headphones :wink:

Apr 25, 2013 at 7:47 AM Post #14,179 of 23,366
Quote:
Asus Transformer TF-300T & V-Moda M-100
cool.gif

NICE!!!  I wonder what it would look if you had the red shields on the M-100's.
tongue_smile.gif

Apr 25, 2013 at 1:48 PM Post #14,180 of 23,366
Apr 25, 2013 at 7:39 PM Post #14,181 of 23,366
The more I listen to my M100s, the more disappointed I become w/ them overall.  I love the looks, the size, the portability and their build quality, but the sound just seems lacking to me.  I've got a set of VSonic GR07 Bass Editions and the IEMs are preferable to me over the M100s.  Yes, I realize these are IEMs compared to full sized headphones, but to me, I should WANT to wear the full sized headphones when I'm relaxing in the evening sipping on a scotch and playing on the internet.  I simply do not...I'd rather shove something in my ears.  It just doesn't make sense to me.  They just seem more "full" for lack of a better term.  Now, this might be because the GR07 BEs have a more prominent mid range that I prefer, but that's the only thing I can really think of.  

It's really weird, and I'm at a loss to why I feel this way.  This is more of a rant than an appeal for help since it's all a preference thing, but just thought it was a bit interesting.

Apr 25, 2013 at 8:06 PM Post #14,182 of 23,366
The more I listen to my M100s, the more disappointed I become w/ them overall.  I love the looks, the size, the portability and their build quality, but the sound just seems lacking to me.  I've got a set of VSonic GR07 Bass Editions and the IEMs are preferable to me over the M100s.  Yes, I realize these are IEMs compared to full sized headphones, but to me, I should WANT to wear the full sized headphones when I'm relaxing in the evening sipping on a scotch and playing on the internet.  I simply do not...I'd rather shove something in my ears.  It just doesn't make sense to me.  They just seem more "full" for lack of a better term.  Now, this might be because the GR07 BEs have a more prominent mid range that I prefer, but that's the only thing I can really think of.  

It's really weird, and I'm at a loss to why I feel this way.  This is more of a rant than an appeal for help since it's all a preference thing, but just thought it was a bit interesting.

I've tried the GR07 before. They are a bargain for the price! I didn't compare them directly to the M-100 but they sounded mire balanced and natural to me.

Odd that your impressions of the M-100 seemed to have reversed. I seem to recall you saying how awesome they were earlier. :p

Apr 25, 2013 at 8:51 PM Post #14,183 of 23,366
Mine is coming within next two days. From what my friends told me about their impressions...i am guessing this m100 is not that suitable for vocal jazz kinda songs which reguired better clarity and accuracy. But this m100 has a very good bass and enough detail to perform other genres. Can't wait to try them my self. I would expect is a good for all rounder.

Apr 25, 2013 at 9:28 PM Post #14,184 of 23,366
Quote:
Mine is coming within next two days. From what my friends told me about their impressions...i am guessing this m100 is not that suitable for vocal jazz kinda songs which reguired better clarity and accuracy. But this m100 has a very good bass and enough detail to perform other genres. Can't wait to try them my self. I would expect is a good for all rounder.

They may surprise you in a good way with jazz vocals as well.

Apr 26, 2013 at 1:18 AM Post #14,187 of 23,366
I've tried the GR07 before. They are a bargain for the price! I didn't compare them directly to the M-100 but they sounded mire balanced and natural to me.

Odd that your impressions of the M-100 seemed to have reversed. I seem to recall you saying how awesome they were earlier. :p

It's not that they have reversed. I still like them...I just prefer to listen to the gr07s at the moment. And the original gr07s are different than the bass editions I've got. They add just a touch of low end and smooth out the slight simblance that was found on the originals (I had those too). So they are more in line w the sound sig that the m100s are going for.

Apr 26, 2013 at 2:05 AM Post #14,188 of 23,366
NICE!!!  I wonder what it would look if you had the red shields on the M-100's. :tongue_smile:

That's in the planning.... :wink:
But I can't decide which design. I think I'll go with the Jersey logo... :L3000:

Speaking of custom shields: Which color matches the red "V" of the Shadow? "Red" or "Crimson Red"?

Apr 26, 2013 at 2:11 AM Post #14,189 of 23,366
Quote:
That's in the planning....
wink.gif

But I can't decide which design. I think I'll go with the Jersey logo...
L3000.gif

Speaking of custom shields: Which color matches the red "V" of the Shadow? "Red" or "Crimson Red"?

Red.

The detailed answer and proof is a few pages back. But crimson is far too dark for the bright red on the V.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back