V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Aug 25, 2012 at 10:40 AM Post #5,538 of 23,366
Now wether V-Moda has some level of filtering stopping you to proceed until you have provided proof authorising the use of logos, or will simply proceed have some kind indemnification, I'm not certain.

http://v-moda.com/over-ear-shields/

"4.If you plan on uploading your own logo, you MUST select "Yes" in the 2b dropdown box. Do not upload company/brand logos you do not own rights to (ie no Disney, NFL logos etc)"

Aug 25, 2012 at 10:41 AM Post #5,539 of 23,366
I'm quite lazy and can't be bothered reading through this huge thread- so when is this thing coming out? First I heard it was July, and then August. Has there been a more eagerly awaited headphone in this forum?

Aug 25, 2012 at 10:48 AM Post #5,540 of 23,366
Quote:
I'm quite lazy and can't be bothered reading through this huge thread- so when is this thing coming out? First I heard it was July, and then August. Has there been a more eagerly awaited headphone in this forum?

No1 knows for sure, but the PPUs (which are available for preorder as we speak on their site, search for VTF-100) will probably be shipped soon and retail availability is sometimes towards end of September ~ early October the very earliest you can expect how it looks like currently.

Aug 25, 2012 at 12:17 PM Post #5,542 of 23,366
Why is it poison? because you want to turn V-moda into beats, and its getting annoying, a noise cancelling MIC is fine, by that I mean one that does not pick up keyboard noise or something, But ANC for isolation is disgusting, it will always negatively affect SQ, the technology has only sort of been pulled off by bose and then still its half the attenuation of CIEMs, if you want isolation get CIEMs stop with this ridiculous crusade of NC when its detrimental. 
Your actually starting to really annoy me with these half baked ideas. Because this is not the first one you have had.

Response:
Wow, way to get personal. I'm not sure who you're confusing me with and what other ideas I've had. Nor am I criticizing anyone else for any ideas they might have (I am not a gamer and it's not applicable to me... do you see me criticizing anyone in the way you just have?)

ANC may not apply to you and that's fine. Claiming that "I'm trying to turn V-MODA into beats" is beyond laughable since if you know me (which you don't, so putting words in my mouth is the only ridiculous thing here) you'd know that I have absolutely zero respect for beats. I also never realized I had that much power.:wink:

I'm not on any "crusade" for NC. Since it was brought up I thought it was a good idea and chimed in. Bose and Beats are not the only brands with NC FYI. There are a number of reputable brands that offer NC headphones (Sennheiser, Audio-Technica, Denon, PSB etc.). I have an ANC7 and it has good SQ for a NC can but of course I would love better SQ in a NC can and because of my experience with V-MODA, I wouldn't be surprised if they came out with one that had exceptional SQ.

For future reference, I'd recommend you get off your high horse and comment on something that actually applies to you. If NC ain't your forte, there's no need to bash someone else who may have the desire for one. I haven't disrespected you in this thread so please try to have the same courtesy, thanks.

Aug 25, 2012 at 12:25 PM Post #5,543 of 23,366
Here's something I'd like to know: 

Whether the special cable and cork are color-matched to any of the shields. 

Combinations that might be affected:

1. Orange shields to orange cable and cork included with the matte-black VTF
  2. Red or dark red shields to details of the shadow VTF

I was thinking about the close proximity of the corks and cables to the shields. I'd probably want the shields to be either the same color as the headphones or cork/cable, or a very different color.  I doubt I'd want two shades of the same color that close together.

I would expect that differences in texture might help the slight differences in color, though (esp. in the case of gray accessories with the gray pads and pearl VTF, since none of the shields seem to apply). 

Brushed metal and croc are interesting choices in the that sense, especially if people bought the matte black version: a subtler way to reduce the monotony.  Another alternative would be to choose a much lighter neutral color for the shields (silver, chrome, etc.). 

Aug 25, 2012 at 12:41 PM Post #5,544 of 23,366
Here's something I'd like to know: 

Whether the special cable and cork are color-matched to any of the shields. 

Combinations that might be affected:

• Orange shields to orange cable and cork included with matte-black VTF
  • Dark red shields to details and included cable of shadow VTF

I was thinking about the close proximity of the corks and cables to the shields. I'd probably want the shields to be either the same color as the headphones or cork/cable, or a very different color.  I doubt I'd want two shades of the same color that close together.

I would expect that differences in texture might help the slight differences in color, though (esp. in the case of gray accessories with gray pads with the pearl VTF, since none of the shields seem to apply).  Brushed metal's an interesting choices in that sense.

I would assume the cork would be the same color as the headphones themselves (i.e. matte black for matte black, white for white) that way they will match no matter what color the shields are.

The "special" cable for matte black I beieve is orange, don't think there are any other colors available. The audio-only cable for the shadow scheme has a small amount of red in it.

Aug 25, 2012 at 1:06 PM Post #5,545 of 23,366

Make sure the m100s haven't got anything on them that look anything like apples or they will sue your ass!

I don't know about that... the m100's are white and black and they have rounded edges. When you stretch the head band it also has the patented bounce back effect. WHAT A BLATENT COPY!!! If I put an iPhone next to one of the cups of the vmoda's I'm sure people will think that I have a couple of iPhones on my ears :p

Anyways my Samsung Galaxy s3 is ready to give juice to these sexy babies. Can't wait!!!

p.s. are the lawers that stupid??? Thats an iphone 3g/3gs not the iphone 4.

Aug 25, 2012 at 1:08 PM Post #5,546 of 23,366
I would assume the cork would be the same color as the headphones themselves (i.e. matte black for matte black, white for white) that way they will match no matter what color the shields are. The "special" cable for matte black I beieve is orange, don't think there are any other colors available. The audio-only cable for the shadow scheme has a small amount of red in it.

Val has already mentioned the colors of the extras included with each of the three basic colors of the VTF. I'm talking strictly about those.

I don't think anyone but V-Moda support or Val can answer these questions:

• Are the orange cable and cork exactly the same shade as the orange custom shields?
  • Is the red cable and detailing of the shadow VTF exactly the same color as the dark red shields (possibly Pantone 188c)?

The questions have to do with matching the shields to the color of extras which are not black -- I thought that was fairly clear.  Here's the exact list:

Quote:
SpeakEasy 1-button cable

Shadow
White silver
Matte black
Cable color
Black
Cool grey 8c/11c
Orange 1595C

SharePlay cable

Shadow
White silver
Matte black
Cable color
Black + Red
Cool grey 8c/11c
Black

PS - played "guess the pantone" with a designer the other day, we were even at reds but I won at oranges and blues!

What's interesting is that he partially answers the question by giving the exact Pantone colors of all accessories except the partly-red cable (I'm not counting black). 

He might be the first audio company CEO in history to do this.

Here's the orange:

The three Pantone colors I'm still not sure about are those of the shields in orange, red and dark red.

Aug 25, 2012 at 2:12 PM Post #5,547 of 23,366

I agree with this man!

Aug 25, 2012 at 3:18 PM Post #5,549 of 23,366
Quote:
Would anyone who is artistically inclined be willing to help me with my custom shields? I originally submitted the radiohead image, but can't use it since it's copyrighted. 

Have a look on here..http://fontmeme.com/tattoo-fonts/ just copy the tatoo in white..www.fontspace.com/category/tattoo on page 3 theres a hearts and stars font,just download it for free and you can use it..but there will be others if you can look through them..or use your headfi name in decent writing..p.s Whatever you do don't put this on them!

something like this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back