V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Aug 27, 2012 at 8:53 AM Post #5,566 of 23,366
Quote:
95% of the people don't care what is the DAC in their phone, and it isn't a "sexy" enough subject for Apple to focus on and highlight to their consumers

Although I agree with the first part, you could just as well argue that DAC's, amplifiers, or sound quality in general not being 'sexy' is exactly the kind of challenge Apple likes to grab and market into a succes. For example, 'retina' made laptop screens a selling point. This is what successful entrepeneurs do best (also compare V-MODA as one of the first to make fashion a selling point with headphones). 

Anyway, this discussion ultimately is irrelevant to V-MODA, as they have to make the best headphone regardless of it's sound source. 

Aug 27, 2012 at 10:44 AM Post #5,567 of 23,366
My year old Samsung Infuse 4G has a Wolfson DAC, but its potential is only unlocked by installing Voodoo Sound mod.

Aug 27, 2012 at 1:30 PM Post #5,568 of 23,366
I have a question, the VTF-100 are the same as the M-100? I say this because I saw the pictures of the headphones design are different.
Does what I understand in some post is that is the release version, but what changes will have on the future M-100?

Sorry my bad English but I'm from Chile = (

PS: If you tell me that has the same sound as the M-100, I'll buy it immediately.

Greetings.

Aug 27, 2012 at 1:33 PM Post #5,569 of 23,366
Quote:
I have a question, the VTF-100 are the same as the M-100? I say this because I saw the pictures of the headphones design are different.
Does what I understand in some post is that is the release version, but what changes will have on the future M-100?

Sorry my bad English but I'm from Chile = (

PS: If you tell me that has the same sound as the M-100, I'll buy it immediately.

Greetings.

They are the same as the M-100, this is just the pre-release order.  You get a few extra accessories and a free shield engraving - but otherwise it's the same product as the M-100.

Aug 27, 2012 at 1:40 PM Post #5,570 of 23,366
American customers didn't get the Wolfson DAC with the Galaxy SIII (supposedly due to Tegra issues with LTE) -- that's why the S3 is ubiquitous Stateside. 

If LTE really is the issue, that's fairly bad news for American audio enthusiasts, given the fact all major carriers are adopting or have adopted it.

On the nether hind, Android-ready DACs are going to be really inexpensive, and so will OTG USB cables.  Many DACs are already compatible with the rooted SIII.

Aug 27, 2012 at 1:47 PM Post #5,572 of 23,366
Quote:
They are the same as the M-100, this is just the pre-release order.  You get a few extra accessories and a free shield engraving - but otherwise it's the same product as the M-100.

Thank you very much! I was scared to buy the VTF-100, a month that went on sale the m-100 and they had better sound and stuff.
Thanks for the clarification.

By chance know when will come the headphones if bought today?

Aug 27, 2012 at 1:59 PM Post #5,573 of 23,366
Quote:

Thank you very much! I was scared to buy the VTF-100, a month that went on sale the m-100 and they had better sound and stuff.
Thanks for the clarification.

By chance know when will come the headphones if bought today?

Nobody knows when they'll be shipped out, but I'd expect they will ship them within a week or two.  It would likely be near the start or middle of September when we get them.

Aug 27, 2012 at 4:00 PM Post #5,577 of 23,366

Users who are viewing this thread

Back