V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Aug 25, 2012 at 9:49 PM Post #5,551 of 23,366
Quote:
Soo, I can't make the design however I want? What if I wanted like a triforce or the silouette of Samus Aran?

From V-MODA's website
Quote:
NOTE: Please make sure that you have the rights to reproduce the artwork. For instance, you cannot send an image of Mickey Mouse unless you have express written rights from Disney to use it.
Do not upload company/brand logos you do not own rights to.

So no you can't have a silhouette of Samus Aran unless you got permission from Nintendo, I believe.

For future reference, please post all shield design-related questions here in the appropriate thread: http://www.head-fi.org/t/616990/v-moda-shield-design-discussion

Aug 25, 2012 at 10:17 PM Post #5,552 of 23,366
Quote:

So no you can't have a silhouette of Samus Aran unless you got permission from Nintendo, I believe.

For future reference, please post all shield design-related questions here in the appropriate thread: http://www.head-fi.org/t/616990/v-moda-shield-design-discussion

No silhouette of Samus, but you can't really call claim on a set of three triangles, so they can actually do the shield design of a triforce. Trust me, I know *cough*

Aug 26, 2012 at 8:14 AM Post #5,557 of 23,366
Quote:
Has a deadline on the preorders been stated yet? I am currently making the design for my custom shields and I don't want to run out of time before Val closes the preorders.

You can order now and send your design in later if I remember correctly.  Just choose custom design and put in a note that the design will be sent via e-mail.

We don't know how many have sold or how many are left, if it's by color or sheer numbers, or what -- Here is all Val said.  People are guessing that 200 was the magic number, but Val never said how many of each color was released (originally was 50-100 per color)

Quote:
Quantity
So far we have received a lot of pre-orders, so we will limit it to ~99 more!  It is pretty exciting. We have a lot of orders in Tokyo too, so we need to allocate some there after the next 99.

-v

Aug 27, 2012 at 5:19 AM Post #5,558 of 23,366
Wow over 24 hours and not one post :O anyways this July release date has been pushed back so much :frowning2: I am really hoping to get them before school starts on sept. 6th come on val!!! Anyways I got to borrow the m80s I got my cousin and damn they sound great with my s3 w/Wolfson DAC. Can't wait to use my m100'swith them and by then hopefully voodoo sound releases for the s3 :D

Aug 27, 2012 at 6:05 AM Post #5,559 of 23,366
Quote:
oh Val...

My wife is going to love this...

See, you can justify your purchase now to her!
Quote:
I had the same thought. I can see us using it on an airplane especially.

You can share in multiple ways w M-100, we thought it'd be cool to "mix it up".

Aug 27, 2012 at 6:36 AM Post #5,560 of 23,366
Quote:
Wow over 24 hours and not one post :O anyways this July release date has been pushed back so much
frown.gif
I am really hoping to get them before school starts on sept. 6th come on val!!! Anyways I got to borrow the m80s I got my cousin and damn they sound great with my s3 w/Wolfson DAC. Can't wait to use my m100'swith them and by then hopefully voodoo sound releases for the s3
biggrin.gif

Really nothing to talk about for now :p We're just playing to waiting game for the release of the 100's. 

Aug 27, 2012 at 7:23 AM Post #5,561 of 23,366
Quote:
Wow over 24 hours and not one post :O anyways this July release date has been pushed back so much
frown.gif
I am really hoping to get them before school starts on sept. 6th come on val!!! Anyways I got to borrow the m80s I got my cousin and damn they sound great with my s3 w/Wolfson DAC. Can't wait to use my m100'swith them and by then hopefully voodoo sound releases for the s3
biggrin.gif

It was only a matter of time before the cell/mobile phones came out with wolfson dacs i wonder what apple has got up it's sleeve with the iphone 5, will it be 24/192khz and 4k with better headphones?

Aug 27, 2012 at 8:18 AM Post #5,562 of 23,366
Quote:
It was only a matter of time before the cell/mobile phones came out with wolfson dacs i wonder what apple has got up it's sleeve with the iphone 5, will it be 24/192khz and 4k with better headphones?

Not likely because sound ins't the selling point of most phones.

Aug 27, 2012 at 8:46 AM Post #5,564 of 23,366
Samsung and apple have become rivals now so they will probably hit back with something special to beat the s3 with wolfson dac!

95% of the people don't care what is the DAC in their phone, and it isn't a "sexy" enough subject for Apple to focus on and highlight to their consumers. Samsung doesn't even brag about their DAC in the Galaxy SIII. Apple is more about visual and feel than the sound in their devices.

Aug 27, 2012 at 8:51 AM Post #5,565 of 23,366
Quote:
95% of the people don't care what is the DAC in their phone, and it isn't a "sexy" enough subject for Apple to focus on and highlight to their consumers. Samsung doesn't even brag about their DAC in the Galaxy SIII. Apple is more about visual and feel than the sound in their devices.

I don't agree with that sorry, why would it be a different size if they weren't changing anything about the phone other than the operating system and 4k's what all the new tvs are, it's 4x 1080p if you didn't already know!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back