V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Jul 10, 2012 at 1:54 PM Post #3,031 of 23,366
There is no need to lock the thread IMHO. We just have to exercise some self-restraint.
Val can do the exact opposite, I doubt anyone would complain with more info provided!

Until the M-100 is released, I'd agree with you. But once it is, I think a newer, cleaner, less speculative & "wishlist" thread is deserved.

Jul 10, 2012 at 2:08 PM Post #3,032 of 23,366
Quote:
I should've realized how compact the case was going to be when I first saw this picture. But it wasn't until you reported this that I realized something else that's new from the other V-MODA headphones, or at least my LP:
The earcups flip completely around!
On the LP, the cable that goes into the headband doesn't have enough slack and there is a plastic bit on the earcup hinge that both keep the earcup from flipping to face the outside. Now it'll be easy... A great feature for DJ's who want to switch between 2 & 1 ear sound monitoring.
I can't believe it took me this long to realize that. Way cool!
smily_headphones1.gif

You sure about that man? Idk I'm just not seeing that.
Quote:
Until the M-100 is released, I'd agree with you. But once it is, I think a newer, cleaner, less speculative & "wishlist" thread is deserved.

I kinda already made a thread like that yesterday. It won't start becoming more active until people start getting the M-100.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/617863/music-that-your-listening-to-with-the-m-1oos#post_8519604

Jul 10, 2012 at 2:20 PM Post #3,033 of 23,366
I kinda already made a thread like that yesterday. It won't start becoming more active until people start getting the M-100.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/617863/music-that-your-listening-to-with-the-m-1oos#post_8519604

I was thinking more of a proper reviews & impressions thread. This thread hasn't really panned out that way despite its subject title. Think I'm the only consumer/member active on this thread that has heard the M-100s giving my impressions.

Jul 10, 2012 at 2:25 PM Post #3,035 of 23,366
Quote:
I was thinking more of a proper reviews & impressions thread. This thread hasn't really panned out that way despite its subject title. Think I'm the only consumer/member active on this thread that has heard the M-100s giving my impressions.

+1; I would suggest that you start the thread as you are a senior Head-fier, know Val and are one of the privileged few who has actually heard the M-100. 

Jul 10, 2012 at 2:36 PM Post #3,037 of 23,366

Pretty sure. To have the pads facing each other when folded like they are in the pic, the cups are already flipped. Otherwise the earpads would be facing away from eachother. The only way they couldn't flip once the hinges are unfolded is if the cable going into the headband doesn't have enough slack once in that position. If that's the case, a mod to extend the wires would be child's play, and a popular one among DJs I bet.

Jul 10, 2012 at 3:30 PM Post #3,039 of 23,366
Quote:

Yes, of course. New users looking for the M-100 thread and stumbling across this won't be getting proper info until past 200+ pages. Temporarily locking the thread changes nothing in this respect.
Either a mod can flush all posts once the actual M-100 is out, or as you said, a new thread. At that point we can lock this one, maybe only keeping it for book keeping purposes.

And I think you are indeed the only consumer with experience with the M-100's. I'm sure you realize many of us are envious of you, but also very thankful for your impressions! I don't think the OP expected such wildfire level of activity in this thread. In fact I haven't seen the OP post back here.

Jul 10, 2012 at 8:12 PM Post #3,040 of 23,366
Quote:
This PPU talk should end since it is getting so heated. Getting a PPU product is a privilege, not a right. The vast majority of companies don't sell PPU products at all, so you are in no way entitled to a PPU M-100. I don't care what your post count is, how often you contribute to this thread, or when your first post was in this thread. The reality is that PPU products are meant for the press and reviews by the press have a much larger audience than reviews by people on a forum. The LPs and M-80s are ridiculously popular on Amazon; do you really think everyone who bought one did so because of our reviews on this forum? Some people, sure, but the vast majority are common consumers who probably read the amazon reviews and a few reviews from major tech websites and have no idea what head fi is. The fact M-100 PPU will be sold to the public at all is lucky for us. Val doesn't need our reviews of PPU to drum up interest in this product. He's making them available because for a while he's been a good guy on here who has tried to interact with the community. Once you realize that's a privilege (like PPU M-100s) and not a right, I'd like to see if you would still complain about something so silly. It's not the end of the world if you end up with production M-100s.

This remark likely came as a result of my previous post, but I'd just like to say for the record that my post was in jest. I'm more than happy waiting for any available M-100, PPU or not. I've waited since last year, I've seen every post on this thread, and I try to keep the humor light around here. This is a headphone, people, not food, not shelter, not anything I actually need. A headphone. 

Jul 10, 2012 at 8:30 PM Post #3,041 of 23,366
This remark likely came as a result of my previous post, but I'd just like to say for the record that my post was in jest. I'm more than happy waiting for any available M-100, PPU or not. I've waited since last year, I've seen every post on this thread, and I try to keep the humor light around here. This is a headphone, people, not food, not shelter, not anything I actually need. A headphone. 

wait so you mean it isn't going to be a cure for cancer?

Jul 10, 2012 at 8:40 PM Post #3,042 of 23,366
I agree with djsquared's sentiments. Of course its polite to give credit to continuous commenters or perpetual posts. But seriously, Its just a headphone everybody. Its not going anywhere; I'm not one to judge, because I don't post a lot of comments on head fi. Although I've followed this post for the past seven month's and I have a deep respect for what Val does for the community and the other respective audiophiles. Word of warning: BE MINDFUL OF WHAT YOU SAY TO OTHERS. Again, their headphones people; They break, they crack, they disconnect. I believe being thoughtful of others matters more than a simple headphone. Pre-production unit , Mass production unit, or whatever. Thank you 
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 10, 2012 at 8:55 PM Post #3,043 of 23,366
Quote:
Months?  Sympathy?  You hadn't even heard of V-Moda until 3 weeks ago when Roma101 told you about the M-100's.  Where do you get off posing yourself as a long time contributer when you've only been here 3 weeks?  Begging for 'TEAL' every fricken day isn't exactly a contribution either.  Now you want special priviliges?  Back o' the line son.

Good lord there are some big dorks around here.  

Jul 10, 2012 at 9:30 PM Post #3,045 of 23,366
It's sad how side-tracked this thread became with the arguments - let's try to avoid them if we're going to keep this thread unlocked until launch.

Speaking of launch - wondering when we're going to get an official, confident date; I know that "it will be ready when it's ready", but I'm curious to know when that is. I'm the type of person that likes to know things in advance, as small as that may be sometimes.

Val - any hints? I'm assuming pre-orders for the "Pre-Release" units will begin within a week or so?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back