V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Jul 9, 2012 at 9:08 PM Post #3,001 of 23,366
Quote:

And also to the person who asked how the hinges will work if you see this 

From this pic it's pretty obvious that the way it will work is that the earcups will stay still while the wishbone shaped parts (sorry don't know the official name of those parts) will move upwards putting the earcups together. If the hinges snap upwards in a fast motion I can imagine why Val said it looks amazing.

It's a convenient folding design. The Audio Technica ATH-M50 and Shure SRH840, 440, 240 have similar folding mechanisms.

M50

And from Shure's SRH1840 model, I think the "wishbone" part is called the yoke.

On a side note, from the above photo, it looks like the M-100 will have a tight clamping force judging from the "V" bend of the headband. But if it's like the M-80's then I'm sure it can be stretched to fit one's head better, as was exemplified in Tyll's M-80 review video.

Jul 9, 2012 at 9:25 PM Post #3,002 of 23,366
Hey guys I just made a new thread dedicated to the M-100's

http://www.head-fi.org/t/617863/music-that-your-listening-to-with-the-m-1oos

I know it may have been too early to make that thread and I know the first posters will most likely be the first people with the PPU's but I'm pretty sure the thread will get going once more of us start getting our pairs of M-100's. I just wanted to make sure that it was made and that you guys knew about it.

Jul 9, 2012 at 10:16 PM Post #3,003 of 23,366
Val,

I think we've said all we can say without actually hearing the M-100.  What do you say to launching the preorders and shipping when you are confident they are ready for our ears (or our ears are ready for the M-100)?

Jul 10, 2012 at 5:47 AM Post #3,005 of 23,366
Val,

I've read that you work out a lot with the V-MODAs. Doesn't the porous padding of the headband get smelly/stinky from all the constant sweating?

I'm just bringing up IRL situations, because I also want a 6 stars product.

Jul 10, 2012 at 6:35 AM Post #3,006 of 23,366
Quote:
Well, it's just as unfair to us if we're at work, and all the PPU's are taken by the time we get home - right? Think about it this way.. Would you have more sympathy for...

• A person who has followed the thread for months, and contributed heavily to the discussion - missing out on the PPU's due to work and a bad announcement time?
or...
  • A person who just discovered the thread, missing out on a PPU because those who have been contributing to it have reserved a PPU in advance?

I'd feel worse for the former, no matter how you word it.. + it's not just me.

Months?  Sympathy?  You hadn't even heard of V-Moda until 3 weeks ago when Roma101 told you about the M-100's.  Where do you get off posing yourself as a long time contributer when you've only been here 3 weeks?  Begging for 'TEAL' every fricken day isn't exactly a contribution either.  Now you want special priviliges?  Back o' the line son.

Jul 10, 2012 at 7:03 AM Post #3,007 of 23,366
Quote:
Months?  Sympathy?  You hadn't even heard of V-Moda until 3 weeks ago when Roma101 told you about the M-100's.  Where do you get off posing yourself as a long time contributer when you've only been here 3 weeks?  Begging for 'TEAL' every fricken day isn't exactly a contribution either.  Now you want special priviliges?  Back o' the line son.

Jul 10, 2012 at 8:21 AM Post #3,008 of 23,366
If I was val I would make the PPU more expensive
tongue.gif

Jul 10, 2012 at 8:30 AM Post #3,010 of 23,366
Quote:
I'm sure everyone here who wants a PPU appreciates your suggestion.  Is there anything else you would like to contribute to the discussion?

Yeah, he should make them more expensive!!!!

:p

Jul 10, 2012 at 9:12 AM Post #3,012 of 23,366
Quote:

Agreed with the 'calm down bro' images. Also, I've known about V-Moda since I got into headphones - just never seriously looked at them until I heard of the M-100.

By the way, so you know. - I wasn't talking about myself. I was talking about anyone who's been here for a little while. Like you, or Sonic Boom, or Music Crave. 

Calm down - I don't get why you hate me so much, but if you want to lose your cool, yell at me in pm's, not on the thread.

Jul 10, 2012 at 9:13 AM Post #3,013 of 23,366
Quote:
hey will the ppu's differ in price from the actual cans?

NO, in fact, Val said he would offer some value addeds such as custom shields and signing something to go with them.  While it would be great to have the M-100 before others, there is also a greater chance of defects with PPUs since the reason behind PPUs is to work the bugs out before mass production.

Jul 10, 2012 at 9:15 AM Post #3,014 of 23,366
Quote:
NO, in fact, Val said he would offer some value addeds such as custom shields and signing something to go with them.  While it would be great to have the M-100 before others, there is also a greater chance of defects with PPUs since the reason behind PPUs is to work the bugs out before mass production.

I've asked him, apparently they'll be the same in quality and such... He answered my question a page or three/four back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back