V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Jul 10, 2012 at 9:24 AM Post #3,016 of 23,366
Quote:
The reality is there may be defects identified with PPUs after some use that don't show up in testing but could be fixed before mass production.

I guess so..

Well~! You can only ask for so much right? We'll see what happens, no point worrying about it. I'm thinking maybe this thread should be closed for a bit, until the releases actually happen.

We could update the first post with everything we know - if that helps.

Jul 10, 2012 at 9:32 AM Post #3,017 of 23,366
Quote:
I guess so..

Well~! You can only ask for so much right? We'll see what happens, no point worrying about it. I'm thinking maybe this thread should be closed for a bit, until the releases actually happen.

We could update the first post with everything we know - if that helps.

I agree there isn't much left to say until we get our hands on them.

Jul 10, 2012 at 10:06 AM Post #3,018 of 23,366
After two weeks of using my M80's, the earpads are still too painful to use for more than 2 hours so I decided to return them.  I will have for a month or two without having the V-MODA sound which makes me kind of sad.  Are there any other headphones you guys can think of that have a similar detail/bass quantity/bass quality?

Jul 10, 2012 at 10:12 AM Post #3,019 of 23,366
Quote:
After two weeks of using my M80's, the earpads are still too painful to use for more than 2 hours so I decided to return them.  I will have for a month or two without having the V-MODA sound which makes me kind of sad.  Are there any other headphones you guys can think of that have a similar detail/bass quantity/bass quality?

If you are looking for bass, you may want to check out this forum

http://www.head-fi.org/t/573826/the-basshead-club/2250#post_8520071

If you are looking for amazing sounding circumaural headphones to hold you over, I recommend the PSB M4U2.

If you are looking for inexpensive bassy circumaural headphones, try the M-Audio Q40.

Jul 10, 2012 at 10:35 AM Post #3,020 of 23,366
Quote:
If you are looking for bass, you may want to check out this forum

http://www.head-fi.org/t/573826/the-basshead-club/2250#post_8520071

If you are looking for amazing sounding circumaural headphones to hold you over, I recommend the PSB M4U2.

If you are looking for inexpensive bassy circumaural headphones, try the M-Audio Q40.

Thanks for the suggestions mate.  I am not really a basshead but after trying out the M80's I was really surprised at how balanced the sound was.  My ideal headphone would be one with good bass that doesn't sacrifice quality or volume in the mids/highs.  I will definitely do some research on the above mentioned though.

Jul 10, 2012 at 10:35 AM Post #3,021 of 23,366
Quote:
Months?  Sympathy?  You hadn't even heard of V-Moda until 3 weeks ago when Roma101 told you about the M-100's.  Where do you get off posing yourself as a long time contributer when you've only been here 3 weeks?  Begging for 'TEAL' every fricken day isn't exactly a contribution either.  Now you want special priviliges?  Back o' the line son.

Maybe we can buy the PPUs in the order of who has participated in this thread longest? Starting with OP, then well, OP again because he posted twice in a row, and then..let's see...that would be...me! 
very_evil_smiley.gif
biggrin.gif

But seriously, folks...let's just all relax until Val decides to make a move.

Jul 10, 2012 at 10:43 AM Post #3,022 of 23,366
haha...i wonder how many people out there r after the PPUs...

cant believe after waiting months...the time is finally almost here for these babies to finally be revealeddd :O!!!

Jul 10, 2012 at 11:00 AM Post #3,023 of 23,366
Guys can we cut out the irrelevant posts that dont contribute...I hadnt visited this thread in a week and I had to sift through 250 new posts to find just 5 helpful ones...3 of them made by Val, a moderator seriously needs to step in here, but until then...if its not worth saying...dont say it...simple 
wink_face.gif

Jul 10, 2012 at 11:15 AM Post #3,024 of 23,366
Quote:
Guys can we cut out the irrelevant posts that dont contribute...I hadnt visited this thread in a week and I had to sift through 250 new posts to find just 5 helpful ones...3 of them made by Val, a moderator seriously needs to step in here, but until then...if its not worth saying...dont say it...simple 
wink_face.gif

Agreed.

Also agreed on the fact a mod should step in, we have nothing really left to say, so a quick update with all relevant info to the first post, and we can lock this thread down until they're released.

Jul 10, 2012 at 11:21 AM Post #3,025 of 23,366
This PPU talk should end since it is getting so heated. Getting a PPU product is a privilege, not a right. The vast majority of companies don't sell PPU products at all, so you are in no way entitled to a PPU M-100. I don't care what your post count is, how often you contribute to this thread, or when your first post was in this thread. The reality is that PPU products are meant for the press and reviews by the press have a much larger audience than reviews by people on a forum. The LPs and M-80s are ridiculously popular on Amazon; do you really think everyone who bought one did so because of our reviews on this forum? Some people, sure, but the vast majority are common consumers who probably read the amazon reviews and a few reviews from major tech websites and have no idea what head fi is. The fact M-100 PPU will be sold to the public at all is lucky for us. Val doesn't need our reviews of PPU to drum up interest in this product. He's making them available because for a while he's been a good guy on here who has tried to interact with the community. Once you realize that's a privilege (like PPU M-100s) and not a right, I'd like to see if you would still complain about something so silly. It's not the end of the world if you end up with production M-100s.

Jul 10, 2012 at 11:54 AM Post #3,026 of 23,366
This PPU talk should end since it is getting so heated. Getting a PPU product is a privilege, not a right. The vast majority of companies don't sell PPU products at all, so you are in no way entitled to a PPU M-100. I don't care what your post count is, how often you contribute to this thread, or when your first post was in this thread. The reality is that PPU products are meant for the press and reviews by the press have a much larger audience than reviews by people on a forum. The LPs and M-80s are ridiculously popular on Amazon; do you really think everyone who bought one did so because of our reviews on this forum? Some people, sure, but the vast majority are common consumers who probably read the amazon reviews and a few reviews from major tech websites and have no idea what head fi is. The fact M-100 PPU will be sold to the public at all is lucky for us. Val doesn't need our reviews of PPU to drum up interest in this product. He's making them available because for a while he's been a good guy on here who has tried to interact with the community. Once you realize that's a privilege (like PPU M-100s) and not a right, I'd like to see if you would still complain about something so silly. It's not the end of the world if you end up with production M-100s.

Agreed

Jul 10, 2012 at 1:01 PM Post #3,027 of 23,366
Quote:

Yes, yes, a billion times yes. I guess this is what I was essentially trying to say a couple pages ago, just not nearly as...defined.

I have a valid question then: If we do lock this thread up until the release, where do we find out that the PPU's are on sale? I was imagining that Val would come on here and let us know, but I guess we'll just have to watch the V-Moda official website really closely...? Suggestions?

Jul 10, 2012 at 1:28 PM Post #3,028 of 23,366
There is no need to lock the thread IMHO. We just have to exercise some self-restraint.
Val can do the exact opposite, I doubt anyone would complain with more info provided!

Jul 10, 2012 at 1:52 PM Post #3,029 of 23,366
This thread is like (mostly) free advertising for the M-100.  If this thread gets locked and it falls down the page, that's less exposure for the M-100 and I don't see that helping Val at all.
While there are a few people in this thread being a little too hyperbolic in their early praise of this headphone, there's honestly an air of excitement in this thread that I feel is almost palpable.  And I think it gets other people excited about it.  If a mod comes in and puts a damper on it, the thread loses that excitement aspect and... well you can't please everyone and if one or two people complain that this thread isn't as informative as they want, well they should read the title that says "Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc."
Note the bolded areas.  We're discussing the M-100 and some etc. topics related to it.  Sounds like this thread is perfectly on track to me.

Plus typing V-MODA M-100 in Google, the first result is this thread.

I say leave it open.  Who's it really hurting?  We just need to keep posting that Up-To-Date List that was posted several pages back to make it easier for people to find info in the thread.  JMHO.

Jul 10, 2012 at 1:53 PM Post #3,030 of 23,366
Yeah I think I seen you on facebook asking about the shield color in this pic? Not sure though.

And also to the person who asked how the hinges will work if you see this 

From this pic it's pretty obvious that the way it will work is that the earcups will stay still while the wishbone shaped parts (sorry don't know the official name of those parts) will move upwards putting the earcups together. If the hinges snap upwards in a fast motion I can imagine why Val said it looks amazing.

I should've realized how compact the case was going to be when I first saw this picture. But it wasn't until you reported this that I realized something else that's new from the other V-MODA headphones, or at least my LP:

The earcups flip completely around!

On the LP, the cable that goes into the headband doesn't have enough slack and there is a plastic bit on the earcup hinge that both keep the earcup from flipping to face the outside. Now it'll be easy... A great feature for DJ's who want to switch between 2 & 1 ear sound monitoring.

I can't believe it took me this long to realize that. Way cool! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back