V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Dec 6, 2019 at 12:54 PM Post #23,296 of 23,366
I recently purchased the M-100s in order to take advantage of the balanced output of my XDP-300R DAP. The 300R's balanced output is a 2.5mm jack and the M-100s don't come with a 2.5mm cable so I will need to purchase one. Any recommendations on where to purchase this from? I don't feel comfortable enough with building it myself.

Also, what size are the jacks on the headphones themselves? Thanks!

Dec 7, 2019 at 10:59 PM Post #23,297 of 23,366
I recently purchased the M-100s in order to take advantage of the balanced output of my XDP-300R DAP. The 300R's balanced output is a 2.5mm jack and the M-100s don't come with a 2.5mm cable so I will need to purchase one. Any recommendations on where to purchase this from? I don't feel comfortable enough with building it myself.

Also, what size are the jacks on the headphones themselves? Thanks!

The size of the jacks is standard 3.5mm. But the headphones are wired together internally (unbalanced), so what you are trying to do won’t work - they are not balanced inputs.

If you want balanced inputs, you would need to rewire the M-100 internally.

Dec 14, 2019 at 11:51 AM Post #23,298 of 23,366
I love these headphones! In 2019, selling for just over £100 brand new, they still go toe to toe with many headphones in the £500 - £800 range. V Moda got it right with the M-100, and, I believe these should be in every basshead audiophile's arsenal.

Excellent sub bass extension, with beautiful mids and clear non fatiguing highs.

If only these came with the XL pads by default, but at this price it's difficult to complain.

Well done V Moda for these must have headphones.

Jan 4, 2020 at 9:40 AM Post #23,299 of 23,366
I found B-stock M100 for a pretty good price (about $160) and decided to pull the trigger and finally ordered them. Ive always wanted to try out V-modas and I remember dreaming about M100 in the past mainly because how cool they looked, lol. I need one decent pure bassheadcan that I can blast when I dont want to give a crap.

Jan 15, 2020 at 6:49 PM Post #23,300 of 23,366
Hey Guys,
I love my M100's but after hundreds of hours of being abused I finally broke the small black chevron shield things the provide the clicking/resistance when adjusting the headband size. Where can I buy new ones?

Also, I can attest that these headphones have survived 2 years of working in an industrial shop, 3 more years of traveling (flying) 50% of the time for work, working on the house, being dropped, kicked, abused, and generally treated harshly. The only problem I ever had was the XL pads lost their fluff and the chevrons broke. Considering what they have been through they're basically superman and still sounds great. If I ever break them, I'll promptly buy a new pair.

Broken Chevron.jpg MissingChevron.jpg

Jan 15, 2020 at 6:54 PM Post #23,301 of 23,366
Hey Guys,
I love my M100's but after hundreds of hours of being abused I finally broke the small black chevron shield things the provide the clicking/resistance when adjusting the headband size. Where can I buy new ones?

Also, I can attest that these headphones have survived 2 years of working in an industrial shop, 3 more years of traveling (flying) 50% of the time for work, working on the house, being dropped, kicked, abused, and generally treated harshly. The only problem I ever had was the XL pads lost their fluff and the chevrons broke. Considering what they have been through they're basically superman and still sounds great. If I ever break them, I'll promptly buy a new pair.

Same issue here. My M100 has never gone out home.

Jan 15, 2020 at 10:41 PM Post #23,302 of 23,366
Hey Guys,

V-Moda has an Immortal Life Program where you can trade in your old headphones to purchase a new one at a reduced price :-

https://www.v-moda.com/us/en/immortal-life-program

Jan 16, 2020 at 11:23 AM Post #23,303 of 23,366
Yes, but I'd prefer to repair vs buy new. They're still perfectly fine except for the chevrons. Do they really not sell replacement parts for the only plastic part on them?

Jan 16, 2020 at 11:36 AM Post #23,304 of 23,366
Maybe you can have someone 3D print replacements for you? Or maybe you can find them on sites like Shapeways etc.

Also, iirc there's a few people on ebay who strip headphones and sell the parts.

Jan 19, 2020 at 4:57 AM Post #23,305 of 23,366
Yes, but I'd prefer to repair vs buy new. They're still perfectly fine except for the chevrons. Do they really not sell replacement parts for the only plastic part on them?

since some ma shave used the immortal life program without sending headphones back (I.e. by cutting cords), you may be able to find a defective M-100 to take apart for spare parts. In which area are you living?

Feb 7, 2020 at 10:10 PM Post #23,306 of 23,366
I've had this pair of Crossfade M100's (a warranty replacement on a previous pair I'd gotten in early 2014 owing to some static issue) since late 2015, though there was a period where I barely used them for close to 2 years, so I've been continuously using them for maybe 2 1/2 years. The underside of the faux leather headband started to basically peel off at some point last year. I don't remember anything like this happening on the first pair I got, and while this was mostly a cosmetic issue, it seems like the headband itself is starting to irritate my head, even when the headphones are fully extended. I know I could buy another pair of XL cushions, but I've ordered 2 pairs over time and it really doesn't take long for them to start flattening out.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can do about cushioning that isn't something cheap/invasive/ugly like getting styrofoam? Are there headband cushions I could get to alleviate this, or is this something that might just subside? While I love the sound quality on these headphones, I'm really disappointed at the construction of the headband and the cushions themselves, but I'm wondering if I might have just gotten a bad pair, since I really don't remember this with the first ones.

Bit of an update, I noticed that when these headphones are stretched out to put on my head there's some kind of internal frame that juts out, it's like it's falling apart inside, and that's what seems to be causing me pain now. I decided to go ahead and wrap tape around the area to reduce the bulge, and the first time I wrapped tape and took it off to readjust, the outer material with the logo on top just peeled right off. I kind of expected that, but I'm amazed at how shoddy the headband on this pair is. They really are falling apart at this point. Only 2+ years of use and, aside from the chevrons, they actually look worse than MCImes' pair.

Might look into V-Moda's Immortal Life Program, since it's technically been 6 years since I first purchased V-Moda's. Just wish this pair held up longer.

Last edited:
May 2, 2020 at 4:56 PM Post #23,307 of 23,366
Hey Guys,

I have the same issue and the headband just started to peeling. Never went out home and I can't find a place to buy spare parts. Three years old from Spain.

On the other hand the Inmortal Life Program gives you a different discount if you bought the M100 before 12-11 2019 or after in a official sotore or distributor. 50% or 20%.

Last edited:
May 22, 2020 at 1:41 AM Post #23,309 of 23,366
Hi again guys.

I'm going to use the Inmortal LIfe Program and I would like to know which of the new models (one wireless and one wired) has the same sound like my M100. I'm interested in Crosfade Wireless Codex Edition but I don't know if the sound has the same bass (I'm basshead).

Thanks.

May 22, 2020 at 4:22 AM Post #23,310 of 23,366
Hi again guys.

I'm going to use the Inmortal LIfe Program and I would like to know which of the new models (one wireless and one wired) has the same sound like my M100. I'm interested in Crosfade Wireless Codex Edition but I don't know if the sound has the same bass (I'm basshead).

Thanks.

Don't know about the one you mentioned, but my crossfade wireless II rose gold edition with aptx has similar bass and improved treble detail, even with using BT.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back